Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1

Post New Thread Reply   

Xoleum
Old 12-03-2009 , 17:09   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #151

I'm pretty sure beta 2 snapshots are really stable. Unless that's what crashing my server constantly, but I doubt it. I believe it's the crappy server provided by my gameserver company. Not sure though, I'll check once I get my own dedicated server activated and I can monitor the console and what not.
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 12-03-2009 , 19:19   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #152

Don't rely on snapshots. Most of them are fine, but some fixes we do introduce new bugs.

Right now I consider ZR (beta 2) very stable. There are no memory leaks and we reach 4000+ minutes uptime. Still I have to admit there are rare crashes in certain situations with certain configurations. I did a fix for this case which I hope worked, but we won't know until a week or two.

The SDK Hooks extension was uptated a few days ago so it looks like there's progress on that one too. We're going to use that one when all features are ready (only one feature missing, which is coded but not compiled for public yet, I think). The crash on server shut down is caused by ZR Tools, no doubt. That problem will fix itself when we switch to SDK Hooks.

We hope to get a release ready before end of this year. Greyscale have a few incomplete features like support for multiple grenades in zmarket. I don't know how important those features are for the next release. We just want to release it as soon as possible because there are tons of fixes and features we want to share.

We will only test various stuff the next weeks, no new major features will be implemented.

After beta 2 release we'll move on to a patch release style, so there will be the main beta 2 package and a patch with more bug fixes that are discovered.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)

Last edited by rhelgeby; 12-03-2009 at 19:32.
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
CS:S*
BANNED
Old 12-03-2009 , 20:38   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #153

Confirmed ... and don't forget the freeze grenade you promised me ;)

=================
*DANGER*
S_coRpIon_S
Old 12-04-2009 , 17:12   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #154

rhelgeby - And transfer zombiereloaded.phrases.txt on Russian is already ready yes?
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 12-04-2009 , 18:13   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #155

ZR is only available in english and norwegian. Other languages has to be translated.

CS:S*: Freeze grenades is possible, but not a priority for the beta 2 release. We aim to eliminate as many bugs as possible for the beta 2 release so we get a 99-100% stable release. There are still known issues in some features, but they are not important for the general gameplay. I'm going to write notes about known issues when we release.

(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
S_coRpIon_S
Old 12-04-2009 , 18:21   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #156

S_coRpIon_S
Old 12-07-2009 , 12:25   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #157

rhelgeby - In beta 2 it will be possible classes to clean standard of playerclasses.txt??? And that after that worked, and I from beta 1 have removed that also game was not started to see they where that are registered: (
CS:S*
BANNED
Old 12-07-2009 , 12:29   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #158

S_coRpIon_S I did not understand again ... beta 2 has his own cfg's and everithing so you have to do it once again like i did ...if that is what you are asking
S_coRpIon_S
Old 12-07-2009 , 13:29   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #159

I from playerclasses.txt have cleaned all standard models and game was not started! Where they can be still registered I do not know it in beta 1 and in Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1 all worked normally! I cleaned models standard a current from playerclasses.txt, My question in other in beta3 game to be started if I remove standard models from playerclasses.txt (only from there Game then to be started?)!!!
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 12-07-2009 , 13:41   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #160

Check error logs. Sounds like a typo somewhere.

Btw, if you have a problem start a new thread and don't post here.