Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules

Post New Thread Reply   

Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 06-28-2014 , 01:11   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyelanderules View Post
Alright, before i followed your thread i only did the basic tf_server_identity commands for the old stuff and i finnished everything you said and my server is now getting this and all is good:
Assigned persistent gameserver Steam ID [G-#:####].

I think i got it to work but just to be sure.
Yes, it's working.
Old 07-19-2014 , 06:44   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #142

Tell me CS:GO to work or just by increasing?
Old 08-24-2014 , 13:44   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #143

For CS:GO are the plugins required? Or is it the same way as TF2 and CS:S with a bootcommand?

Last edited by tumtum; 08-24-2014 at 13:59.
Amroth
Old 09-05-2014 , 16:35   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #144

I have an question

I have CS:GO server, but I'll change ip, so how I exactly update my client's favorite?

Current server has token running, when I open new server with new ip, I'll use same token with both server? or I just remove from old server and use same token on new server? I really didn't get it, how its work? can someone explain how to update favorites? thank you.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-05-2014 , 16:48   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amroth View Post
I have an question

I have CS:GO server, but I'll change ip, so how I exactly update my client's favorite?

Current server has token running, when I open new server with new ip, I'll use same token with both server? or I just remove from old server and use same token on new server? I really didn't get it, how its work? can someone explain how to update favorites? thank you.
Never, ever have the same token on two servers at once.

So... remove the token from the old server and use the same token on the new server. Generally, clients will update their favorites list within 24 hours.

Now for the long boring section, which you can feel free to skip. It explains why you shouldn't have two servers with the same token.

Spoiler
Old 09-05-2014 , 17:36   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #146

Thanks! its now more clear.

Edit: do I need keep old server open?

Last edited by Amroth; 09-05-2014 at 18:07.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 09-06-2014 , 00:02   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amroth View Post
Thanks! its now more clear.

Edit: do I need keep old server open?
How long has your old server been running the token? You want to let it run for a few weeks to a month or so in order to ensure that most of your favorites have the account ID associated with it.

Anyway, once you switch over, you can shut down your old one.
Old 10-27-2014 , 18:29   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #148

With the new valve class limits on TF2, can we do our own class limits now without being removed from quickplay?
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-27-2014 , 19:59   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwanabe View Post
With the new valve class limits on TF2, can we do our own class limits now without being removed from quickplay?
I would imagin yes... by the way - can you post a reference as to the config you would use for me cause I'd like to remove this plugin and use this feature
jpwanabe
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2014 , 20:02   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #150

The valve class limits are not class per class. It apply to every class. So if you set it to 2 you can only have 2 of every class. Not all that good in my opinion.