Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Zombie Swarm 3.1

Post New Thread Reply   

KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 06-13-2010 , 12:24   Re: Zombie Swarm 3.0 Beta 7c
Reply With Quote #1421

Did anyone try already 3.0 Beta 7c with podbot mm V3B21? I like how bots are playing against zombies. They maybe don't play correctly as zombies, but if they have nightgoggles - as survivors they seems to play nice.
I'm thinking what to do to let bots as zombies throw flesh. Actually that kind of behaviour should be randomly for bots. Normally bots support should be included into plugin code (like it is done in ATAC or CSDM), but it can be difficult for plugin coder to decide when the bot should attack as zombie (with flesh throw) - because that somehow belongs to bots AI. Since this plugin is somehow unique, I cannot just add a support for it into podbot mm code, so that function (like press both mouse buttons) could be useful also for other plugins. Anybody has any idea?
Mini_Midget
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2010 , 05:44   Re: Zombie Swarm 3.0 Beta 7c
Reply With Quote #1422

I don't have a dedicated server anymore so...
I do ALL my testings on a Windows XP listen server using the latest Podbot MM and Zombie Swarm works quite well on either teams.
The only downside when the bots are zombies is that they don't have any idea how to use the 'special' features such as flesh throw or leap.
It would be nice if they could though but I too am unsure if other plugins require the players to press both mouse buttons.

On a side note about the plugin itself...
Haven't put much work into it lately but I'm pretty sure I've got the zombie claws model as survivors fixed this time for sures.
I've been thinking about removing the multi-damage hitzones as there is already a 3rd party plugin that already has this feature. (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=945567)
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 06-14-2010 , 07:16   Re: Zombie Swarm 3.0 Beta 7c
Reply With Quote #1423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini_Midget View Post
I don't have a dedicated server anymore so...
I do ALL my testings on a Windows XP listen server using the latest Podbot MM and Zombie Swarm works quite well on either teams.
What do You mean by "latest podbot mm"? The latest oficial version has been released about 1 week ago. It was also about that time the last beta build was released those days. I was also testing it on a listen server to see how they behave.

I think for those extra features like flesh throw sombody could even write a separate plugin for Your mod. It should check lets say every 2 seconds if there are bots as zombies on the server, than - if some of those bots would like to use flesh feature (random number 0-100 - if above 95 - then yes - bot wants to use flesh feature, then - if he can see the enemy (the closest enemy is in the field of view, he is in a good distance to throw flesh (i.e. 200-800), then - if the traceline from bots v.view offset can hit the enemy - that definitely confirms the enemy can be seen. If all those conditions are true - then the client command to throw flesh should be called for that bot. That should work, I think.
Mini_Midget
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2010 , 07:31   Re: Zombie Swarm 3.0 Beta 7c
Reply With Quote #1424

Oh woops... Guess I'm a bit behind in the updates of podbot mm. I'm currently using v3.0B20e. I'll update myself after this post of course. ;)

Mmm... If I have some spare time... I'll try and attempt that in a separate plugin.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:52
BloodMan
This message has been deleted by BloodMan.
BloodMan
Old 06-27-2010 , 05:38   Re: Zombie Swarm 3.0 Beta 7c
Reply With Quote #1425

You should make that when you press R (reload) it makes a sound, maybe hunter leap sound.
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2010 , 10:30   Re: Zombie Swarm 3.0 Beta 7c
Reply With Quote #1426

Update 3.0 Beta 7d

Code:
- Replaced the hitzone damage manipulator with 'Damage Absorption' (Credits to Bugsy for helping me out with this!)
     * Added new cvar "zswarm_dmg_hp_percent"
     * Added new cvar "zswarm_dmg_ap_percent"
- Fixed some errors regarding giving back what weapons you had before being switched to as a Zombie
- Fixed the problem sometimes CT's don't spawn with a pistol after being switched over from a Zombie
- Removes Zombie corpses instantly 
- Changed some default CVARS
Old 07-01-2010 , 15:33   Re: Zombie Swarm 3.0 Beta 7c
Reply With Quote #1427

Great you are still working on this. Keep on the good work.
Send a message via Skype™ to BeasT
BloodMan
Old 07-02-2010 , 12:52   Re: Zombie Swarm 3.0 Beta 7d
Reply With Quote #1428

Good job! Are you going to add leap sound?

Last edited by BloodMan; 07-02-2010 at 12:54.
Send a message via Skype™ to BloodMan
wickedd
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2010 , 15:40   Re: Zombie Swarm 3.0 Beta 7d
Reply With Quote #1429

I have one problem...When the round timelimit is reach the round doesn't end. I had to slay people who was abusing this by not killing their friends.
BeasT
Old 07-02-2010 , 17:55   Re: Zombie Swarm 3.0 Beta 7d
Reply With Quote #1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedd View Post
I have one problem...When the round timelimit is reach the round doesn't end. I had to slay people who was abusing this by not killing their friends.
Install this plugin. Keep in mind that ct's will allways win when round time reaches zero. This plugin creates fake bomb plant outside of the map. This way may look silly but it works perfect if you need to force ct's to win.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (zs_forcerounend.sma - 490 views - 1.2 KB)
Send a message via Skype™ to BeasT