Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 06-22-2012 , 07:58   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

EDITED BILL IS OK!

Last edited by BBG_Theory; 06-22-2012 at 19:49.
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 06-22-2012 , 09:02   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diviara27 View Post
Is there a way to adding color to boss's name? Like When Seeman is called, the text is red.

EDIT:

Is there a way to play arena mode on ctf,pl maps?
I think you would have to decompile the maps and make them into arena maps. This can be a bit tricky if the map was compiled with custom textures that you don’t have locally. You have to remove the entities that define and control the capture points for example. A great site for map making assistance is tf2maps.net. It is a good practice to contact the map maker and at least ask permission to modify the map. Who knows, the author might be willing to modify it for you.
war100ck
Old 06-22-2012 , 09:11   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
Yes this is true, however the model is still missing a texture on his face as seen in hammer's model viewer

[IMG]***[/IMG]
In the Model Viewer shows that there is no texture, but on the server model displays all the textures

Last edited by war100ck; 06-22-2012 at 10:41.
Darthmule
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-22-2012 , 10:29   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by war100ck View Post
In the Model Viewer shows that there is no texture, but on the server model displays all the textures
Ehm, if the Model Viewer gives off a purple-black error you know it will also do that on game environment, Team Fortress 2 in this case.

skin (used in the SDK screenshot) = red
skin2 (used in the TF2 screenshot) = blue.

Last edited by Darthmule; 06-22-2012 at 10:59.
nope.avi
Old 06-22-2012 , 10:34   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by war100ck View Post
Everyone, i am here to explain the head of Bill and Hvywepspy
Bosses spawn on blue team. My bosses (call them X for now) have only blue team textures, not X_head_red, just X_head_blue, so in sdk, view skin2 instead. That is the blue texture for X. I didnt include red because it is unecessary use.
If this ISN'T the reason, then i will just eat this potato

PS: Anyone know what that logo is? I seriously need to know. He is from marvel comics i think.
Darthmule
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-22-2012 , 10:40   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nope.avi View Post
Bosses spawn on blue team. My bosses (call them X for now) have only blue team textures, not X_head_red, just X_head_blue, so in sdk, view skin2 instead. That is the blue texture for X. I didnt include red because it is unecessary use.

PS: Anyone know what that logo is? I seriously need to know. He is from marvel comics i think.
Sorry to say but that is a somewhat bad choice seeing as people still complain about the missing head textures, so it actually is necessary and you will eat that potato.

EDIT:
Hey Powerlord, could you add this onto your release in any way?

It's an MP3 conversion of all sounds provided for the Default Freaks, they have been converted to 64kbps .MP3's and are ~30% of their original size, which is great for server admins/new players.

Includes BZ2's/edited Freaks.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/downl...5edb30d6c9bcf3

Last edited by Darthmule; 06-22-2012 at 11:05.
AeroAcrobat
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-22-2012 , 12:46   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
So, Otokiru let me know I apparently built 1.06b based on an older version of his fix, so here's

Freak Fortress 2 1.06c

Also, this version includes actual patch notes that players can view in game (le gasp!). It also includes one final tweak to where the boss health display code is loaded.
is it possible to lower the opacity of the boss HP ?
its blocking lot of screen :S
Old 06-22-2012 , 13:30   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroAcrobat View Post
is it possible to lower the opacity of the boss HP ?
its blocking lot of screen :S
Unfortunately, no, it's a client-side VGUI file.

Unless someone has a client-side update to said file like they did for the TF2 vote screen.

Having said that, ff2_health_bar 0 will stop the health bar from displaying to any player.

Side note: FF2 isn't involved in the actual display of the health bar, it's just updating the monster_resource entity on the server, and the client sees the health value has changed and changes the health bar. This entity is literally always present (as entity 32 on my 24-player test server; the code searches for it by classname to find the correct entity). The health bar is visible if the health percent is between 1 and 255 (inclusive). Which makes me think Valve developers forget that percents are based on 100, not the value of a byte...

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-22-2012 at 14:50.
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 06-22-2012 , 15:30   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nope.avi View Post

hvywepspy did not have the head texture ingame. I did not even try the bill ingame when I saw it was missing the texture in the viewer. I will try it ingame sometime when my server is empty, but I am going to guess it will be missing in game as well.. but this has not been confirmed yet.

edited!!! BILL IS OK!!!!

Last edited by BBG_Theory; 06-22-2012 at 19:48.
AeroAcrobat
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-22-2012 , 15:56   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Unfortunately, no, it's a client-side VGUI file.

Unless someone has a client-side update to said file like they did for the TF2 vote screen.

Having said that, ff2_health_bar 0 will stop the health bar from displaying to any player.
thanks!
it is a great idea with the boss HP and I like it but its just too distracting :/
command works fine and no problems so far