Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[ANY] AFK Manager (Version 4.3.0 / Updated July 2nd 2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 02-28-2014 , 01:41   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.2 / Updated July 13th 2013)
Reply With Quote #1391

insurgency!? no no no, give counterstrike a little lovin first ;]
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 02-28-2014 , 16:25   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.2 / Updated July 13th 2013)
Reply With Quote #1392

I tested CS:GO with hamilton5 and he was nice enough to gift me copy of CS:GO

In relation to testing the weapon disappearing was extremely sporadic but looked to be related to when someone was moved to AFK.

With the brief initial testing though we were unable to replicate consistently the circumstances. That said we were trying this with bots and so it was harder to identify if the weapon issue was happening to a bot for instance.

Hamilton5 was also telling me that in CS:GO you can take-over bots?

Speculation:

I am wondering if any of this is modifying player tables/client-id's somewhere and maybe I need to update something.

I also note people were saying random players were getting moved to spectator? Since each client ID gets a separate timer I wonder if the bot take-over is modifying the player ID's and they end up with a different timer maybe?

In any case I need to get some more people to test and the best help right now would be to see if we can reproduce this issue consistently.

What I have suggested is if we can get a group of friends playing CS:GO on a server and then get the AFK Manager to move someone to spectator, does it remove the weapon for everyone or just a single random player? If someone can try and test this would be a good first step.

Additionally if people have CS:GO and want to test you can pm me some details and I can try and test with some more people.

Last edited by Rothgar; 02-28-2014 at 16:26.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 02-28-2014 , 18:46   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.2 / Updated July 13th 2013)
Reply With Quote #1393

I found last night the viewmodels disappearing randomly on servers not even running this plugin. That is most likely a client bug, which would explain why that part has only been happing recently.

Quote:
Hamilton5 was also telling me that in CS:GO you can take-over bots?
lol why do you ? .. yes this is new for csgo.

Last edited by hamilton5; 02-28-2014 at 18:48.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 02-28-2014 , 19:25   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.2 / Updated July 13th 2013)
Reply With Quote #1394

Also for anyone having weird CS:GO Issues including the random spectator issue can you please ensure you are running the latest "Snapshot" build of either 1.5 or 1.6

I was getting errors in 1.5.2 Stable relating to entity properties which would be breaking the plugin.

This looks to have been resolved in recent snapshots but I am unsure at which snapshot this was fixed.

If you do not have access to see the server console and are having weird issues can you please update and then tell me if the problems persist.

Last edited by Rothgar; 02-28-2014 at 19:33.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 03-03-2014 , 04:28   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.2 / Updated July 13th 2013)
Reply With Quote #1395

To people who were talking about the spectator mode resetting the AFK Timers can you tell me what mod you were running?

On my initial tests I cannot find a way to get to the Spectator mode which alternates your camera every few seconds to a different point on the map, tested with CS:GO and TF2, maybe this was a feature of older engines.

So I need to identify if I need to look at older engine mods or whether this might be some different issue...
DoomHammer69
Old 03-03-2014 , 19:32   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.2 / Updated July 13th 2013)
Reply With Quote #1396

I´m running on windows
MetaMod:Source v1.10.1-devV, SourceMod v1.5.3-dev+3983
Cs:Go

So the problem with the weapons its for all servers? is not the plugin? Ok.
And what about the problem to choose a team after the player was moved to spec?
they cant select 1 team after the end round, is there anyway that auto-move doesn´t count?
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-03-2014 , 20:07   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.2 / Updated July 13th 2013)
Reply With Quote #1397

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomHammer69 View Post
I´m running on windows
MetaMod:Source v1.10.1-devV, SourceMod v1.5.3-dev+3983
Cs:Go

So the problem with the weapons its for all servers? is not the plugin? Ok.
And what about the problem to choose a team after the player was moved to spec?
they cant select 1 team after the end round, is there anyway that auto-move doesn´t count?
No, but you can use http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1877187 to fix that issue.
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2014 , 08:55   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.2 / Updated July 13th 2013)
Reply With Quote #1398

For counterstrike you want sm_afk_move_warn_unassigned to be 0 so it only checks players that are in game and on a team? I wonder if this cvar has something todo with players being put afk when first connecting? I am testing with 0 for a while. Am curious why you would set to 1 in counterstrike at all..

side note
I had a guy last night just connecting - not sure if actually afk - was moved to spec after 30 seconds after the connect announce, then a little over 5 minutes after that was kicked.. sm_afk_kick_time is only 180

Last edited by hamilton5; 03-04-2014 at 09:00.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 03-06-2014 , 06:48   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.2 / Updated July 13th 2013)
Reply With Quote #1399

Also for people that are having weapons disappear sporadically is anyone running SMAC (Source-Mod Anti-Cheat)?

I found this thread:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=228236
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 03-06-2014 , 07:04   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.2 / Updated July 13th 2013)
Reply With Quote #1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton5 View Post
side note
I had a guy last night just connecting - not sure if actually afk - was moved to spec after 30 seconds after the connect announce, then a little over 5 minutes after that was kicked.. sm_afk_kick_time is only 180
I am wondering if this is due to AFK players not being AFK long enough for a round to end and so when the round starts they are spectating a different player maybe?

I notice that when a player first connects their ObserverMode is 6 which I believe is Free-look, then when they are moved to spectator team it becomes 5 which I think is Chase-cam.

So if they are chasing a player, round ends, new round starts and their target gets changed, I do a check to see if the last target is still alive and if they are then the spectator I assume must have manually changed targets.

Maybe I need to make a pause or AFK return positive between round_end and round_start and try to update the target after a round_start event or something.

Can someone maybe do a bit of testing around this mentality and see if this might be correct?