Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)

Post New Thread Reply   

Gippo
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-19-2011 , 05:35   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.6.3 (Updated 2011-06-22)
Reply With Quote #131

does this also work with rtv. I want the 1 and 2 to be disabled.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-19-2011 , 06:50   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.6.3 (Updated 2011-06-22)
Reply With Quote #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gippo View Post
does this also work with rtv. I want the 1 and 2 to be disabled.
Yes. The rockthevote plugin only adds the rtv command, MapChooser (or in this case, MapChooser Extended) does the actual vote for it.
Old 08-27-2011 , 20:31   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.6.3 (Updated 2011-06-22)
Reply With Quote #133

When the vote comes, the map is mixing with map servers.
I alredy opened a post here http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...=165791&page=2 and they sad me to come here...

If sombody could help...Thank's =)
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-28-2011 , 13:29   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.6.3 (Updated 2011-06-22)
Reply With Quote #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilan274 View Post
When the vote comes, the map is mixing with map servers.
I alredy opened a post here http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...=165791&page=2 and they sad me to come here...

If sombody could help...Thank's =)
Mapchooser Extended should only be using the list of maps in the mapchooser section (in this case, mapcycle.txt), unless nominations is loaded and the nominations section was set to something other than mapcycle.txt and someone nominated another map. In fact, the code to choose maps for the vote is taken directly from the SourceMod MapChooser:
lines 178-189 in mapchooser.sp to lines 252-263 in mapchooser_extended.sp
lines 837-877 in mapchooser.sp to lines 1120-1170 in mapchooser_extended.sp

So, if you're having an issue with it choosing random maps, switching to mapchooser instead will likely result in the same problem.

Having said that... have you checked the permissions on mapcycle.txt to make sure the server can read it?

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-28-2011 at 13:35.
XxSpawn
Old 08-31-2011 , 02:43   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.6.3 (Updated 2011-06-22)
Reply With Quote #135

I have a quick question that should be easily answerable. When the mapvote comes up, it there a way to remove the (custom) that shows up next to the maps? Cause there is (custom) showing up next to what are now official valve maps.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-31-2011 , 10:34   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.6.3 (Updated 2011-06-22)
Reply With Quote #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSpawn View Post
I have a quick question that should be easily answerable. When the mapvote comes up, it there a way to remove the (custom) that shows up next to the maps? Cause there is (custom) showing up next to what are now official valve maps.
There's likely going to be a cvar in the next version to disable it. In the meantime, you can replace the plugin's translation file with this one: Attachment 88767.

What concerns me more is that there is a Valve game that supports this plugin and doesn't have a map list. Which game is this? The zip file in the first post contains up to date official map lists for Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Day of Defeat: Source, Counter-Strike: Source, and Team Fortress 2.

Having said that, if it's a game other than one of these four, you can create a file that has all of the game's official maps in it, name it with the game's folder name (such as cstrike.txt for Counter-Strike: Source because it's in orangebox/cstrike/) and put it in addons/sourcemod/configs/mapchooser_extended/maps/ to make it only show (Custom) on maps that really are custom maps.

And if you were really nice, upload it here so I can add it to the plugin's main zip.

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-31-2011 at 10:40.
BaconCat
Old 09-01-2011 , 13:46   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.6.3 (Updated 2011-06-22)
Reply With Quote #137

Hey guys. Love this addon, but I have a few questions.

I have it setup to correctly cause a mapvote when there is only 2 mins left, but I get a choice of 5 maps and no extend option. Have I set something wrong or simply forgotten to set something?

And is there a way to "skin" it as it were so it looks like Valves Voting interface?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-01-2011 , 13:50   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.6.3 (Updated 2011-06-22)
Reply With Quote #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconCat View Post
Hey guys. Love this addon, but I have a few questions.

I have it setup to correctly cause a mapvote when there is only 2 mins left, but I get a choice of 5 maps and no extend option. Have I set something wrong or simply forgotten to set something?
sm_mapvote_extend needs to be set to 1 or greater. Essentially, it's the number of times you're allowing the map to be extended, defaulting to 0.

Quote:
And is there a way to "skin" it as it were so it looks like Valves Voting interface?
Not at the present moment. One of my other projects is a SourceMod API to the L4D/L4D2/TF2 voting interface, but I've been kinda busy and haven't had a lot of time to work on it.

Also, the Valve voting interface won't work in games that don't have explicit client-side support for it, like CS:S. I was rather hoping the work Valve was putting it to porting features from TF2 to CS:S would eventually extend to voting, but it hasn't yet.
Old 09-01-2011 , 14:05   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.6.3 (Updated 2011-06-22)
Reply With Quote #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
sm_mapvote_extend needs to be set to 1 or greater. Essentially, it's the number of times you're allowing the map to be extended, defaulting to 0.
Ya see, that is what I thought. I have it set to sm_mapvote_extend 3 and sm_extendmap_timestep 15 in my server.cfg, but I still get nooption to extend.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-01-2011 , 14:11   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.6.3 (Updated 2011-06-22)
Reply With Quote #140

Quote:
Ya see, that is what I thought. I have it set to sm_mapvote_extend 3 and sm_extendmap_timestep 15 in my server.cfg, but I still get nooption to extend.
Hmm, strange.

Can you post your entire mapchooser_extended.cfg?