[TF2] MatchMod

Post New Thread Reply   

Hawkeye-
Old 03-22-2010 , 02:20   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameless View Post
What I mean is...

In our server.cfg we have the cvar hostname set to "<<<<<<<<<<-P-U-L-P- -V-I-P->>>>>>>>>>"

In our plugin.matchmod.cfg file we have these cvars with these values:

matchmod_hostnamepfx "<<<PULP>>>"
matchmod_hostnamesfx "6v6 Gaming"

What is happening is seemingly randomly it is overriding our hostname value from our server.cfg and replacing it with "<<<PULP>>> 6v6 Gaming" even though matchmod was not started. Even if I manually change the hostname again using rcon it changes it back after a period of time.

If you need to join our server to see it occur or to better understand what I mean just let me know.
This is a scenario that the plugin does not account for, the mentality was the pfx and sfx values would be the default server name. I'll look at the code and see what can be done..
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 03-22-2010 , 07:04   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #132

Thanks. If it helps at all the previous versions of matchmod allowed us to do it this way.
Hawkeye-
Old 03-22-2010 , 09:02   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #133

Okay,

Since I moved those cvars to a auto config file scenario, this file is executed every time the map is changed, which is triggering the renaming. There was a bug-fix from when they were still int he 'shortcut' CVARs that said when they changed, fire the server name routine. I will verify if the previous bug-fix is still relevant and potentially remove it.
Hawkeye-
Old 03-24-2010 , 15:42   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #134

Alright, for the next release I am adding a few things of interests..

The menu should be there for the core functions of matchmod.
I am adding a "Prematch" and "postmatch" cfg execution. Prematch will execute during the start of the countdown before a match goes live. then post will occur when the match sequence ends. This is so server admins can remove plugins and such and clean up the match environment, while keeping pregame and such with a lot of fun things. (SOAP TF2DM for example)

I am also looking at the custom.cfg for each league set, I may int he next release have some things commented out by default (the SourceTV Name, Passwords and ports) so you shouldn't even need to open the files up for editing hopefully. CEVO settings will be updated to match the latest release once the season starts (about 2 weeks)

If you have requests for feature editions, please let me know while I am getting everything together.
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 03-24-2010 , 15:59   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye- View Post
I am adding a "Prematch" and "postmatch" cfg execution. Prematch will execute during the start of the countdown before a match goes live.
I am seriously looking forward to this! Thanks for doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye- View Post
If you have requests for feature editions, please let me know while I am getting everything together.
This feature request is kind of a big one. Since you have the logs already being made during a match, what about creating a webinterface for the plugin that publishes the results of matches to a website?

Also I noticed during a CTF match the whole 20 minutes showed teams are tied in the servername. Can you make it so it shows the number of flag caps?
Hawkeye-
Old 03-24-2010 , 17:40   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #136

I have always been using the old TF2 Log Parser to interpret the logs, the easiest method is publish them is a cron job that hits the directory and dumps them to the parser. (This is how Cinq has it setup for the #tf2.pug.na scrim channel)

The issue I have with having plugins upload/download things in the past, it can cause the server to lock up a bit if your dumping large amounts of data and so forth. Its been quite a while since I tried this, but I will take a quick look.

It should be updating the score ont he fly, I'll take a quick look and see what is going on.
Hawkeye-
Old 03-26-2010 , 13:30   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #137

Alright, basic menu is in to start/stop the mod, working to make sure is pays attention to the defined adminflag in the CVAR

Fixed the CTF bug in the hostname feature.

The external config files are working fine, I have my test server running SOAP TF2DM normally then fires matches fine.

I have a few of the admins that run this mod on my friends list, I'll start pinging a few of you to see if there are any issues you guys are having or new features. If I am not on your friends list just add me real quick: darkjedihawkeye and send me your thoughts

Last edited by Hawkeye-; 03-26-2010 at 13:35.
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2010 , 13:56   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #138

Source tv question...

We never turn off source tv. We leave it running on the server all the time. What we do change is the recording. We use matchmod to enable it during the matches. It works for all of our maps but the first one in our sequence, cp_badlands. For some reason it doesn't record it. Anyone have any idea why?
Hawkeye-
Old 03-28-2010 , 15:41   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameless View Post
Source tv question...

We never turn off source tv. We leave it running on the server all the time. What we do change is the recording. We use matchmod to enable it during the matches. It works for all of our maps but the first one in our sequence, cp_badlands. For some reason it doesn't record it. Anyone have any idea why?
I have no idea, never had an issue with it recording if SourceTV was active (tv_enabled is set to 1). When you guys start a PuG cycle, message me so I can hop in and take a look at what is occurring.
Hawkeye-
Old 03-28-2010 , 15:44   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #140

Okay, one last configuration file restructure, this one is not as severe..

The league configuration custom.cfg will have most things commented out by default from now on, the goal here is for you to not have any need to modify then at all and the entire mode will fall in sync with your existing configs with the only real changes to be made exist in the cfg/sourcemod/plugin.matchmod.cfg file.

The matchmod/idle.cfg and matchmod/custom.cfg can be used as a server.cfg example that configures everything you would need for a Competitive style server.