Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Killer info display 1.4.1 (health, weapon, distance, works for all games)

Post New Thread Reply   

jeezz
Old 04-04-2012 , 13:28   Re: Killer info display 1.3.1 (health, weapon, distance, works for all games)
Reply With Quote #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodil View Post
Yea, you kinda mistake the command for a cvar, sm_killerinfo is a command each user on the server can set for himself to enable/disable the info message, what you want to do instead is "kid_defaultpref 1" (which means that the info message is enabled by default for everyone)

Why it's not creating the .cfg file, I dont know though
yes thats strange...no cfg. file.
i add the line "kid_defaultpref 1" into my .cfg. file still no good result...
Maybe there is something wrong with the plugin? Cos it didnt create a cfg file...
So far as i know, i installed it on the right way: SMX into Plugins folder
Cut the Scripting folder and overwrite it on the existing Scripting folder
Cut the translations folder and overwrite it on the existing translations folder...
Doodil
Old 04-04-2012 , 13:36   Re: Killer info display 1.3.1 (health, weapon, distance, works for all games)
Reply With Quote #132

I tried it on my listen-server right now and it worked without any problems... do you get any error messages in the server console? Do you get a chatmessage when you type "!killerinfo" into the chat?
jeezz
Old 04-04-2012 , 13:53   Re: Killer info display 1.3.1 (health, weapon, distance, works for all games)
Reply With Quote #133

Quote:
I tried it on my listen-server right now and it worked without any problems... do you get any error messages in the server console? Do you get a chatmessage when you type "!killerinfo" into the chat?
this is the eroor it shows in the server console:

04/04/2012 - 19:50:50: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
L 04/04/2012 - 19:50:50: [SM] Native "ThrowError" reported: Invalid client index 0
L 04/04/2012 - 19:50:50: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "killer_info_display.smx":
L 04/04/2012 - 19:50:50: [SM] [0] Line 56, F:\ALL\orangebox\cstrike\addons\sourcemod\scr ipting\include\colors.inc::CPrintToChat()
L 04/04/2012 - 19:50:50: [SM] [1] Line 161, killer_info_display.sp::Command_KillerInfo()
Doodil
Old 04-04-2012 , 13:56   Re: Killer info display 1.3.1 (health, weapon, distance, works for all games)
Reply With Quote #134

pretty much means you still have somewhere in one of your config files the line "sm_killerinfo", kill that line out of all config files and try again, do you get a message when you write "!killerinfo" in chat?
jeezz
Old 04-04-2012 , 14:10   Re: Killer info display 1.3.1 (health, weapon, distance, works for all games)
Reply With Quote #135

Quote:
pretty much means you still have somewhere in one of your config files the line "sm_killerinfo", kill that line out of all config files and try again, do you get a message when you write "!killerinfo" in chat?
yes ur was right, in my cfg. file was still the command "sm_killerinfo" i took it away but it doesnt do anything...
when i type "!killerinfo" in chat it also doing nothing...
grrrr...
starting more and more curious about what is going on
btw: did i installed it on the right way?
SMX into Plugins folder
Cut the Scripting folder and overwrite it on the existing Scripting folder
Cut the translations folder and overwrite it on the existing translations folder
And could it be a prove that something goes wrong by the installation cos it doesnt create a cfg. file.?
do i need to compile the plugin before i install it?
i know im a bit stupid about this cos like i said i need to learn a lot...
About compile i dont know anything or how to do it....
i really appreciate ur help....

Last edited by jeezz; 04-04-2012 at 14:15.
Doodil
Old 04-04-2012 , 14:19   Re: Killer info display 1.3.1 (health, weapon, distance, works for all games)
Reply With Quote #136

Well, since you already got a error message that means that you installed the plugin and it loads, so that's good.

Are you looking at the right spot? The .cfg should be under "cstrike\cfg\sourcemod" and not "cstrike\addons\sourcemod\configs" (assuming listenserver here, not sure how that looks on dedicated servers)

Do you get any new errors now? If it still doesn't work try this .smx, it's the same sourcecode like the original, I just removed the "create config"-part

And no, you don't need to compile it, only .sp files need to be compiled, .smx is already the compiled format
Attached Files
File Type: smx killer_info_display.smx (17.3 KB, 116 views)
berni
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 04-04-2012 , 14:56   Re: Killer info display 1.3.1 (health, weapon, distance, works for all games)
Reply With Quote #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezz View Post
this is the eroor it shows in the server console:

04/04/2012 - 19:50:50: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
L 04/04/2012 - 19:50:50: [SM] Native "ThrowError" reported: Invalid client index 0
L 04/04/2012 - 19:50:50: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "killer_info_display.smx":
L 04/04/2012 - 19:50:50: [SM] [0] Line 56, F:\ALL\orangebox\cstrike\addons\sourcemod\scr ipting\include\colors.inc::CPrintToChat()
L 04/04/2012 - 19:50:50: [SM] [1] Line 161, killer_info_display.sp::Command_KillerInfo()
looks like you aren't using the official version, can't help you with that error.

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"