Post New Thread Reply   

deedeedee
Old 10-03-2020 , 12:33   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Grenade Throwing Bots
Reply With Quote #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
This version works fine for me:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=123

My bots throw grenades whenever there are hordes or Tanks nearby.
I'm requiring a version for Left 4 Dead 1, not Left 4 Dead 2.
deedeedee
Old 10-04-2020 , 12:20  
Reply With Quote #132

If possible, may someone find me a working version/better version of this for Left 4 Dead 1? Mainly want a version when they actually throw pipebombs when hordes start/car alarms, etc. Thanks!
ZzZombo
Old 10-04-2020 , 22:05   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Grenade Throwing Bots
Reply With Quote #133

Using the fixed version of this plugin on my solo listen Windows server, I don't see bots using grenades whatsoever, presumably because I do use Gear Transfer. But if I disable it, then how am I supposed to make them get them in the first place? Sounds kinda stupid that it's done this way.
deedeedee
Old 10-05-2020 , 09:28   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Grenade Throwing Bots
Reply With Quote #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzZombo View Post
Using the fixed version of this plugin on my solo listen Windows server, I don't see bots using grenades whatsoever, presumably because I do use Gear Transfer. But if I disable it, then how am I supposed to make them get them in the first place? Sounds kinda stupid that it's done this way.
It's weird, really. I only ever see bots use grenades on Tanks. The bug list is obviously not true when using the original version, since bots still in both L4D1 and L4D2 get stuck in the throw position. They only ever throw at Tanks, which is disappointing, really. I wish both versions worked much better. It's been a long time since the last actual release too, so I'm not sure if we'd ever get fixes for both games. It feels like L4D1 does deserve more fixes, though.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 10-06-2020 , 12:59   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Grenade Throwing Bots
Reply With Quote #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeedee View Post
If possible, may someone find me a working version/better version of this for Left 4 Dead 1? Mainly want a version when they actually throw pipebombs when hordes start/car alarms, etc. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzZombo View Post
Changes

1. Bots can now throw pipe bombs and bile bombs during horde/panic events (not sure why this was disabled in the first place).
2. Bots can now throw molotovs when a mob spawns (slightly different from horde/panic events).
3. The L4D2 version is a fork of Silvers' version (fixes invalid handle errors): https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=123

Both work just fine with Gear Transfer and Left 4 DHooks. I'm running both versions on my servers (1 for L4D1 and 1 for L4D2) and bots are throwing grenades when common infected show up.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (grenade_throwing_bots-l4d.sp - 94 views - 15.0 KB)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (grenade_throwing_bots-l4d2.sp - 104 views - 15.6 KB)

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 10-07-2020 at 20:42.
deedeedee
Old 10-06-2020 , 16:18   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Grenade Throwing Bots
Reply With Quote #136

Quote:
Changes

1. Bots can now throw pipe bombs and bile bombs during horde/panic events (not sure why this was disabled in the first place).
2. Bots can now throw molotovs when a mob spawns (slightly different from horde/panic events).
3. The L4D2 version is a fork of Silvers' version (fixes invalid handle errors): https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=123

Both work just fine with Gear Transfer and Left 4 DHooks. I'm running both versions on my servers (1 for L4D1 and 1 for L4D2) and bots are throwing grenades when common infected show up.
Only difference I've noticed with this one is now my bots throw pipebombs and molotovs at Tanks. My bots still stay still with a pipebomb out when a horde starts, then put it away after three to five seconds. I have both Gear Transfer and Left 4 DHooks on. This is on Left 4 Dead 1.

Last edited by deedeedee; 10-06-2020 at 16:31.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 10-06-2020 , 17:01   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Grenade Throwing Bots
Reply With Quote #137

Quote:
Only difference I've noticed with this one is now my bots throw pipebombs and molotovs at Tanks. My bots still stay still with a pipebomb out when a horde starts, then put it away after three to five seconds. I have both Gear Transfer and Left 4 DHooks on. This is on Left 4 Dead 1.
Try this version. Bots shouldn't throw pipe bombs at Tanks anymore. If they still don't throw pipe bombs during a panic event, I don't know what else to do. It works for me, but the code is so badly written that I don't know what to make of it.

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 10-06-2020 at 23:29. Reason: removed attachment
deedeedee
Old 10-06-2020 , 22:12   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Grenade Throwing Bots
Reply With Quote #138

Quote:
Try this version. Bots shouldn't throw pipe bombs at Tanks anymore. If they still don't throw pipe bombs during a panic event, I don't know what else to do. It works for me, but the code is so badly written that I don't know what to make of it.
Yeah, I feel like someone should just port the L4D2 Grenade Throwing Bot code into L4D1. That one works MUCH better and bots actually throw grenades, etc, while in L4D1, its only Tanks. Also with this plugin, they didn't throw them at Tanks at all, reverted back to the one with both grenades being thrown as of now.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 10-06-2020 , 22:14   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Grenade Throwing Bots
Reply With Quote #139

Quote:
Yeah, I feel like someone should just port the L4D2 Grenade Throwing Bot code into L4D1. That one works MUCH better and bots actually throw grenades, etc, while in L4D1, its only Tanks. Also with this plugin, they didn't throw them at Tanks at all, reverted back to the one with both grenades being thrown as of now.
Huh, weird. Bots have been throwing grenades just fine on my servers.

Well, it was worth a shot.
Old 10-06-2020 , 22:39   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Grenade Throwing Bots
Reply With Quote #140

Quote:
Huh, weird. Bots have been throwing grenades just fine on my servers.

Well, it was worth a shot.
Indeed it was. It's quite sad how cravenge hasn't thought of trying to get the L4D2 code's one into L4D1. It does feel like it works much better.