[L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121

Post New Thread Reply   

disawar1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-28-2011 , 15:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1371

On the web site I noticed this error
HTML Code:
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in...
And RUSSIAN letters do not display properly

NOW! I fixed some code to the new version of php 5.3 or more and added Support RU symbol
enjoy

Attached Files
File Type: zip l4d_stats.zip (359.5 KB, 273 views)

Last edited by disawar1; 12-20-2011 at 19:51. Reason: screenshot
EEdover
Old 08-28-2011 , 19:26   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1372

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
Yeah I know, searching for an answer to this kind of question can get difficult if the knowledge on firewalls and MySQL database is basic at best (which I would set my own knowledge level on.)

My knowledge on unix/linux world is very limited, so I cannot help you on those issues. I would forward you to search google, but since you are a drag&drop kind of a guy like myself (=microsoft os), I can only forward you to ask help from people that know the system better than us.

The main thing is, that you need to be able to contact from your game server to your database server. There are two main issues that you are likely to face while getting things going:
  1. Firewall protecting your database might not allow connections to your DB server port.
  2. MySQL login is not configured to allow connections from game server IP.
Both are equal on the likeness of happening. First one is tougher to overcome, because the firewall is usually a service that is not likely to change for any simple customer crying for help. If you own the firewall or are an admin, then it's easy. Second one can usually be fixed. You will need to check the game server IP your DB sees and set the user remote access filter to allow the connections from that IP. Keep in mind that the IP can be different to the IP you use to connect from your desktop to your game server.

I hope this makes sense? I don't know how else I can help you at this point.
Hi again,

Thank You Muukis for providing support for this plugin.
I hope that following makes your job easier in future, and You can refer to this post.
For starters I was abele to get the plugin running.
Now some tips for future.

1. ALWAYS check your configs
Even if your game server and web server provider is same. There could be 3 servers involved in process 1) webserver, 2)MySql server, 3) gameserver.
Most important is to find out if webserver and MySql servers are different from game server.
At my case there was OK to use host value "localhost" in config.php file but in databases.cfg "localhost" does not work 99% occasions.
So databases.cfg file must contain MySql server address(NOT WEBSERVER address)they can be, and most likely are different from webserver address.

2. If you can get Your MySql database connected to webserver and not to gameserver then first check your configs at databases.cfg.
If You are convinced that configs are correct check your MySql database tables.
Check that there wasnīt some strange prefixes on your tables names.
Ex. utf8players etc... Tables should be without prefixes.

3. Make sure that Your MySql database allows external connections(from your gameserver)

4. Check, check, check and never give up. That plugin works. Itīs all about configs.

For me it took lot of hours to get it running. Lotīs of googleing, forums surfing, mindf-ing, service providers mindf-ing, drinking, smoking, pointing gun on my head etc...
Iīve done it so I am convinced that You can do it too.
disawar1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-29-2011 , 10:33   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1373

Hey guys can somebody give me instructions how to make Google maps
I have API key what next??
THX
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2011 , 01:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1374

Quote:
Originally Posted by disawar1 View Post
NOW! I fixed some code to the new version of php 5.3 or more and added Support RU symbol
enjoy
Thank you! I will check it and then incorporate your modifications to first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEdover View Post
Hi again,

Thank You Muukis for providing support for this plugin.
I hope that following makes your job easier in future, and You can refer to this post.
For starters I was abele to get the plugin running.
Now some tips for future.

1. ALWAYS check your configs
Even if your game server and web server provider is same. There could be 3 servers involved in process 1) webserver, 2)MySql server, 3) gameserver.
Most important is to find out if webserver and MySql servers are different from game server.
At my case there was OK to use host value "localhost" in config.php file but in databases.cfg "localhost" does not work 99% occasions.
So databases.cfg file must contain MySql server address(NOT WEBSERVER address)they can be, and most likely are different from webserver address.

2. If you can get Your MySql database connected to webserver and not to gameserver then first check your configs at databases.cfg.
If You are convinced that configs are correct check your MySql database tables.
Check that there wasnīt some strange prefixes on your tables names.
Ex. utf8players etc... Tables should be without prefixes.

3. Make sure that Your MySql database allows external connections(from your gameserver)

4. Check, check, check and never give up. That plugin works. Itīs all about configs.

For me it took lot of hours to get it running. Lotīs of googleing, forums surfing, mindf-ing, service providers mindf-ing, drinking, smoking, pointing gun on my head etc...
Iīve done it so I am convinced that You can do it too.
Your tips are valuable. You're not a complete drag & drop kind of a guy, are you? Depending the system configurations the install can be close to drag & drop. I'm glad you were persistent.

Quote:
Hey guys can somebody give me instructions how to make Google maps
I have API key what next??
THX
You need to add the key to your config.php:
PHP Code:
// Google Maps (index.php) API key (get yours from http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html)
$googlemaps_apikey "<INSERT KEY HERE>"
You will also need to have the locations database tables set. Read config.php regarding locations.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
disawar1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-01-2011 , 03:06   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1375

muukis
I did everything like you said.My config.php:

PHP Code:
// Show player flags next to their names based on their IP
// 0 to disable
// Installation instructions:
//   1. Download and extract http://www.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/GeoIPCountryCSV.zip to web stats root (same folder as updatetable.php)
//   2. Execute install.php (use a web browser) - BE PATIENT AND WAIT FOR THE EXECUTION TO FINISH!
//   3. Delete files GeoIPCountryCSV.zip and GeoIPCountryWhois.csv when installation is successful
$showplayerflags 1;

// Show player city name next to their flag and country name (player.php) based on their IP (has no effect when $showplayerflags = 0)
// 0 to disable
// Installation instructions:
//   1. Download latest GeoLiteCity_YYYYMMDD.zip from http://www.maxmind.com/app/geolitecity and extract the files to web stats root (same folder as updatetable.php)
//   2. Execute install.php (use a web browser) - BE PATIENT AND WAIT FOR THE EXECUTION TO FINISH!
//   3. Delete files GeoLiteCity_YYYYMMDD.zip, GeoLiteCity-Blocks.csv and GeoLiteCity-Location.csv when installation is successful
$showplayercity 1;

// Google Maps (index.php) API key (get yours from http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html)
$googlemaps_apikey "**************my API key**************"
I download and install thiss base GeoLiteCity-Blocks.csv, GeoLiteCity-Location.csv, GeoIPCountryWhois.csv. Now I see them:

But I do not see the flags of countries and Google maps

Please help me! I beg you, what am I doing wrong?
THX
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 09-01-2011 , 05:36   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1376

Check THIS.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
disawar1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-01-2011 , 11:53   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1377

mysql> select count(*) from ip2country_blocks;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
| 3665129 |
+----------+
1 row in set

mysql> select count(*) from ip2country_locations;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
| 313818 |
+----------+
1 row in set

Yes, these bases full. What's next?)

Last edited by disawar1; 09-02-2011 at 03:06.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 09-02-2011 , 08:28   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1378

Quote:
mysql> select count(*) from ip2country_blocks;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
| 3665129 |
+----------+
1 row in set

mysql> select count(*) from ip2country_locations;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
| 313818 |
+----------+
1 row in set

Yes, these bases full. What's next?)
That looks just about right. I'll post a query later, what you can use to check if that finds your location on your IP 188.16.72.42.

muukis
Veteran Member
Old 09-02-2011 , 10:58   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1379

Try running this query:
Code:
SELECT country_code,country_name FROM ip2country WHERE INET_ATON('188.16.72.42') BETWEEN begin_ip_num AND end_ip_num;
It should return you something. At least it does for me.
Then you should be able to run this query:
Code:
SELECT l.loc_region,l.loc_city,l.latitude,l.longitude FROM ip2country_blocks AS b, ip2country_locations AS l WHERE b.loc_id = l.loc_id AND l.country_code = 'RU' AND INET_ATON('188.16.72.42') BETWEEN b.begin_ip_num AND b.end_ip_num;
Note that 'RU' is the value that you get from the first query.

If these queries return you values, your DB should be ok, but your configurations still need adjusting.

morpha
Old 10-03-2011 , 17:02   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1380

Hi
Ive tried install this plugin but i have so many problems and i dont have knowledge in DBs..
I still havent a webstas but have a dedicated game server and a host with DB. Ive follow those steps en page 1, from quick installation guide, but still have some problems

My databases.cfg:

"Databases"
{
"l4dstats"
{
"driver" "mysql"
"host" "46.105.17x.xxx"
"database" "stats"
"user" "morpha"
"pass" "*****"

}

}

User and Pass are the same then i use for login in PhpMyAdmin
This is my log error
Any idea how fix this problem?

Sorry my bad english..
Attached Files
File Type: log errors_20111003.log (4.8 KB, 171 views)