Old 10-18-2012 , 12:42   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #1321

please update the skinchooser for hl2dm

Normal-Version and HL2DM-Version updated to 2.3 not work

You join of server ----> hl2dm.exe

theflange
Old 10-18-2012 , 18:21   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #1322

I use skinchooser 2.3 on my hl2dm servers works like a charm!

but I have a question?

sm_skinchooser_SkinBots 1 lets me skin the bots but how do I define which skin? I've tried with both team 2 and 3 no joy the bots are always combine etc.

According to "wiki" there should be forceskinsbots_team2.ini ,forceskinsbots_team3.ini but I've looked everywhere and cannot find them? Should I create them and if so where should I put them?

Just incase anyone hasn't read the info!! Half life 2 deathmatch on a windows based server using skinchooser2.3 (for which I'm massively thankful for)

Last edited by theflange; 10-18-2012 at 18:43.
andi67
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2012 , 03:29   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #1323

I assume you use hrcbots , hl2dm-version did not support forcing skins to bots that´s why you did not getting any skin on them......
theflange
Old 10-19-2012 , 06:43   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #1324

thanks for the quick reply andi, yes it is for HRC bots which sadly no longer have support. Could your skinchooser do the job? and of course do you want to?

Last edited by theflange; 10-19-2012 at 06:43.
Superfido
Old 10-19-2012 , 09:46   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #1325

Hi,

I am trying to get this working on my servers, but after installing, every time I try to start my game css crashes. The server does not crash, my actual game crashes.

I have seen skin chooser menu become available, but before I can play anything it crashes. Any tips or ideas about how to fix this problem.

I have sv_pure_0 in config so my server should allow custom models.

thanks

s-fido
andi67
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2012 , 11:48   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #1326

Quote:
thanks for the quick reply andi, yes it is for HRC bots which sadly no longer have support. Could your skinchooser do the job? and of course do you want to?
HRCBOTS get working again?
If they work again I can do some more tests to get skinchooser correctly work with the bots ......

Last edited by andi67; 10-19-2012 at 11:59.
Superfido
Old 10-19-2012 , 13:30   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #1327

Andi, you seem to be active in this thread and know what you are talking about. Perhaps you could offer a suggestion. I have read the wiki extensively now and still can not get the thing working properly.

The plugin crashes the game, not the server.

One problem seems to be getting the skins to register. I followed the examples in the wiki which explain how to designate a path.

like this one
“path” “models\player\b4p\b4p_snowtrooper\b4p_snowtr ooper.mdl”

but some of the skins i have do not have a mdl suffix

they are vtf or vmt.

first I really don't know which of those to use. since the wiki only mentions mdl

second in any event, even with the mdl skins i have the game crashes and the guys are invisible

thanks for any help, i have sat with this for many hours now and i am at a loss.

Last edited by Superfido; 10-19-2012 at 13:31.
noizy
Old 10-19-2012 , 16:46   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #1328

Hi, hab da auch mal 2 Fragen:

1. Hab ich das Problem, dass mit deinem Plugin die Ragdolls einfach verschwinden.. ist das normal bzw. kann man das irgendwo einstellen?

2. Momentan hat man jede Runde ein anderes Model - kann man da auch etwas machen?

Cool wäre, wenn man z.B. anhand des Charakter-Menüs (GIGN, GSG9, SAS, etc.) gleich automatisch ein Model zugewiesen bekommt.
Quasi irgendwie so:

Wahl im Charakter-Menü>GIGN - man bekommt Skin 1
Wahl >GSG9 - man bekommt Skin 2

Ist sowas möglich?

Vielen Dank schon mal für deine Hilfe und dein Engagement! DU machst eine tolle Arbeit!
andi67
Veteran Member
Old 10-20-2012 , 03:19   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #1329

Models that don´t have mdl , vtx ect. files are clientside only -> useless!!!
search gamebanana for serverside models.....
Invisible modles , errors , gamecrashes are meaning you didn´t uploaded all files of a model to game- and webserver , all files must be listed in skinchooserdownloads.ini(very important) , in skins.ini only the mdl-path has to be specified -> read the wiki examples.
for beginners I would like to suggest setting the cvar for BOTS and Players -> see cvarlist to 0(you can add a valid model later and enable them again in the created configfile).
Quote:
1. Hab ich das Problem, dass mit deinem Plugin die Ragdolls einfach verschwinden.. ist das normal bzw. kann man das irgendwo einstellen?

2. Momentan hat man jede Runde ein anderes Model - kann man da auch etwas machen?
Mit ragdolls hat das nichts zu tun , vermute wird ein anders Plugin bei dir machen.

setz mal sm_skinchooser_forceplayerskin auf 0 in der cfg

Last edited by andi67; 10-20-2012 at 03:23.
theflange
Old 10-20-2012 , 08:01   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #1330

that's fantastic news andi, the bots were recompiled on the sdk2009 source which got them to run, there's several servers out there running them.
Your models are brilliant but for deathmatch they don't animate correctly, I only have 5 starwars characters that work darthmaul and obiwan and padme would be a nice addition?
here's hoping!