Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121

Post New Thread Reply   

CFC_Jladanyi
Old 06-06-2011 , 09:22   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1301

I just found a reference to this problem I am having on page 96 of this thread but the suggestion posted does not seem to fix the problem. I even removed the cfg all together. Then restarted my server and let the plugin create a new one.

Then I edited the new cfg file it created and then restarted the server again.. It is still not accepting any changes I make in the cfg.

I know I am talking to myself a little here. LOL

Any way if I find out whats causing this problem I will post here what I did to fix it (OR CREATE IT). It seems like it would be simple for me to fix but as with most technical things I continue to fall short. LOL

Thanks again..

Last edited by CFC_Jladanyi; 06-06-2011 at 09:41.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2011 , 10:10   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFC_Jladanyi View Post
Thanks for the kind words!

The plugin should be operational and collecting stats when you set the below value and play alone at the server:
PHP Code:
// Minimum Human players before stats will be enabled
// -
// Default: "2"
// Minimum: "1.000000"
// Maximum: "4.000000"
l4d_stats_minhumans "1" 
I have not had the time to play any games for some time now, but am always trying to make some. I'll try to modify this on my server and see if it's not working anymore.

Just a thought: Try setting some other value to a distinctive one, so that you can see if the configs you are modifying are the correct ones?

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
CFC_Jladanyi
Old 06-06-2011 , 10:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1303

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
Thanks for the kind words!

The plugin should be operational and collecting stats when you set the below value and play alone at the server:
PHP Code:
// Minimum Human players before stats will be enabled
// -
// Default: "2"
// Minimum: "1.000000"
// Maximum: "4.000000"
l4d_stats_minhumans "1" 
I have not had the time to play any games for some time now, but am always trying to make some. I'll try to modify this on my server and see if it's not working anymore.

Just a thought: Try setting some other value to a distinctive one, so that you can see if the configs you are modifying are the correct ones?

As always your "Johnny on the spot with the info!"

Thank you!

I did as you suggested just before you replied actually. None of the variable changes for other instances are working..

I just finished trying it with 15 new variable lines changed. IE"points for pills exc".. I even tried it without the "" beside the numbers and no luck.

I am still working to figure out what is going on.. I am sure at this point it is something rather simple but I can't lay my finger on it.

And you sir deserve more thanks than I can give you in regards to your work on this plugin. It surely makes me want to play better when I am on my server

overlooked your point there.

The cfg's I always reconfigure to my taste for the plugins are located at "left4dead2/left4dead2/cfg/sourcemod" on my dedicated server. Is there a cfg I am unaware of? I might have overlooked it.

Last edited by CFC_Jladanyi; 06-06-2011 at 10:31.
CFC_Jladanyi
Old 06-06-2011 , 10:44   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1304

Also,

My previous post may have been a bit misleading. sorry for that.

ALL of my other cfg's for other plugins respond to the changes I make and they are all located within the same folder.

left4dead2/left4dead2/cfg/sourcemod/

Last edited by CFC_Jladanyi; 06-06-2011 at 10:52.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2011 , 14:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1305

Try setting the variable from in-game console / server console. Just to make sure the plugin responds to these changes.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
CFC_Jladanyi
Old 06-06-2011 , 17:49   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1306

Quote:
Try setting the variable from in-game console / server console. Just to make sure the plugin responds to these changes.

forgive me if I sound stupid here but...

What would the console command be exactly? I am thinking it would be a "sm_" command but I did not see one in your original lists of cvars.

Thank you.

Last edited by CFC_Jladanyi; 06-06-2011 at 19:56.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 06-07-2011 , 02:21   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1307

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFC_Jladanyi View Post
forgive me if I sound stupid here but...

What would the console command be exactly? I am thinking it would be a "sm_" command but I did not see one in your original lists of cvars.

Thank you.
If I remember correctly, you can type "l4d_stats_minhumans 1" straight to the game server console. In the client console, I think you must type "sm_cvar l4d_stats_minhumans 1"... maybe?

Chronic1
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-07-2011 , 03:20   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1308

I need some help. This plugin disables my votemanager2 plugin. Now everyone can call votes instead of just admins. I went through all my plugins one by one and this is the only one that does it. Is there a command I can put to disable everyone from calling votes?
CFC_Jladanyi
Old 06-07-2011 , 10:12   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1309

Quote:
If I remember correctly, you can type "l4d_stats_minhumans 1" straight to the game server console. In the client console, I think you must type "sm_cvar l4d_stats_minhumans 1"... maybe?

Thank you sir. I will give that a try now. I will let you know what I find.

I appreciate your time trying to help me.

Last edited by CFC_Jladanyi; 06-07-2011 at 10:22.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 06-07-2011 , 10:21   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronic1 View Post
I need some help. This plugin disables my votemanager2 plugin. Now everyone can call votes instead of just admins. I went through all my plugins one by one and this is the only one that does it. Is there a command I can put to disable everyone from calling votes?
I don't really know how is this plugin able to interfere the votemanager2 plugin? Custom Player Stats does not set anything (AFAIK) that would elevate users privileges in any ways. I'd like to help, but with this information I have, I don't know how can I? Sorry!