Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

L4D Vote Manager 2

Post New Thread Reply   

Packhead
Old 04-23-2009 , 13:19   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #121

I've got the plugin running on all 8 of my forks right now -- I will let it run and monitor the public servers and test this stuff out. Looks good so far, I will post about any weird issues.

Two things I've noticed:

1) the description for l4d_vote_surv_switch_access is not correct (grammar issue): "Access level needed to from one Survival map to another." -- Probably just a typo?

2) the version number is still reporting 1.3.

Both cosmetic issues, the servers that are running right now appear to be going just fine.
Naow
Old 04-23-2009 , 13:43   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcap View Post
I took a slightly different approach.

If you're currently in coop or VS then calling a ChangeChapter vote uses the same access as when you normally change a level.

But when you're in survival mode there is a new cvar that allows a different access level for switching from one survival map to another. The idea being it's no big deal switching maps in survivor. If you don't like this feature just set the l4d_vote_surv_switch_access cvar to the same as your change level access.

There is just one slight problem. My normal server is down since the update last night so I don't currently have a place to test. I don't want to post this to the front page until it's been tested out but I don't want to keep anyone waiting if they really want it. Please consider this an experimental build.
callvote RestartGame doesn't work ? It shows that i have started a vote , but nothing happens Anyway , the plugin seems to work ;)
madcap
Old 04-23-2009 , 17:54   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #123

Updated the front page with the latest version.

I changed it a bit so l4d_vote_surv_access controls access to change map, restart and return to lobby.

I did not observe any problems with RestartGame so please let me know if you're still having problems and be more specific about what is wrong.
Naow
Old 04-23-2009 , 18:07   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcap View Post
Updated the front page with the latest version.

I changed it a bit so l4d_vote_surv_access controls access to change map, restart and return to lobby.

I did not observe any problems with RestartGame so please let me know if you're still having problems and be more specific about what is wrong.
Thx ,so... I will try again and tell you if have problems
Packhead
Old 04-23-2009 , 22:50   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #125

don't know if you corrected this or not. I do not set an access level for the changecampaign (l4D_surv_whatever-new-cvar), and non-admins are being blocked. it's basically taking the defaulT "" level and people still cannot vote for a map change on survivor.

now i still have the version you posted earlier today installed, so I don't know if you fixed this or not in official 1.4 release
madcap
Old 04-24-2009 , 20:54   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #126

Just posted an update that should fix everything. Thanks for your help.
mjb2
Old 04-25-2009 , 02:12   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #127

I've just got the latest version, however it will not load. The previous version worked fine, with the exception of no support for survival, but now I can't get it to run at all.
In console it appears in the plugins list with <failed> in front.
I'm sorry if this is an easy solution, I'm a bit tired right now =)
Amor55
Old 04-25-2009 , 02:33   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #128

Hey I'm having a problem with your plugin, I tried restricting access to voting to the lobby by changing the cvar to l4d_vote_lobby_access "z"
in the sm_plugin_votemanager2.cfg.
I'm the only admin on my server and I want that vote to only be accessed by me, but for some reason anyone on my server can call the vote through esc menu. Another problem I noticed is that whenever someone calls a vote SM says my name initiated the vote call and not the user who really did. How can I fix this?

Also I noticed that I can't vote normally using F1 or F2 for any vote that someone calls.

The veto and passvote work though.

I'm using left for dead version 1.0.1.3 SourceMod 1.2.0 and MetaMod 1.7.1

I included a picture of my plugins incase one of them might be conflicting with this one.

EDIT: ok I tried removing all my custom plugins and I'm still getting the same problems, so I don't think it has to do with a conflict.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ^^

Last edited by Amor55; 04-25-2009 at 05:02.
madcap
Old 04-25-2009 , 10:01   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #129

Both of you, do you have any error logs?

Try `sm plugins` at console and then whatever it says to see the rest. Please paste the results here.

I'm using the most current version and I'm not having any of these problems so I'm hoping it won't be too tough to figure out.
Amor55
Old 04-25-2009 , 18:54   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #130

Ok.. I tried reinstalling l4d and souremod and only installed your plugin but I'm still having the same problems :/..

L 04/25/2009 - 12:50:49: [votemanager2.smx] <Server><ServerID> started a ReturnToLobby vote
L 04/25/2009 - 12:50:56: [votemanager2.smx] <[NOOB] Amor><STEAM_1:0:1715754807> has vetoed a vote.

is what is logged when my friend called a vote to lobby

here is my plugin list

[SM] Listing 18 plugins:
01 "Admin File Reader" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
02 "Admin Help" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
03 "Admin Menu" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
04 "Anti-Flood" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
05 "Basic Ban Commands" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
06 "Basic Chat" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
07 "Basic Comm Control" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
08 "Basic Commands" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
09 "Basic Info Triggers" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
10 "Basic Votes" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
11 "Client Preferences" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
12 "Fun Commands" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
13 "Fun Votes" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
14 "Nextmap" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
15 "Player Commands" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
16 "Reserved Slots" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
17 "Sound Commands" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
18 "L4D Vote Manager 2" (1.4) by Madcap

where would I get an error log btw, i'm not sure i did that right.