Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[EXTENSION] Query Cache (AS2_INFO DoS protection)

Post New Thread Reply   

Afronanny
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2010 , 22:28   Re: [EXTENSION] Query Cache (AS2_INFO DoS protection)
Reply With Quote #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheadxdll View Post
It's in the engine. You probably want CVEngineServer::GetGameServerSteamID(void) It's a virtual function so it should be easy to call.
Even better

I was talking to Mana, owner of the LotusClan.com servers and he provided some information regarding server SteamIds:

Code:
15:57:06 Server's SteamID: 90078665405217792
         <TAB>Type: k_EAccountTypeAnonGameServer
         <TAB>ID: 2773597184
Not sure what it is, or what it does, but he had a command on his server to fetch the steamid, it's type and another ID.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-07-2010 , 05:18   Re: [EXTENSION] Query Cache (AS2_INFO DoS protection)
Reply With Quote #122

That's just the basic info from the CSteamID class, both of the functions named previously should return a CSteamID.

Quote:
Server's SteamID: 90078665405217792
The full 64-bit ID
Quote:
Type: k_EAccountTypeAnonGameServer
Code:
k_EAccountTypeAnonGameServer = 4,       // anonymous game server account
Quote:
ID: 2773597184
This is the AccountID portion, this is the part that is unique.

The universe used is most likely public.

There is a full implementation here.
EAccountType and EUniverse enums, just in case you want them for reference.
Old 04-07-2010 , 14:37   Re: [EXTENSION] Query Cache (AS2_INFO DoS protection)
Reply With Quote #123

That looks very useful.

I think with that, and the virtual function, you can probably take it from here Afronanny.
Old 04-07-2010 , 20:05   Re: [EXTENSION] Query Cache (AS2_INFO DoS protection)
Reply With Quote #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon0 View Post
That looks very useful.

I think with that, and the virtual function, you can probably take it from here Afronanny.
I sure hope so.

One problem, I'm not sure how to call virtual functions. I know how to hook them, but calling one is something I've never done before.

Last edited by Afronanny; 04-07-2010 at 22:19.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-08-2010 , 05:06   Re: [EXTENSION] Query Cache (AS2_INFO DoS protection)
Reply With Quote #125

It should probably be done using bintools, or even looking up the code yourself (it's quite easy to find out how to call them, I can't remember offhand), but just for testing you can SH_DECL_(MANUAL)HOOK and then SH_CALL, this is probably not great for final code as it bypasses any hooks, but it's really fast to write when looking for a func that does what you want.

http://wiki.alliedmods.net/SourceHoo...ypassing_Hooks

An alternative solution that AzuiSleet sugested on IRC after reading the thread is to use Steam_GSGetSteamID, this is a C export from steamclient and will not break on updates.

Last edited by asherkin; 04-08-2010 at 05:29.
recon0
Veteran Member
Old 04-08-2010 , 05:23   Re: [EXTENSION] Query Cache (AS2_INFO DoS protection)
Reply With Quote #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afronanny View Post
One problem, I'm not sure how to call virtual functions. I know how to hook them, but calling one is something I've never done before.
It's one of the simplest function types to call. If you take a look at the SDKTools extension (part of SM), it will probably show you how to get from an offset to a function call. You could also look at the C++ source for the SP natives that let you call virtual functions.
Old 04-08-2010 , 06:22   Re: [EXTENSION] Query Cache (AS2_INFO DoS protection)
Reply With Quote #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
It should probably be done using bintools, or even looking up the code yourself (it's quite easy to find out how to call them, I can't remember offhand), but just for testing you can SH_DECL_(MANUAL)HOOK and then SH_CALL, this is probably not great for final code as it bypasses any hooks, but it's really fast to write when looking for a func that does what you want.

An alternative solution that AzuiSleet sugested on IRC after reading the thread is to use Steam_GSGetSteamID, this is a C export from steamclient and will not break on updates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by recon0 View Post
It's one of the simplest function types to call. If you take a look at the SDKTools extension (part of SM), it will probably show you how to get from an offset to a function call. You could also look at the C++ source for the SP natives that let you call virtual functions.
Thanks. I'll try it later today when I get home.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-08-2010 , 06:40   Re: [EXTENSION] Query Cache (AS2_INFO DoS protection)
Reply With Quote #128

I wasn't going to post this as it only works on the EP2/OB engine, but I just re-read the OP and noticed that Query Cache only works on there as well.

Code:
typedef HSteamPipe (*GetPipeFn)();
typedef HSteamUser (*GetUserFn)();
typedef void * (*GetHandleFn)(HSteamUser, HSteamPipe);
typedef uint64 (*GetCSteamIDFn)(void *);

GetPipeFn g_GameServerSteamPipe;
GetUserFn g_GameServerSteamUser;
GetHandleFn g_GameServerHandle;
GetCSteamIDFn g_GameServerSteamID;

CON_COMMAND(printid, "") {
	g_GameServerSteamUser = (GetUserFn)GetProcAddress(GetModuleHandleA("steam_api.dll"), "SteamGameServer_GetHSteamUser");
	g_GameServerSteamPipe = (GetPipeFn)GetProcAddress(GetModuleHandleA("steam_api.dll"), "SteamGameServer_GetHSteamPipe");
	g_GameServerHandle = (GetHandleFn)GetProcAddress(GetModuleHandleA("steamclient.dll"), "Steam_GetGSHandle");
	g_GameServerSteamID = (GetCSteamIDFn)GetProcAddress(GetModuleHandleA("steamclient.dll"), "Steam_GSGetSteamID");

CSteamID steamID = CSteamID(g_GameServerSteamID(g_GameServerHandle(g_GameServerSteamUser(), g_GameServerSteamPipe())));
	g_pSM->LogMessage(myself, "SteamID: %s", steamID.Render());
};
Of course, a lot of that can be moved to make it more efficient, but bear in mind the server doesn't have it's steam id yet on start.

EDIT: HSteamPipe and HSteamUser are both int32. I missed it since the typedef is already in OpenSteamWorks

Last edited by asherkin; 04-08-2010 at 06:45.
Afronanny
Veteran Member
Old 04-12-2010 , 14:06   Re: [EXTENSION] Query Cache (AS2_INFO DoS protection)
Reply With Quote #129

Quote:
I wasn't going to post this as it only works on the EP2/OB engine, but I just re-read the OP and noticed that Query Cache only works on there as well.

Code:
typedef HSteamPipe (*GetPipeFn)();
typedef HSteamUser (*GetUserFn)();
typedef void * (*GetHandleFn)(HSteamUser, HSteamPipe);
typedef uint64 (*GetCSteamIDFn)(void *);

GetPipeFn g_GameServerSteamPipe;
GetUserFn g_GameServerSteamUser;
GetHandleFn g_GameServerHandle;
GetCSteamIDFn g_GameServerSteamID;

CON_COMMAND(printid, "") {
    g_GameServerSteamUser = (GetUserFn)GetProcAddress(GetModuleHandleA("steam_api.dll"), "SteamGameServer_GetHSteamUser");
    g_GameServerSteamPipe = (GetPipeFn)GetProcAddress(GetModuleHandleA("steam_api.dll"), "SteamGameServer_GetHSteamPipe");
    g_GameServerHandle = (GetHandleFn)GetProcAddress(GetModuleHandleA("steamclient.dll"), "Steam_GetGSHandle");
    g_GameServerSteamID = (GetCSteamIDFn)GetProcAddress(GetModuleHandleA("steamclient.dll"), "Steam_GSGetSteamID");

CSteamID steamID = CSteamID(g_GameServerSteamID(g_GameServerHandle(g_GameServerSteamUser(), g_GameServerSteamPipe())));
    g_pSM->LogMessage(myself, "SteamID: %s", steamID.Render());
};

Of course, a lot of that can be moved to make it more efficient, but bear in mind the server doesn't have it's steam id yet on start.

EDIT: HSteamPipe and HSteamUser are both int32. I missed it since the typedef is already in OpenSteamWorks
I'm using Linux, no Windows server. I believe the Linux equivalent is dlopen and dlsym, correct?

Quote:

I tried putting this into code, but I'm not sure how to get the return value when using SH_CALL.
WebNoob
Old 04-13-2010 , 09:54   Re: [EXTENSION] Query Cache (AS2_INFO DoS protection)
Reply With Quote #130

As we've been getting DDOS's of late, I tried to isntall this last night.

Installation went fine, and it loaded without a hitch, but all the (TF2) servers disappeared from the server browser/favorites.

I had the following placed in the server.cfg:

Code:
//qcache settings

qcache_gameversion 1.0.8.4
Did I miss something?