Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] MatchMod

Post New Thread Reply   

Hawkeye-
Old 03-16-2010 , 14:23   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #121

Woops, I forgot to mention another fairly significant change coming in the next release.

The mod will now drop it's own config file into "cfg/sourcemod", this is where you can define your Server name prefix, suffix, your idle config and finally the default league settings to use.

The mentality here is to limit the number of files you must modify to get things up and running.

I am including an example idle configuration.

Also, for those wanting to help out, I am attaching the english translation file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt matchmod.phrases.txt (4.3 KB, 124 views)
Hawkeye-
Old 03-19-2010 , 01:52   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #122

I found a few bugs on Tuesday and have not had a chance to clear them out as of yet, should have it up no later then this weekend.

Some of the config file structure changed (not the league part, the matchmod aspects) so your going to want to pay careful attention to the documentation when I get it updated. (It's a lot simpler now..
Hawkeye-
Old 03-19-2010 , 15:04   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #123

Just released 1.1.2 to the web here, since there is a few changes to the config files, I am not adding this right away to the auto-update repository to give people a fair chance to get things updated.

Installation process docs are updated in OP but to review for a new installation scenario..

1. Upload plugin and translations to appropriate locations
  2. Upload config files to the server
  3. load plugin or restart your server
  4. modify the "cfg/sourcemod/plugin.matchmod.cfg" files
  5. Modify the STV and password info in "cfg/[league]/custom.cfg"
As noted, the config files changed, (custom.cfg in each league folder has removed some CVAR definitions which moved to the plugin.matchmod.cfg). For this reason, you will want to overwrite all the config files and re-set them up.
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 03-19-2010 , 23:33   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #124

We uploaded the new version. I get these messages in console when we start matchmod. Although everything still worked fine. I just figured I would bring it to your attention.

Code:
ConVarRef matchmod_allowhalf doesn't point to an existing ConVar
SetConVar: No such cvar ( matchmod_allowhalf set to 0), skipping
ConVarRef matchmod_allowovertime doesn't point to an existing ConVar
SetConVar: No such cvar ( matchmod_allowovertime set to 0), skipping
ConVarRef matchmod_blueteamname doesn't point to an existing ConVar
SetConVar: No such cvar ( matchmod_blueteamname set to Team A), skipping
ConVarRef matchmod_redteamname doesn't point to an existing ConVar
SetConVar: No such cvar ( matchmod_redteamname set to Team B), skipping
ConVarRef matchmod_ctfscoring doesn't point to an existing ConVar
SetConVar: No such cvar ( matchmod_ctfscoring set to 1), skipping
Also can you please clarify this cvar?
matchmod_ctfscoring
Does that mean the server name will show the number of flags capped during the pug?

I saw there was also one for attack/defend. Does that mean it will show the time and number of points capped by the first team?
Hawkeye-
Old 03-20-2010 , 01:22   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #125

basically, the ctfscoring and adscoring control the scoring mode matchmod is in (AD is stopwatch), it controls what matchmod is listening for when a match is in progress. (be it 5 CPs, Scorebaord at end of Stopwatch cycle or flag captures.)

CTFscoring 1 / ADscoring 0 = CTF Scoring
CTFscoring 0 / ADscoring 1 = Stopwatch
CTFscoring 0 / ADscoring 0 = Push

The shortcut configs in cfg/matchmod are where these get set on map detection or when you manually select the mode from the menu.

These CVARs are not replicated to the client so the client will throw that error saying I have no idea what you just did, but the server will take the CVAR fine and move on from there as a client side issue.

When do the errors occur, I have been working with the released version for a few days and haven't saw them.
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 03-20-2010 , 01:35   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #126

They show up in console the moment we enter the server. This is before we begin Matchmod.

I also noticed 1 other thing. Not sure if this is TF2's bug in tournament mode or if there is something in the plugin causing it but when we use matchmod on ctf_turbine the announcer doesn't countdown to the match starting and she also doesn't announce a winner at the end. The plugin does show in chat which team won but you don't hear "You win" or "You Lose". I am pretty sure it's a TF2 issue but I figured I would ask to see your thoughts on it.
Hawkeye-
Old 03-20-2010 , 01:53   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameless View Post
They show up in console the moment we enter the server. This is before we begin Matchmod.

I also noticed 1 other thing. Not sure if this is TF2's bug in tournament mode or if there is something in the plugin causing it but when we use matchmod on ctf_turbine the announcer doesn't countdown to the match starting and she also doesn't announce a winner at the end. The plugin does show in chat which team won but you don't hear "You win" or "You Lose". I am pretty sure it's a TF2 issue but I figured I would ask to see your thoughts on it.
yeah. that is the server dumping CVARs I am not passing to the client since they are irrelevant in all honesty to the client.

The countdown of the announcer is touch and go and always has been for me with or without matchmod on. The win/lose announcement may not happen based on how the match ended, since I via code, force the match to end from time to time with the internal score tracking.
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2010 , 16:59   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #128

Ok well that clears that up.

On another note I seem to be having an issue with my server name. We only use matchmod for when we run pugs but we do use the server for other games. What is happening is the server name always uses the pfx sfx that we changed in the new cfg file even when we aren't running a match. We only wanted the server name to change when we started matchmod like in the previous versions of your plugin.

Is there a way to achieve this that I am not seeing?
Hawkeye-
Old 03-21-2010 , 20:25   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #129

Whenever the pfx or sfx cvars are changed, it does an immediate call to the server naming routine to set it. I am not fully sure I understand the situation your having, these cvars typically won't change often and are only designed to change when the mod is active, so whenver it runs otherwise it should be setting things back to the default values in the CVARS.
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2010 , 20:53   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #130

What I mean is...

In our server.cfg we have the cvar hostname set to "<<<<<<<<<<-P-U-L-P- -V-I-P->>>>>>>>>>"

In our plugin.matchmod.cfg file we have these cvars with these values:

matchmod_hostnamepfx "<<<PULP>>>"
matchmod_hostnamesfx "6v6 Gaming"

What is happening is seemingly randomly it is overriding our hostname value from our server.cfg and replacing it with "<<<PULP>>> 6v6 Gaming" even though matchmod was not started. Even if I manually change the hostname again using rcon it changes it back after a period of time.

If you need to join our server to see it occur or to better understand what I mean just let me know.

Last edited by jameless; 03-21-2010 at 20:58.