Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules

Post New Thread Reply   

Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 03-24-2014 , 20:47   Re: TF2: Steam GameServer Accounts and new QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #121

Very late responding to this thread, but if anybody here still hasn't done the sv_setsteamaccount nonsense, there's another alternative way to get the key:
Postman (assuming you're using Chrome)

Seriously, Valve, you can't spend 10 minutes to write up a simple webpage?
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2014 , 15:22   Re: TF2: Steam GameServer Accounts and new QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #122

So, what I get is we're supposed to put sv_setsteamaccount in the autoexec config to ensure it occurs after the server loads everything else in the server config, right?

Also, I got my Steam Account info for my servers, but which thing is used for sv_setsteamaccount ? The steamid or the login_token? Thanks in advance.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-30-2014 , 15:25   Re: TF2: Steam GameServer Accounts and new QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
So, what I get is we're supposed to put sv_setsteamaccount in the autoexec config to ensure it occurs after the server loads everything else in the server config, right?
ensure it occurs before the server loads everything else, but yeah.

Quote:
Also, I got my Steam Account info for my servers, but which thing is used for sv_setsteamaccount ? The steamid or the login_token? Thanks in advance.
sv_setsteamaccount doesn't require anything else.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-18-2014 , 16:45   Re: TF2: Steam GameServer Accounts and new QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #124

I used the: http://tf2.rbemrose.com/steamreg.html

I have copy pasted the Api key in,

and got a json file back. What must i do then if i may ask.?

I would like to register my Ip for my gameservers. But dont know howe to proceed further after the json file.
Old 04-18-2014 , 17:01   Re: TF2: Steam GameServer Accounts and new QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy DODs player View Post
I used the: http://tf2.rbemrose.com/steamreg.html

I have copy pasted the Api key in,

and got a json file back. What must i do then if i may ask.?

I would like to register my Ip for my gameservers. But dont know howe to proceed further after the json file.
If this is for TF2, you need to take the login token it sends you back (it should be in the json response) and use it as the value of the sv_setsteamaccount cvar either in your server command line (requires a + in front of sv_setsteamaccount), autoexec.cfg, or some other cfg file executed from your server's command line. server.cfg is too late as it's not processed until the first map is loaded.

For other games, you need to use the SteamWorks extension and Set Game Server Account plugin.

Last edited by Powerlord; 04-18-2014 at 17:02.
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2014 , 21:47   Re: TF2: Steam GameServer Accounts and new QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
sv_setsteamaccount doesn't require anything else.
It requires the login_token though correct?

i.e: sv_setsteamaccount "login_token_value_here" ? So it needs to be loaded BEFORE everything else? So if I exec autoexec.cfg early on in the server.cfg I should be good?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-19-2014 , 00:24   Re: TF2: Steam GameServer Accounts and new QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #127

Quote:
It requires the login_token though correct?
Yes...

Quote:
i.e: sv_setsteamaccount "login_token_value_here" ? So it needs to be loaded BEFORE everything else? So if I exec autoexec.cfg early on in the server.cfg I should be good?
sv_setsteamaccount only has to be set once total, and autoexec.cfg automatically executes once on server start.

Now, you can't put sv_setsteamaccount in server.cfg because the first time server.cfg executes is already too late for it to be set, because server.cfg only executes after the map changes.
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2014 , 14:30   Re: TF2: Steam GameServer Accounts and new QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Yes...

sv_setsteamaccount only has to be set once total, and autoexec.cfg automatically executes once on server start.

Now, you can't put sv_setsteamaccount in server.cfg because the first time server.cfg executes is already too late for it to be set, because server.cfg only executes after the map changes.
Then how does the new plugin do this via sourcemod, which by the same token, executes after the map changes too right? And usually I put exec autoexec.cfg as a line in my server.cfg -- so that won't work -- I guess I need to put something like +autoexec.cfg in my startup parameters?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-27-2014 , 14:39   Re: TF2: Steam GameServer Accounts and new QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #129

Quote:
Then how does the new plugin do this via sourcemod, which by the same token, executes after the map changes too right? And usually I put exec autoexec.cfg as a line in my server.cfg -- so that won't work -- I guess I need to put something like +autoexec.cfg in my startup parameters?
Because, as far as I can tell, the "before first map change" was an intentional thing in Valve's implementation, likely to prevent it from reconnecting on every map change.

Of course, plugins that load when SourceMod loads on server startup load before the first map starts.

Last edited by Powerlord; 04-27-2014 at 14:43.
Rd1981
Old 05-22-2014 , 18:14   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #130

Any support for fistful of frags I see it trying to login but cant figure out how to get an API key for it ?