Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] Witch Control

Post New Thread Reply   

Abaddown
Old 05-09-2010 , 09:19   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #121

I tested the newest version last night. I played two full campaigns dead center and hard rain. Witch seems to work fine. I have no bugs to report at this time. Being able to move her is a very nice option. This is the first version that announced the witch before I heard her with instructions how to take. Nice work and thanks again.
Abaddown
Old 05-09-2010 , 12:22   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #122

We tested the new version last night. Two full campaigns, dead center and hard rain. I don't have any bugs to report at the moment. This is the first version where I had the instructions to use the witch come up before I heard her. Works good. Thanks again. Tweaking her settings makes her more feared now. Added health, burn time, damage per strike, Took away always kills as it was overpowering. Very hard to run up and crown her now but not impossible. Nice work.
Abaddown
Old 05-09-2010 , 20:06   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #123

sorry for the double post. The servers said there was an error and didn't post.
n3wton
Old 05-10-2010 , 17:05   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #124

Found a bug this evening, version 1.3.
If someone is taking the witch in the first teams (e.g. the other team still has to play that map) versus game, and then the round ends, and the witch is not killed, the player who was the witch then spawns at the last position of the witch.

Yours
N3wton
Abaddown
Old 05-10-2010 , 20:26   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #125

I haven't seen that one yet I will try to duplicate it. Let you know what I see.
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-10-2010 , 21:57   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #126

On dark carnival 2, the server crashed (twice) right when a survivor opened a safe room door after someone controlled a witch.
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 05-11-2010 , 07:02   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3wton View Post
If someone is taking the witch in the first teams (e.g. the other team still has to play that map) versus game, and then the round ends, and the witch is not killed, the player who was the witch then spawns at the last position of the witch.

Yours
N3wton
I can confirm this.

I'm playing now and we just had it.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 05-11-2010 , 13:18   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #128

Checking for m_hasAnySurvivorLeftSafeArea in terror_player_manager / CTerrorPlayerResource would likely help that problem.

Also, slaying the Witch or her Controller on Round end.
DJ_WEST
Old 05-11-2010 , 13:59   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #129

Quote:
This is strange, because I added a check round end and remove control from the players in the previous plugin versions. I haven't this problem. Can you say more about the server, 4 vs 4 or other mods? Did you have errors in logs?
Quote:
Also, slaying the Witch or her Controller on Round end.
It's already done, control is removed, the player dies.
Quote:
On dark carnival 2, the server crashed (twice) right when a survivor opened a safe room door after someone controlled a witch.
Anybody else has this problem? Because I played on the Dark Carnival many times and haven't problems. Can you tell me more about when the server crashed? Any errors in logs? Any other mods? Server 4 vs 4?
Old 05-11-2010 , 14:05   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #130

The only problem we had was when a player got swapped with the Witch at the end/start of the round that n3wton reported, this happened on Parish/Waterfront.

This is on SM1.4/Latest MM on a 10vs10 Linux server.