Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)

Post New Thread Reply   

ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 01-27-2014 , 15:30   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.0.2 + Datapack, 2013-01-27)
Reply With Quote #121

Yes, of course, that's why i have two sounds that already works

Thanks anyway, i will keep trying with the roundstart sounds!
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-27-2014 , 16:11   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.0.2 + Datapack, 2013-01-27)
Reply With Quote #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
Yes, of course, that's why i have two sounds that already works

Thanks anyway, i will keep trying with the roundstart sounds!
Does it just play nothing when the round starts, then? 'cause I'm looking in the code, and it does this

PHP Code:
public OnSetupFinished(const String:output[], calleractivatorFloat:delay)
{

// Other stuff here

PH_EmitSoundToAll("RoundStart"__SNDLEVEL_AIRCRAFT);

// Other stuff here
}

PH_EmitSoundToAll(const String:soundid[], entity SOUND_FROM_PLAYERchannel SNDCHAN_AUTOlevel SNDLEVEL_NORMALflags SND_NOFLAGSFloat:volume SNDVOL_NORMALpitch SNDPITCH_NORMALspeakerentity = -1, const Float:origin[3] = NULL_VECTOR, const Float:dir[3] = NULL_VECTORbool:updatePos trueFloat:soundtime 0.0)
{

decl String:sample[128];

// Other stuff here dealing with "game" and "broadcast" sounds

else if(GetTrieString(g_Soundssoundidsamplesizeof(sample)))
    {
        if(!
IsSoundPrecached(sample))
        {

PrecacheSound(sample);
        }

EmitSoundToAll(sampleentitychannellevelflagsvolumepitchspeakerentityorigindirupdatePossoundtime);
    }

Where g_Sounds is where it stores all the "sound" keys. We know this works, because the other sounds are played exactly the same way.

Actually, I should just get rid of that whole IsSoundPrecached section, since I actually precache them when the PropHunt config is loaded. Similarly, I should strip the unused sounds from the config file so it stops confusing people.

Edit: Wait, I just had a thought... what are the bits, kHz, and bitrate of the mp3? As I recall, Source doesn't support 48kHz sounds... and may be restricted to 128kbps bitrate, not sure.

Last edited by Powerlord; 01-27-2014 at 16:14.
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 01-27-2014 , 16:23   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.0.2 + Datapack, 2013-01-27)
Reply With Quote #123

Quote:
Edit: Wait, I just had a thought... what are the bits, kHz, and bitrate of the mp3? As I recall, Source doesn't support 48kHz sounds... and may be restricted to 128kbps bitrate, not sure.
You are right, all of my files are in 128 but just the two that wok are in 44100HZ (and the rest in 48khz).
I will make new files (and rename them so the clients can download the new ones).

I will report if they are working later, thank you!
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-27-2014 , 16:41   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.0.2 + Datapack, 2013-01-27)
Reply With Quote #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
You are right, all of my files are in 128 but just the two that wok are in 44100HZ (and the rest in 48khz).
I will make new files (and rename them so the clients can download the new ones).

I will report if they are working later, thank you!
What's really weird is that vo/announcer_tournament_started1.wav through 4.wav are 48kHz files included with the game. TF2 can't play these files, though... I tried using them as part of MapChooser Extended Sounds and they just give you an error in the client console.
Veteran Member
Old 01-27-2014 , 18:39   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.0.2 + Datapack, 2013-01-27)
Reply With Quote #125

Awesome, now every sound works (besides countdowns) thanks
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-28-2014 , 18:09   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.0.2 + Datapack, 2013-01-27)
Reply With Quote #126

Courtyard has been updated to version 1_6 (briefly) and then hotfixed to version 1_65.
  • Closed off all 'window' rooms reducing areas required to be searched which are often forgotten about anyway.
  • Vastly reduced roof space so running around on the roofs is less of an option as you cannot hide over the lip of the roofs.
  • Removed the barrier separating top 'hut' into two sections - now just one room with an entrance at both ends.
  • Changed Blue Spawn > Now much smaller and is more of a corner rather than a whole empty corridor of wasted space.
  • Other minor changes around the map removing tiny corners in occluded areas which require time to get to with nothing around > Less time required to search places such as the stage
  • Added a second music button and fixed 'looping', music will now not continue after round end.
  • Fixed a freak lighting issue in 1_6

The cfg file hasn't changed.

Last edited by Powerlord; 01-28-2014 at 18:09.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-31-2014 , 13:49   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.0.2 + Datapack, 2013-01-27)
Reply With Quote #127

007 Facility has been updated to version a4.
  • Removed prop...forest/woodpile.mdl
  • Increased time to 210 from 190
  • Broken some glass in the pipe areas to allow more running options
  • Added props here and there...hint 'theremaybeanaddedsecretortwo'
  • Added a couple more spots
  • Opened up both sides of 'Frog Area' under the control room and a chair to stop people getting stuck down there as hunters
  • Changed a music button from Persona 4 Reincarnation to a more tense 007 theme 'Pipeline' from The World Is Not Enough
  • Quickly added the swapped out music back in by popular demand - Now 4 music buttons total
You need the attached config file for the time and prop change.

Note: For those of you trying to connect to my test server, you might have noticed fastdownload and connecting to it by domain name wasn't working it. I apparently missed that my domain was expiring and I just renewed it this morning... but until DNS servers catch up, it may be broken.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg ph_007facility.cfg (961 Bytes, 95 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 01-31-2014 at 14:14.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-31-2014 , 14:15   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.0.2 + Datapack, 2013-01-27)
Reply With Quote #128

Previous post was updated from version a3 to a4 (to the one person who downloaded it before I edited the post).

Last edited by Powerlord; 01-31-2014 at 14:15.
Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 02-03-2014 , 12:14   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.0.2 + Datapack, 2013-01-27)
Reply With Quote #129

I'm getting reports that some of the new 2013 festive weapons don't work properly.
Old 02-03-2014 , 13:14   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.0.2 + Datapack, 2013-01-27)
Reply With Quote #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearts View Post
I'm getting reports that some of the new 2013 festive weapons don't work properly.
Really? The latest config file should have them configured identically to their non-festive counter-parts (or blocked like their non-festive counterparts; see Crusader's Crossbow).

Which festives in particular?

Last edited by Powerlord; 02-03-2014 at 13:17.