Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[ANY] AFK Manager (Version 4.3.0 / Updated July 2nd 2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
stickz
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Server Management
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    AFK Manager/Kicker
    Old 11-06-2013 , 15:47   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.2 / Updated July 13th 2013)
    Reply With Quote #1

plugin is checking to see if players in spectate are afk...really annoying having those chat spams at the start (from the players who don't join a team) "player was moved to spectate for being afk too long" (even tho they are already in spectate)
    Rothgar
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-08-2013 , 22:36   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.2 / Updated July 13th 2013)
    Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stickz View Post
    plugin is checking to see if players in spectate are afk...really annoying having those chat spams at the start (from the players who don't join a team) "player was moved to spectate for being afk too long" (even tho they are already in spectate)
    So you are saying you want a variable to not warn for people who are on the Unassigned team being moved?

Is that the only announcement that is causing problem and is that something others want?

I've just moved to a temporary accommodation before I move into a new place but can hopefully start looking at some of these items.

PC is in storage which had all my beta code/notes, might have to start a new one on this laptop.
    Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
    musosoft
    Old 11-09-2013 , 05:13   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.2 / Updated July 13th 2013)
    Reply With Quote #3

Maybe it's good idea to have option to switch between public and client only announcements (I like tidy chat)

EDIT: Is possible to add check if admin is recording demo (Or something to disable kicking admins, which are not moving because they are spectating cheaters)

Last edited by musosoft; 11-09-2013 at 10:55.
    Rothgar
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-09-2013 , 15:33   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.2 / Updated July 13th 2013)
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by musosoft View Post
    Maybe it's good idea to have option to switch between public and client only announcements (I like tidy chat)

EDIT: Is possible to add check if admin is recording demo (Or something to disable kicking admins, which are not moving because they are spectating cheaters)
    Currently all warnings are done via client only.
    However all move/kick messages are global currently.

In relation to the recording you'd have to find out if there is an easy way, I would say there isn't plus it could be exploitable if people just walked away and started recording a demo.
    Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
    musosoft
    Old 11-10-2013 , 04:12   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.2 / Updated July 13th 2013)
    Reply With Quote #5

Yes I've talked about move/kick messages, but it's not necessary (I can change it in sp myself)

Maybe adding something like sm_notafk (if sm_afk_admins_immune 0) which will make admin immune for session, is a good way.
    Old 11-21-2013 , 16:55   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.2 / Updated July 13th 2013)
    Reply With Quote #6

I think a great idea would be to add some sort of time limit "levels" for players with different admin flags. For instance, I will be modifying an AFK kick plugin so that people who donate to support my servers will have extended AFK times depending on how much they donate. I would like to do this instead of making them completely immune like other servers do, because complete immunity will lead to the servers being perpetually full of AFK people.

So, regular player AFK time = 3 mins, $5 donator AFK time = 5 mins, $15 donator AFK time = 10 mins, etc. The times and dollar amounts are arbitrary, of course. Anyone else think this is a good idea?
    Donski
    Old 12-15-2013 , 01:25   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.2 / Updated July 13th 2013)
    Reply With Quote #7

Anyone happen to know why this doesn't work with MGEMod?
    Dreamgun
    Old 12-21-2013 , 21:41   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.2 / Updated July 13th 2013)
    Reply With Quote #8

For some reason it seems the timer resets each new round for me o.o. "if the afk timer is > round duration"

Server Type: CS:GO

Last edited by Dreamgun; 12-21-2013 at 21:42.
    Rothgar
    Veteran Member
    Old 12-23-2013 , 16:25   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.2 / Updated July 13th 2013)
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Donski View Post
    Anyone happen to know why this doesn't work with MGEMod?
    In what sense does it not work, is it certain functions? Have you compiled a debug version and tried that? What if you run a different map other than an MGE Map which it says should disable the plugin, does it work then?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dreamgun View Post
    For some reason it seems the timer resets each new round for me o.o. "if the afk timer is > round duration"

Server Type: CS:GO
    I think you need to provide more information, why would you have the timers set so high anyway? There is a bug I need to fix with Spectators by default going to a mode which alternates camera views which resets the AFK Timers.
    hamilton5
    Veteran Member
    Old 12-23-2013 , 18:31   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.2 / Updated July 13th 2013)
    Reply With Quote #10

I think I interpeted dreamguns post right - so for more information:

round duration is typically only 3 minutes... I don't see it being to out of the ordinary for some one to be afk for 4 or 5 minutes... so if some one is afk for 10 minutes it's never counted because the rounds are resetting the afk timer every 3 minutes

altho I can't confirm the bug myself. I do hope you fix the camera view afk bug (when a new user joins and is moved to spec because afk?)