Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)

Post New Thread Reply   

jonitaikaponi
Old 01-05-2016 , 11:51   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh2t View Post
Hello Joni,

the plugin is running great as always but I have two things which borders me a bit.

1. The replay bot is a bit broken on my surf_rookie server. It starts all good, but after a few stages it getting more and more desynced. This is only on surf_rookie. I think I saw this also on a different rookie server, maybe someone can confirm this too?

2. I'm playing a bit with a donation system and want to reward people with different custom titel.
So I just insert people manualy over a sql insert. This works fine but after every map change my changes are set to 0 in ever "custom#" colummn.

Server version: from 04.01.2016
1. The record was most likely done before this fix: https://github.com/jonitaikaponi/ckS...32d796efa1ec00

2. If you have an empty title slot in custom_chat_titles.txt, then all titles after that will be disabled, so keep them in order.
helloworld_
Old 01-05-2016 , 15:47   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonitaikaponi View Post
1. The record was most likely done before this fix: https://github.com/jonitaikaponi/ckS...32d796efa1ec00
New bots are buggy too. I noticed that they are bugging when record time is long. For example surf_sinister_evil - there isn't any boosts on map, but my record of 16minutes is bugged.
I have newest version of plugin.

And i want to ask you jonitaikaponi if you are going to add record bots for multiple bonuses. Maybe some command that change which bonus bot have to show.
Foskitox
Old 01-05-2016 , 17:27   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonitaikaponi View Post
This is made to ensure players don't crash because of too many temp entities.

The way trails work in CSGO is that they are client side temp ents, which basically means that plugins can't do much to them after they are applied. For an example, the plugin cant remove a players trail, which means that a players trail will stay on as long as they are moving. So that gives us two choices when updating a trail, either don't update players trails unless they have stood still long enough for the trail to die, or reapply the new trail ontop of the last trail, which would eventually lead to crashes as a player could run around long enough to get hundreds of trails on top of each other.

The way ckSurf was giving out trails was a bit too careful IMHO, so I changed it to now always reapply the trail if a player has stood still for longer than the trail life (The trail used to get reapplied after the trail had died and the player left a zone, with a 10 second limit). So from now on, to change the trails color, you have to stand still for 2 seconds so that the trail gets refreshed. New version is on github
So, can I disable the !vip part? :b
So I can use a player trail plugin :b
wayne3288
Old 01-05-2016 , 18:11   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1204

I might be completely blind but why is there no way to make stages on a map without any zones? I can only create some at maps which already have stages and on a "linear" map only checkpoints
PresidentEvil
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-05-2016 , 18:44   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1205

on some maps the teletostart zones dont work at all, me and one of my admins spent over an hour trying to get it to work on surf_oma, at one point after much trial and error we got it to work but later it stopped working

Last edited by PresidentEvil; 01-05-2016 at 18:45.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 01-05-2016 , 20:29   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foskitox View Post
So, can I disable the !vip part? :b
So I can use a player trail plugin :b
I would also enjoy a cvar to disable all VIP features. I want my VIP's to be able to keep the VIP tag, just not the features, I use my own benefits right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentEvil View Post
on some maps the teletostart zones dont work at all, me and one of my admins spent over an hour trying to get it to work on surf_oma, at one point after much trial and error we got it to work but later it stopped working
Experiencing the same issue here, although not very common this happens on surf_lt_unicorn_official for example
Old 01-06-2016 , 02:43   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1207

Some spikes and lags, when a lot of players on the server

all the time server spamming this "SendNetMsg ip:27005: stream[(null)] buffer overflow (maxsize = 4000)!"

Can someone help me?
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 01-06-2016 , 02:52   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by denetti View Post

all the time server spamming this "SendNetMsg ip:27005: stream[(null)] buffer overflow (maxsize = 4000)!"

Can someone help me?
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=223904

Read the above thread. Are you sure your hardware is cut out for "a lot of players on the server"? A timer plugin/suite is always more cpu intensive than your basic run of the mill plugins, especially with more players.
Old 01-06-2016 , 05:00   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1209

Quote:
Originally Posted by denetti View Post

Can someone help me?
I get the same thing, still can't work out why or what causes it
Tupk
Old 01-06-2016 , 09:19   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1210

Hi. I'm not experienced with sqlite and have no idea how to use it with csgo servers.

I downloaded the mysql dump and if I understood correctly, I need to convert it to a .sq3 or some other sqlite db format. I tried using sqlite3.exe's .read command but it didn't like some lines in the file (http://i.imgur.com/ONecTrG.png).

So how do I convert the dump to the right format and where I'm supposed to put it?
Is copying it to "csgo\addons\sourcemod\data\sqlite" + adding the thing said in the installation guide to databases.cfg enough or what am I supposed to do?

Please help, I have no idea what I'm doing.

P.S. Is there a way to search inside a thread?