Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

FF2 Freak Fortress 2 1.10.14 Released

Post New Thread Reply   

Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 10-07-2014 , 17:27   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.2 Released
Reply With Quote #1201

Just fixed bosses dying from sustained damage (eg fire).

sound_first_blood is confirmed working, but it seems like all the other sounds went poof. Will investigate.

No idea what's going on with TF2Items. That'll take some time.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-08-2014 , 10:44   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.2 Released
Reply With Quote #1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDeathreusXx View Post
And sound hit is supposed to play on DR spies pretty sure, it tries to fool the boss into thinking he killed him
That was changed way back in... 1.7 I think. It used to not play on DR spies before that. So yes, intentional change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wliu View Post
No idea what's going on with TF2Items. That'll take some time.
If something's going on with TF2Items, that might explain some issues I'm hearing about in PropHunt as well.

e.g. TF2Items not always blocking items from being given to players. I need to ask the server owners who are seeing this if they see any TF2Items errors in their logs.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-08-2014 at 10:47.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2014 , 16:33   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.2 Released
Reply With Quote #1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
When it's in your inventory it is, but when you right-click to throw it, it does this:
  • Creates a new item_healthkit_medium
  • Sets its powerup_model to "models/items/plate.mdl", "models/items/plate_robo_sandwich.mdl", "models/items/plate_sandwich_xmas.mdl", or "models/items/plate_steak.mdl" depending on which Sandvich it is. (Note: The "models/" part may not need to be there... haven't tested it)
  • Sets the owner to the player who threw it (which prevents them from healing from it).
  • Spawns the healthkit.
Its all either tf ammo pack for weapon drops, or the standard entities. I think I released a subplugin that blocks pickup through hoocktouch. IIRC changing the team did not work for all entities (tf ammo pack)? But blocking the touch does. Dispenser rubble and the like is the same entity. Those entities should reset each round though, so if changing team works, it is better. For instance, I use arena mode between rounds.. It would be bad if one team can not pick up ammo. Likewise, some bosses need to pick up ammo or health to trigger events... Though I usually just hooktouch the item or spawn a prop.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 10-09-2014 , 02:48   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.2 Released
Reply With Quote #1204

There is a serious bug with download management in All versions of freak fortress that I'm aware of which causes clients previously connected to a server to fail to download new content upon map change. This is due to the fact that LoadCharacter is being called OnConfigsExecuted. Clients that disconnect from the server on map change, and reconnect, may join before this is called (I think?), which will cause all new content in character packs or newly added bosses (or whatever else) to fail to download.

In my opinion, a mod such as FF2 should not have an option to be "Disabled", since content must be there BEFORE you start the map. Server operators should instead load the plugin or unload it from the /disabled directory. But whatever... The solution is to force that the content is downloaded OnMapStart. If you chose to keep Enabled/Disabled, you should set a boolean that tests if the content was set out onmapstart, and prevent the plugin from going into the enabled state on that map if it wasn't. Regardless, here's the fix that seems to work.

First, we may have the problem of stupid long loads if we chose to precache everything onmapstart. This could drop clients if our server is slow (mabye?). Also, I think steamtools will tank the server if you try to set the game description too early. Anyhow, we can setup downloads and precaching like so (note that my code is gonna be quite a bit different in some places than whatever you are using, though it should be close):

in onpluginstart... add:
Spoiler

Move this to the end of onmapstart, so all of our crap gets added asap:
Spoiler

Modify load character to push precache information into the arrays
Spoiler

Edit OnConfigsExecuted to actually do the precaching:
Spoiler

Last edited by friagram; 10-09-2014 at 02:55.
M76030
Old 10-09-2014 , 05:55   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.2 Released
Reply With Quote #1205

so, while i was playing on my private server
i found out that both sound death and sound kspree arent working
i looked into my console but no real error was there
Twitter: Click here
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 10-09-2014 , 06:46   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.2 Released
Reply With Quote #1206

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
In my opinion, a mod such as FF2 should not have an option to be "Disabled", since content must be there BEFORE you start the map. Server operators should instead load the plugin or unload it from the /disabled directory.
See: https://github.com/50DKP/FF2-Official/issues/114

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50Wliu
Do not reload FF2

Last edited by WildCard65; 10-09-2014 at 06:46.
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 10-09-2014 , 08:58   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.2 Released
Reply With Quote #1207

Quote:
*snip*
v2. Hopefully.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-09-2014 , 09:48   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.2 Released
Reply With Quote #1208

Quote:
There is a serious bug with download management in All versions of freak fortress that I'm aware of which causes clients previously connected to a server to fail to download new content upon map change. This is due to the fact that LoadCharacter is being called OnConfigsExecuted. Clients that disconnect from the server on map change, and reconnect, may join before this is called (I think?), which will cause all new content in character packs or newly added bosses (or whatever else) to fail to download.

In my opinion, a mod such as FF2 should not have an option to be "Disabled", since content must be there BEFORE you start the map. Server operators should instead load the plugin or unload it from the /disabled directory. But whatever... The solution is to force that the content is downloaded OnMapStart. If you chose to keep Enabled/Disabled, you should set a boolean that tests if the content was set out onmapstart, and prevent the plugin from going into the enabled state on that map if it wasn't. Regardless, here's the fix that seems to work.

First, we may have the problem of stupid long loads if we chose to precache everything onmapstart. This could drop clients if our server is slow (mabye?). Also, I think steamtools will tank the server if you try to set the game description too early. Anyhow, we can setup downloads and precaching like so (note that my code is gonna be quite a bit different in some places than whatever you are using, though it should be close):

in onpluginstart... add:
Spoiler

Move this to the end of onmapstart, so all of our crap gets added asap:
Spoiler

Modify load character to push precache information into the arrays
Spoiler

Edit OnConfigsExecuted to actually do the precaching:
Spoiler
That strikes me as a serious bug in either the game server or SourceMod if OnConfigsExecuted is executing after clients start connecting. OnMapStart executes prior to server.cfg (let alone other configs), so all the settings are still what they were set to at the end of the previous map.
Veteran Member
Old 10-09-2014 , 16:16   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.2 Released
Reply With Quote #1209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
That strikes me as a serious bug in either the game server or SourceMod if OnConfigsExecuted is executing after clients start connecting. OnMapStart executes prior to server.cfg (let alone other configs), so all the settings are still what they were set to at the end of the previous map.
And it was my understanding that OnConfigsExecuted is called after OnMapStart, and is where you put things to load that normally would be overwritten or not effected if called OnMapStart

But then again, that was my understanding a year ago, and I haven't done any research since.

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 10-09-2014 , 18:17   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.2 Released
Reply With Quote #1210

I mean, a simple way to check would just be to PrintToServer whenever OMS and OCE were called. I'll do that tomorrow.

Updates since the last beta (not posting a new one yet):
-Added cvar 'ff2_countdown_result'. 0 is default behavior (suicide), 1 sets a stalemate. Requested by Shadow.
-Fixed multi-life bosses dying from sustained (eg fire) damage.
-Used the better(TM) way of preventing bosses from picking up ammo/health, and added flags to override this behavior. Taken from friagram's 'pickup.sp' and Powerlord's rewrite.
-Re-formatted some configs (and also updated Gentlespy's Ambassador attributes/fixed "sound_win" not working). The default ones now all use forward slashes and no longer precache BGMs.
-'Fixed' "catch_phrase" not being called if "sound_block_vo" was set to 1. This should make SBV less misleading.

No new features are planned to be added into 1.10.3. The only bugs that I'm aware of currently are sounds not working and TF2Items errors.

Last edited by Wliu; 10-09-2014 at 18:18.