Post New Thread Reply   

dalto
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2007 , 00:58   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #111

New Beta Release: Version 1.0beta

Changes:
  • Added functionality to control and manage the joining of teams
  • Increased the recency of win/loss stats by changing the number of rounds used from 10 to 6

Last edited by dalto; 08-22-2007 at 19:09. Reason: Removed Attachments
GDP
Old 08-22-2007 , 12:49   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #112

Heres a question for you ......

How do I know if its working? I am running a small server and no one plays it right now so I am trying to figure out if its working or not, I dont have an error log so i assume its working.

also when I do "!sm_cvar sm_team_balance_announce" its comes back with unable to find cvar, is this bad?
dalto
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2007 , 13:39   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDP View Post
Heres a question for you ......

How do I know if its working? I am running a small server and no one plays it right now so I am trying to figure out if its working or not, I dont have an error log so i assume its working.

also when I do "!sm_cvar sm_team_balance_announce" its comes back with unable to find cvar, is this bad?
By default it announces what it is doing at the end of every round in the chat area. If you are not seeing anything it is not working. In 0.9 and later it announces in green.

If you are not seeing those it is probably not working.(or you have sm_team_balance_announce set to 0.

Take a look at addons/sourcemod/logs and see ifyou have any error logs.
Shadowdogg
Old 08-22-2007 , 14:33   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #114

May I say congratulations on the work you have done so far on this plugin. Since you put on the maintain team sizes - nobody has complained about teams which is great.

Reg. 1.0beta -- how stable is it?

Do you need to remove mp_limitteams or any of those settings?
Old 08-22-2007 , 15:03   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowdogg View Post
May I say congratulations on the work you have done so far on this plugin. Since you put on the maintain team sizes - nobody has complained about teams which is great.
Thanks. I am glad to hear it.

Quote:
Reg. 1.0beta -- how stable is it?
I have not play tested this in production yet. However, I tested it fairly extensively. I am hoping to play test it tonight a little.

Quote:
Do you need to remove mp_limitteams or any of those settings?
I honestly don't know how mp_limitteams would interact with the new join stuff in 1.0. Honestly, if you are using the join control stuff and the maintain team stuff there would be no reason to use it.

You definitely want to set mp_teambalance to 0 though.
Shadowdogg
Old 08-22-2007 , 17:29   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #116

Ok I will proberly try it out when the server is a little dead just incase. One thing that crosses my mind is, if a person does want to join the winning team when they first join the server. What happens? Do they get forced / just told a message or what?
Old 08-22-2007 , 17:32   Cool plugin, some feature ideas
Reply With Quote #117

I installed it on our server last night. It worked great, all the players loved it as well. The one thing that they didn't like was there's very little information available about why a certain switch was made. It would be nice if you could do a command like !kdr or !topkdr to see a list of all the users currently in the game and their kill to death ratio. Usually you can derive this from the screen as it shows the kills and the deaths, but since it keeps history this is not the case anymore.
Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2007 , 17:35   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #118

I'm loving this plugin but I'd like to try and make it a little more agressive when balancing my server.

My server currently averages 22-25 players at peak times - spilt 50/50 between regulars and new players.

Any chance you could please suggest the settings for some slightly more aggressive balancing based on those numbers?
If you'd explain how the key cvars affect the algorithm that'd be cool!
Old 08-22-2007 , 18:14   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_One View Post
Any chance you could please suggest the settings for some slightly more aggressive balancing based on those numbers?
I followed daltos advice and put sm_team_balance_new_join_rounds to 0 and it is quite aggressive now - well only changes when need to be. I would definately consider that. You don't want people swapping every round at the same time either.
Old 08-22-2007 , 18:24   Re: Cool plugin, some feature ideas
Reply With Quote #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
I installed it on our server last night. It worked great, all the players loved it as well. The one thing that they didn't like was there's very little information available about why a certain switch was made. It would be nice if you could do a command like !kdr or !topkdr to see a list of all the users currently in the game and their kill to death ratio. Usually you can derive this from the screen as it shows the kills and the deaths, but since it keeps history this is not the case anymore.
Sure.....I can do that...I just need to pick a command that won't conflict with stats solutions....maybe tbkdr or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_One View Post
I'm loving this plugin but I'd like to try and make it a little more agressive when balancing my server.

My server currently averages 22-25 players at peak times - spilt 50/50 between regulars and new players.

If you'd explain how the key cvars affect the algorithm that'd be cool!
I know I need to finish my writeup that explains how it works. For now, if by more aggressive you mean more often than I agree that you should lower sm_team_balance_new_join_rounds. I changed the default to 1 in the more recent releases but in a busy server 0 might be more appropriate. What this does is everytime someone joins the losing team it waits new_join_rounds before balancing again. This usually means new_join_rounds + 1 since the last balance. Setting it to 0 should let it balance when it needs to. It will be "pending" much less often.