Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 10-26-2008 , 17:19   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

redirect_check_method 0 allowed at least that users get redirected, but i still cannot redirect myself. Any other cvar i have missed?
Btw: i heard from kenterfie, one of the coders from HLSW, that this error is caused by a bug in the new engine, so nothing we could fix. Dunno if he is right, but i have not much doubts about that.

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2008 , 17:21   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

supermega has posted some illegal stuff and therefore got his message deleted. nevertheless he remarked that setting redirect_check_method 1 would be a workaround, which i now can confirm.
xREDIRECT uses the "ping" command for check method 1 and the "info" command for getting the server information when check method is set to 2. according to the changelog the "info" command was removed but not the "ping" command, so there is the explanation for it. also i verified this information using an UDP console.

about the current status:
i fixed the server query and now successfully get answers from servers. so i am currently working on the parsing implementation. it will take long as i am doing a complete rewrite of the socket parsing code. i already wanted to do that earlier because i don't like the current way of how i am doing it. and now that i have to touch that section of code anyway it's just the right time to do the reimplementation.
furthermore i have the hope that the new code will make it easy to readd the detection of bots on a server again and that i can do it alongside.
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2008 , 17:36   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
redirect_check_method 0 allowed at least that users get redirected, but i still cannot redirect myself. Any other cvar i have missed?
Btw: i heard from kenterfie, one of the coders from HLSW, that this error is caused by a bug in the new engine, so nothing we could fix. Dunno if he is right, but i have not much doubts about that.
hmm post your CVARs, maybe i see something. for now i'd say setting redrect_check_method to 0 should be enough. you might need to do a complete server restart rather than only changing map or executing the "restart" command on the server.

and i don't know which error you are talking about there. as we all know the big update broke many things (though many of them are already fixed by new updates some days later) and kenterfie was probably talking about some of these but the network query has just changed according to the changelog. the old commands are almost all (except "ping") ignored by the servers now and xREDIRECT doesn't fully implement the new protocol, so doesn't get any response from servers anymore.
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 10-26-2008 , 17:40   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

PHP Code:
          72redirect_version         1.0.2b                   xredirect.amxx  

73redirect_active          1                        xredirect.amxx  

74redirect_auto            1                        xredirect.amxx  

75redirect_manual          1                        xredirect.amxx  

76redirect_follow          1                        xredirect.amxx  

77redirect_external_addre                           xredirect.amxx  

78redirect_check_method    0                        xredirect.amxx  

79redirect_announce        120                      xredirect.amxx  

80redirect_announce_mode   0                        xredirect.amxx  

81redirect_announce_alive  -1.0                     xredirect.amxx  

82redirect_announce_alive  0.01                     xredirect.amxx  

83redirect_announce_deadp  -1.0                     xredirect.amxx  

84redirect_announce_deadp  0.35                     xredirect.amxx  

85redirect_show            1                        xredirect.amxx  

86redirect_adminslots      1                        xredirect.amxx  

87redirect_maxadmins       0                        xredirect.amxx  

88redirect_retry           0                        xredirect.amxx  

89redirect_hidedown        1                        xredirect.amxx  

90redirect_localslots      0                        xredirect.amxx 
Other errors are like this:
HLSW and all other livestats plugins for websites do not show correct:
timeleft, nextmap and bots are counted as normal players.
My websites status is also broken. As nextmap it says "cstrike" o_O.
Whatever they did with the update, it brought up more new bugs than the number of fixed bugs.

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2008 , 17:54   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

don't see anything suspicious in your CVAR settings. did you try to use redirect_check_method 1 already? it should work better anyway, at least giving you back the indication wheter a server is up or down.
and i don't have such HLSW problems. using HLSW v1.3.0 every server (CS 1.6, CS:Source, NS...) is displayed correctly, including nextmap, gametype...

your website status script rather has the same problem that xREDIRECT has: it simply doesn't speak the new protocol. there was a period where servers supported both the old and new protocol but valve planned to shut down the old protocol later - and now they did it. don't wait for an update to bring that back. they just ditched unnecessary weight.

Last edited by xOR; 10-26-2008 at 17:57.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 10-26-2008 , 18:41   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

I'll test it tomorrow after work.
The proble with HLSW is reported by many others too. Dunno why it works for some people and others not.

cre8or
Old 10-26-2008 , 19:01   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Is there any testversion out yet?
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2008 , 22:37   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

sorry but i didn't find as much time as i wanted for all this (ask my girlfriend for reasons ).
for now i fetched a lot of test data with a UDP console that will help me while programming - i converted it to a readable text so i get a clear imagination of how the data looks for: CS 1.5 (for comparison with old code), NS 3.2 and CS 1.6 (which are both the same).
furthermore i fixed the queries. they now (this time for real) support both old and new protocols at the same time to keep backwards compatibility.
and i worked out a draft how the reply parser will work in the future. tomorrow at late evening i will start implementing what my draft says and i might be able to bring a first release.
Old 10-27-2008 , 03:04   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

If it helps we can all testify to your girlfriend that we can't live without your plugin
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2008 , 12:22   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Llama View Post
If it helps we can all testify to your girlfriend that we can't live without your plugin
i guess it wouldn't.
i told her about your message and she just said "they're all computer addicts, i would just answer them with a recommendation for a psychiatrist around their corner. they should rather spend more time with their girlfriends".
i am still at work and it's going to be a long day at the office. i know you're all waiting but my real life simply has priority, no matter what happens in the virtual world.
that does not mean that i won't try to find free time to release something this (very late) evening but i can't make any promises either.