[ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod

Post New Thread Reply   

DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 05-19-2015 , 06:59   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1141

Quote:
Originally Posted by irepz View Post
First problem is : nobody read the rules (it's their own problem, ok)
Second is : my admins doesn't check griefers reports because of too many reports not justified. This is the point i want to fix. If the calls they receive are legits, they'll check it.
Just because you have 5 reports for the same thing, it doesn't mean the report is legit:

Theoretically, I could report you just because I don't like you; as the report doesn't pass through due to the limitations of minimum 3-5 reports, I would simply get my friends to report you for the same thing as well. Let's say that the thing was that you were harassing other players, but you didn't really do that.... The report isn't legit - but you have all the reports you "need" to trigger the system.

As Impact123 just explained into much more details than I did:
Quote:
You can't fix stupid or laziness. If someone abuses the system, ban them.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Snaggle
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-19-2015 , 08:36   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1142

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
Theoretically, I could report you just because I don't like you; as the report doesn't pass through due to the limitations of minimum 3-5 reports, I would simply get my friends to report you for the same thing as well. Let's say that the thing was that you were harassing other players, but you didn't really do that.... The report isn't legit - but you have all the reports you "need" to trigger the system.
1: Players don't need to know the requirements for a report to be sent. The plugin can simply return the message "Report has been sent" but not do anything.

2: Yes you could get friends to make fake reports, but you can do this now anyway. But this idea does help to prevent against those players who simply type the command out because they see others doing it, or they see a chat advert for it. This idea will help to cut down on less serious reports coming through and ensures they will only be reported if the requirements are met.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 05-19-2015 , 10:14   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
1: Players don't need to know the requirements for a report to be sent. The plugin can simply return the message "Report has been sent" but not do anything.
If no one enters the or actually do something, there is a good chance that they will;

a) Try the command again
b) Ask their friends to try it, to see if it works (and an admin actually does anything) for them.

In fact, if a such command exists and you don't do anything, what I've seen is that people will start spamming it in hope that it will catch your attention then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
2: Yes you could get friends to make fake reports, but you can do this now anyway. But this idea does help to prevent against those players who simply type the command out because they see others doing it, or they see a chat advert for it. This idea will help to cut down on less serious reports coming through and ensures they will only be reported if the requirements are met.
That is easily avoidable by hiding the command from the chat.

If anyone is abusing the system - which is the only thing you're actually talking about - then just ban them. That's the only way to go.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
mikize
Old 05-19-2015 , 13:18   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1144

now i got : Required meta data was missing or given in invalid format
Impact123
Veteran Member
Old 05-19-2015 , 13:31   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1145

We need more information.
Old 05-19-2015 , 13:40   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1146

What information do you need ? Can we talk on steam ?
Impact123
Veteran Member
Old 05-19-2015 , 14:14   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1147

Sure, add/just message me.

Last edited by Impact123; 05-19-2015 at 14:15.
Snaggle
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-19-2015 , 15:06   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1148

Quote:
If no one enters the or actually do something, there is a good chance that they will;

a) Try the command again
b) Ask their friends to try it, to see if it works (and an admin actually does anything) for them.
This is true, though we have the flood limit in place on the command so even if they do try it will not work. And we tend to find part B rarely happens, a lot of our players are solo players or the ones who do play in groups are regulars anyway.

Quote:
That is easily avoidable by hiding the command from the chat.
It's just one example and yes you're right. But server ops need some way of advertising the command so players know. And you tend to get people who will just try out the command just to see how far they can get or what happens etc.

Quote:
If anyone is abusing the system - which is the only thing you're actually talking about - then just ban them. That's the only way to go.
If anything, I'm talking more about...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact123 View Post
You can't fix stupid or laziness.
People are curious/stupid/lazy and this is a nice way of filtering out the people who are simply ignorant without resorting to issuing out bans. Though Impact has said there are no plans, so I won't badger on about it more
irepz
Old 05-20-2015 , 02:10   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1149

I'm having a little issue again. I use the steamgropu call function and some people don't receive bot notifications. As you know impact, everything should be ok, but i added some people and they don't receive any callµ. I'm available today if you too.

Thankjs mate ;)
Old 05-20-2015 , 05:41   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1150

My plugin is working great I can receive the report in my sql but not in the .exe and in the ts3 client

Last edited by mikize; 05-20-2015 at 09:10.