FF2 Freak Fortress 2 1.10.14 Released

Post New Thread Reply   

El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2014 , 20:56   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.2 Released
Reply With Quote #1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wliu View Post
So. Anybody here know how to stop a death event? This is so multi-life bosses' healthbar will only display the per-life value.

I've tried returning Plugin_Handled/Stop, setting the health value back above 0, pretending it was a dead-ringer...
I'm sorry, please say that in english?
Old 09-16-2014 , 21:06   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.2 Released
Reply With Quote #1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo War3Evo View Post
I'm sorry, please say that in english?

Let's say the boss's health is 5000*3 lives. That would mean BossHealthMax (which really should be called BossHealthPerLife or something) is 5000 and BossHealth (when the round begins) is 15000.
I'm *trying* to set OnGetMaxHealth to 5000 so it's more immersive/realistic (ie when you lose a life, it looks like you're dying instead of still being at 2/3 health). The only problem here is that they actually die, and I don't know how to stop that.
Veteran Member
Old 09-17-2014 , 07:31   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.2 Released
Reply With Quote #1123

Quote:

Let's say the boss's health is 5000*3 lives. That would mean BossHealthMax (which really should be called BossHealthPerLife or something) is 5000 and BossHealth (when the round begins) is 15000.
I'm *trying* to set OnGetMaxHealth to 5000 so it's more immersive/realistic (ie when you lose a life, it looks like you're dying instead of still being at 2/3 health). The only problem here is that they actually die, and I don't know how to stop that.
Idk if there is a hookable sdk function in tf2 that might help, ask around in the scripting help forum
Old 09-17-2014 , 09:47   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.2 Released
Reply With Quote #1124

Quote:
So. Anybody here know how to stop a death event? This is so multi-life bosses' healthbar will only display the per-life value.

I've tried returning Plugin_Handled/Stop, setting the health value back above 0, pretending it was a dead-ringer...
Events are notifications of something that already happened. You have to prevent it in an SDKHooks_TakeDamage hook.

Last edited by Powerlord; 09-17-2014 at 10:36.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 09-17-2014 , 09:56   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.2 Released
Reply With Quote #1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Events are notifications of something that already happened. You have to prevent it in an SDK_TakeDamage hook.
only problem, that hook is bypassed from damage dealt by the native, so what if the killing damage was say like a goomba stomp or an rtd effect?
Old 09-17-2014 , 16:12   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.2 Released
Reply With Quote #1126

Despite my countless rants about the BFB, i was testing this attribute config for the BFB. So far no complaints about it on my server:
Code:
			case 772:  //Baby Face's Blaster
			{
				TF2_RemoveWeaponSlot(client, TFWeaponSlot_Primary);
				weapon=SpawnWeapon(client, "tf_weapon_pep_brawler_blaster", 772, 69, 10, "2 ; 1.25 ; 16 ; 10 ; 26 ; 15 ; 109 ; 0.25 ; 128 ; 1 ; 191 ; -3 ; 418 ; 1");
					// 2: 25% damage bonus
					// 16: On-Hit: +10HP
					// 26: +15 max health
					// 109: -75% health from packs on wearer
					// 128: provide on active
					// 191: -3HP drained per second
					// 418: Build hype for faster speed.
			}
The setup is to discourage BFB scouts from running around uselessly (many that i encountered just do it to stall the round). Sure they keep the speed boost but if they're just gonna run around uselessly, they'll eventually die as they lived: running away.

At least if they try fighting the boss, they'll regain 10HP per successful hit.

Last edited by 93SHADoW; 09-20-2014 at 03:45.
Send a message via AIM to 93SHADoW Send a message via Skype™ to 93SHADoW
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 09-17-2014 , 21:11   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.2 Released
Reply With Quote #1127

I just replace brb with scattergun
Br5Johnson
Old 09-17-2014 , 21:56   Re: 1.0.8
Reply With Quote #1128

I just updated my server to this and will report how it goes.

Last edited by Br5Johnson; 09-17-2014 at 21:56.
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 09-18-2014 , 02:17   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.2 Released
Reply With Quote #1129

Quote:

You should "manage his health".

Here is an example of a stock you can use:

Code:
// Borrowed code from War3Source
// DecreaseHP reduces health without killing a player

stock DecreaseHP(client,dechp)
{
    new newhp=GetClientHealth(client)-dechp;
    if(newhp<1){
        newhp=1;
    }
    nsEntity_SetHealth(client,newhp);
}

stock bool:nsEntity_SetHealth(entity, health) 
{
    new currenthp = GetEntProp(entity, Prop_Data, "m_iHealth");

if (currenthp == health)
    {
        return false;
    }

SetEntProp(entity, Prop_Data, "m_iHealth", health);
    ChangeEdictState(entity, 0);

if (currenthp < health)
    {
        return true;
    }

return false;
}
Use DecreaseHP(client,dechp) to cause damage to your Boss and it will prevent him from "deing". When you want to actually kill him, use a if statement verses lives..

in your SDK hooks that hook damage:

if(lives>0) DecreaseHP(client,damage);
damage = 0.0;
return Plugin_Changed;

Your only problem maybe that "he wont look like he is getting hurt by blood", and I don't have the blood spatter graphic off hand.. its is somewhere.. that you could create for every hit.. or you could just let 1 damage go thru each time instad of 0.0 ? damage = 1.0 ? If you want me to give you info on the blood spatter, just say so .. if not you can use damage = 1.0 or something else?

You could also create a ragdoll of him to allow players to "see he died" and remove that entity and respawn him where ever.

There are so many ways to do this... Just gotta pick the best for your source code

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 09-18-2014 at 02:27.
rswallen
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-18-2014 , 03:24   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.2 Released
Reply With Quote #1130

Quote:
Two ideas (no idea if either will work). Both involve creating SDKHook_OnTakeDamagePost callbacks:
  • When an SDKHook_OnTakeDamagePost callback fires, if the victim is a boss and they "died", respawn them (probably wont work)
  • When the SDKHook_OnTakeDamage (not post) callback fires for a boss, set their health to the combined health of all lives. When the OTDPost callback fires, reset their health to that of their current life (and if they "died", take action)