Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

FF2 [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.5, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!

Post New Thread Reply   

Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2015 , 04:26   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.4, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #101

loool

Yeah the slam works fine, the physics and damage. It just makes him do it without the taunt animation. (Without the fix for that address check, that is).
Old 05-25-2015 , 13:13   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.4, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #102

it's not fixed i really do not want to go through the hastle of downloading it editing cfg only to have it not working so no thanks but thanks for trying to help
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2015 , 13:43   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.4, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #103

Are you saying you tried the new version, and it's not fixed?

Or are you saying, I don't want to try the new version?

Why would you need to edit the cfg twice? All you'd be doing is downloading the .ff2, drag n drop to plugin/freaks, update finished.

-------------------

On a side note, I dunno why the Saxton Lunge animation never plays for me. I'm certain I didn't change any of the code's logic at all for that ability.

It was TFCond:83 (HalloweenKartDash) right? Not 81? The comments in your code are kinda confusing.

Last edited by Chdata; 05-25-2015 at 13:47.
93SHADoW
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-25-2015 , 14:41   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.4, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
Are you saying you tried the new version, and it's not fixed?

Or are you saying, I don't want to try the new version?

Why would you need to edit the cfg twice? All you'd be doing is downloading the .ff2, drag n drop to plugin/freaks, update finished.

-------------------

On a side note, I dunno why the Saxton Lunge animation never plays for me. I'm certain I didn't change any of the code's logic at all for that ability.

It was TFCond:83 (HalloweenKartDash) right? Not 81? The comments in your code are kinda confusing.

Hale's lunge is a 50/50 chance on my server playing the animation. Uses HalloweenKartDash iirc.

Slam animation works fine for me though.

Last edited by 93SHADoW; 05-25-2015 at 14:42.
Send a message via AIM to 93SHADoW Send a message via Skype™ to 93SHADoW
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2015 , 15:31   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.4, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #105

I tried spamming addcond 83 on normal classes and it seems to show the animation fine in thirdperson even to myself.

But as Hale, basically never. Strange. I know it worked on Koishi's test server. Ehh.
Old 05-25-2015 , 15:35   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.4, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
I tried spamming addcond 83 on normal classes and it seems to show the animation fine in thirdperson even to myself.

But as Hale, basically never. Strange. I know it worked on Koishi's test server. Ehh.
Maybe files between servers differ?

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2015 , 15:48   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.4, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #107

models/sarysa/saxton/saxton_hale_by_thepfa.mdl

Last edited by Chdata; 05-25-2015 at 16:00.
sarysa
Old 05-25-2015 , 16:19   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.4, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #108

I've never seen it work in third person mode, ever. Though to be fair I almost always play hale in first person, I do frequently use third person while making demonstration videos.

And yes, it's condition 83:
#define SL_ANIM_COND TFCond:83

I don't use the enum value because many people don't have it in the TFCond enum. (myself included)
Old 05-25-2015 , 16:43   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.4, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #109

I update my sourcemod includes every once in a while.

Also I'm talking about watching someone else as Hale, I had one of my admins spam it with infinite rage (only able to spam after lunge is fully completed) and it never animated once.

Then I went scout and spammed cond 83 on myself and the kart animation was working fine, in thirdperson. That kinda leads me to believe there might be a way to get it to work on the custom model too.

I just have no idea why it's not working /at all/. I went and spammed cond 83 on myself as super hale (via /addcond @me 83 2) and nobody else said they could see it either, yet everyone could see it if I was a scout.

When I say, as a scout, I mean, with the normal scout model, not a custom model.
Old 05-25-2015 , 21:44   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.4, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #110

Damnit. Why is Valve breaking all the cool stuff I find? I go for a month and like 4 hales I've worked on break in stupid ways.

Well I can confirm it's happening to me as well. I'm a bit demotivated at the moment re: finding a substitute. If we're lucky it might just be some animation event I have to add or something. (I think it might still work on another boss I have that uses valve animations only with condition 83) I'm not going to use Friagram's weapon trick because some people actually give Saxton weapons sometimes. (like VoiDeD's deathrun server) I also don't want to use the slam trick because that requires the hale to be immobilized for several frames and it'd slow the player down, not worth making gameplay worse for an aesthetic that Valve might break one month later.

Last edited by sarysa; 05-25-2015 at 21:46.