Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

How do you patch your hl1.dll to increase the precache limit?

Post New Thread Reply   

Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 03-14-2011 , 18:09   Re: How do you patch your hl1.dll to increase the precache limit?
Reply With Quote #101

I have no idea how to do that, and I doubt joropito is willing to work on that. I don't think it's worth to waste time on it. Just learn to configure better your server.
Old 03-14-2011 , 18:18   Re: How do you patch your hl1.dll to increase the precache limit?
Reply With Quote #102

okay then i will write a mail to valve asking for a patch (already knowing they wont do anything) and let this problem rest in peace.

i dont need it for my server, it would be just great to make more out of the game thats all (adding more weapons/models and mods, building bigger and more detailed maps etc).

and if someone thinks i just want better graphics and more up-to date game and suggests that i should take css then i say that i dont like css at all (i dont know, it just doesnt feel as good as 1.6, maybe because i grew up with it ;)). and there are also not so many plugins for css (specifically no plugin that adds weapons which i would really like to do in cs)

anyway thx for your help and your work to this point
SeriousSam
Old 03-15-2011 , 09:59   Re: How do you patch your hl1.dll to increase the precache limit?
Reply With Quote #103

I don't know if I should post this in here, but I don't think it needs a new thread.
I want to ask, is there an easy way (some plugin or cvar) to check how many resources are precached currently or how many are there left until I reach the 512 limit? I'm too lazy to count them one by one, and it's different in each map, but it would be helpful to know how much free resources I have left for modding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triver View Post
..specifically no plugin that adds weapons which i would really like to do in cs..
You should come check my server I've been adding new weapons for some time now, that's why it's empty most of the time People are too lazy to wait until they download the new weapons Anyway, that's why I'm asking this question here, I'm planing to put about a 100 more real-life weapons to the game, and would like to see if I have enough free resources for that

Last edited by SeriousSam; 03-15-2011 at 10:08.
Send a message via Skype™ to SeriousSam
urban_ninja
Old 03-15-2011 , 10:58   Re: How do you patch your hl1.dll to increase the precache limit?
Reply With Quote #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
I have no idea how to do that, and I doubt joropito is willing to work on that. I don't think it's worth to waste time on it. Just learn to configure better your server.
Don't think its worth it? Don't think versatility is work it? Don't think expanding boundaries is worth opening a doorway to create more broadly? Man it is worth it. Bigger and more bad ass plugins and maps is always a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
There is another thread about that in the scripting section and the final answer. Please search. But if you want, that's not possible because it needs to patch the client too, and that's impossible.
Impossible or impossible with out client downloading? The client side metamod was made that way As seen here so why not?

If your not fond of client having to download a binary or 2 so what? They just downloading files from the server anyways like maps models.

If .dll or .exe files is wrong to required to be downloaded same goes for maps and anything else that has to be downloaded.
Old 03-15-2011 , 12:52   Re: How do you patch your hl1.dll to increase the precache limit?
Reply With Quote #105

Client still needs to download manually the injector or CM and executing something manually before playing the game. So, yes, that's not worth at all, considering a system like cheating-death is a pain, most of people won't care to go somewhere to download such shit to play to a server. I would rather prefer to configure intelligently my server, not flooding with a ton a models and such.
Old 03-15-2011 , 13:13   Re: How do you patch your hl1.dll to increase the precache limit?
Reply With Quote #106

@SeriousSam:

Remove dproto.
joaquimandrade
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2011 , 03:06   Re: How do you patch your hl1.dll to increase the precache limit?
Reply With Quote #107

I decided to upload a plugin I did to block useless precaches. I posted it in another thread because it was also relevant there. Though since it is even more relevant for this one, I'm gonna leave the link here so that in the future this thread can be used to find it.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...3&postcount=41
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 07-08-2011 , 04:48   Re: How do you patch your hl1.dll to increase the precache limit?
Reply With Quote #108

Bad idea.
Old 04-15-2012 , 13:16   Re: How do you patch your hl1.dll to increase the precache limit?
Reply With Quote #109

Quote:
#include <amxmodx>
#include <cstrike>
#include <fakemeta>

#define VERSION "0.1"

new const g_Sounds[][] =
{
"blablabla1.wav",
"blablabla2.wav"
}

new const g_Models[][] =
{
"blablabla1.mdl", // Пихаем сюда модели которые не хотим прэкешить, можно расширять массив
"blablabla2.mdl"
}

public plugin_precache()
{
register_plugin("UnPrecacher", VERSION, "Proo.Noob")
register_forward(FM_PrecacheModel, "PrecacheModel")
register_forward(FM_PrecacheSound, "PrecacheSound")
}

public PrecacheModel(const szModel[])
{
for(new i = 0; i < sizeof(g_Models); i++)
{
if( containi(szModel, g_Models[i]) != -1 )
{
forward_return(FMV_CELL, 0)
return FMRES_SUPERCEDE
}
}
return FMRES_IGNORED
}

public PrecacheSound(const szSound[])
{
for(new i = 0; i < sizeof(g_Sounds); i++)
{
if( containi(szSound, g_Sounds[i]) != -1 )
{
forward_return(FMV_CELL, 0)
return FMRES_SUPERCEDE
}
}
return FMRES_IGNORED
}
Bilal Pro
Old 04-15-2012 , 13:30   Re: How do you patch your hl1.dll to increase the precache limit?
Reply With Quote #110

Lol this thread is over 1 year old