Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Be The Giant Deflector Heavy

Post New Thread Reply   

DeepVoices
Old 08-26-2014 , 23:12   Re: [TF2] Be The Giant Deflector Heavy
Reply With Quote #101

Magnificent.But how about combine it in one plugin?
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2014 , 00:53   Re: [TF2] Be The Giant Deflector Heavy
Reply With Quote #102

Initial testing of V3 looks promising. No errors in Error Log. A couple minor issues after trying all Giants:

1. The first time I used the !besam command, bad sequence messages posted to the console. It did not post messages to the console on subsequent usage of !besam. The messages:
Bad sequence (41 out of 39 max) in GetSequenceLinearMotion() for model 'weapons/c_models/c_demo_arms.mdl'!
Bad sequence (41 out of 39 max) in GetSequenceLinearMotion() for model 'weapons/c_models/c_demo_arms.mdl'!
P

2. When using the !bengy command, any sentry built is HUGE (larger than the giant player model itself). In other words, the sentry is at least twice as tall as most normal players. The dispenser is the correct normal size.

I'll keep using the plugins on my server for testing and will report any findings. I just thought you should know about those two minor issues discovered so far.

Keep up the great work!
Jaster
Old 08-27-2014 , 08:19   Re: [TF2] Be The Giant Deflector Heavy
Reply With Quote #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepVoices View Post
Magnificent.But how about combine it in one plugin?
I wish i could honestly, but sadly i dont know that much of coding, i might bug ask peli nicely to help me with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
Initial testing of V3 looks promising. No errors in Error Log. A couple minor issues after trying all Giants:

1. The first time I used the !besam command, bad sequence messages posted to the console. It did not post messages to the console on subsequent usage of !besam. The messages:
P

2. When using the !bengy command, any sentry built is HUGE (larger than the giant player model itself). In other words, the sentry is at least twice as tall as most normal players. The dispenser is the correct normal size.

I'll keep using the plugins on my server for testing and will report any findings. I just thought you should know about those two minor issues discovered so far.

Keep up the great work!
For the Samurai Demo, did you have a primary weapon in your hands when changing? The Samurai demo removes your primary weapon to force you to rely on only charges and melee, and even if you didnt lose your primary, once you switch to melee with this, it forces you to only melee perma.

The giant engieer will be getting a nerf in next update, removing its perma crits, and backpack effects along with forcing it to rely on giant mini sentrys, range and firing speed will also be changed.

The Dispenser isnt ment to be huge, when peli first got it setup for me, it looked awesome, but then you see the screen sticking out of the monitor screen. So i shrunk it down. There was the idea of giant teleporters...but youd get stuck using them.

Lastly, i forgot to mention, i added a modified version of pelis Giant deflector heavy to my download, it now adds the mini boss HP bar above the head like all of my giants do.

Last edited by Jaster; 08-27-2014 at 08:21.
Jammy
Old 08-27-2014 , 19:25   Re: [TF2] Be The Giant Deflector Heavy
Reply With Quote #104

Tried loading the airpy plugin and got this error:

Code:
L 08/27/2014 - 19:24:15: [SM] Native "CreateNative" reported: Fatal error creating dynamic native!
L 08/27/2014 - 19:24:15: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "beairpy.smx":
L 08/27/2014 - 19:24:15: [SM]   [0]  Line 60, beairpy.sp::AskPluginLoad2()
Jaster
Old 08-27-2014 , 20:02   Re: [TF2] Be The Giant Deflector Heavy
Reply With Quote #105

V4 the next update is one made for spy players! And no not giant spy! Instead, giants will now be able to be back stabbed for 25% of their max full hp! Which means 4 back stabs at full hp giant = dead giant.

Edit: backstabbs being a bit wierd, currently takes 3 backstabbs to kill giant but this for some reason effects the samurai demo.

Last edited by Jaster; 08-29-2014 at 12:46.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2014 , 08:13   Re: [TF2] Be The Giant Deflector Heavy
Reply With Quote #106

After running all Giant plugins for a couple of days I'm happy to report that the only error I occasionally get is this one:

L 08/29/2014 - 07:07:22: [SM] Native "CreateNative" reported: Fatal error creating dynamic native!
L 08/29/2014 - 07:07:22: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "bedeflector.smx":
L 08/29/2014 - 07:07:22: [SM] [0] Line 60, bedeflector.sp::AskPluginLoad2()

It sometimes occurs when the plugin loads.

Other than that one error, it's smooth sailing!
Pelipoika
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2014 , 08:41   Re: [TF2] Be The Giant Deflector Heavy
Reply With Quote #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
After running all Giant plugins for a couple of days I'm happy to report that the only error I occasionally get is this one:

L 08/29/2014 - 07:07:22: [SM] Native "CreateNative" reported: Fatal error creating dynamic native!
L 08/29/2014 - 07:07:22: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "bedeflector.smx":
L 08/29/2014 - 07:07:22: [SM] [0] Line 60, bedeflector.sp::AskPluginLoad2()

It sometimes occurs when the plugin loads.

Other than that one error, it's smooth sailing!
If you are running "Jaster's" beairpy plugin, it conflicts with the bedeflectors natives as they both try to create a natives that are called
BeDeflector_MakeDeflector
BeDeflector_IsDeflector

So Jaster pls fix "your" plugin.
Meanwhile you can just remove the beairpy plugin and the error shouldnt happen.
Assuming you are running it in the first place
Old 08-29-2014 , 13:19   Re: [TF2] Be The Giant Deflector Heavy
Reply With Quote #108

Ok Giant Airblast Pyro should now be fixed, i tested it myself in game and no errors of any kind while using every giant on server including the deflector.

Edit: Currently theres some issues with Giant Charged Rapid-fire flare gun pyro (aka bepygun)

The issue is changing from it to another class causes a error in log, i will fix this so do not post about this error as i already know.

Edit 2: Giants with backstabs now fixed, Normal Giants take 3 Bs to kill, samurai demo only takes 1. And Major Crits Atomic Will take 7-9, MCA is currently unreleased but will be 1st super giant.
Attached Files
File Type: smx beairpy.smx (11.1 KB, 100 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (beairpy.sp - 98 views - 13.1 KB)

Last edited by Jaster; 08-29-2014 at 23:29.
awesome144
Old 08-31-2014 , 20:45   Re: [TF2] Be The Giant Deflector Heavy
Reply With Quote #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaster View Post
Ok Giant Airblast Pyro should now be fixed, i tested it myself in game and no errors of any kind while using every giant on server including the deflector.

Edit: Currently theres some issues with Giant Charged Rapid-fire flare gun pyro (aka bepygun)

The issue is changing from it to another class causes a error in log, i will fix this so do not post about this error as i already know.

Edit 2: Giants with backstabs now fixed, Normal Giants take 3 Bs to kill, samurai demo only takes 1. And Major Crits Atomic Will take 7-9, MCA is currently unreleased but will be 1st super giant.

L 08/31/2014 - 192:12: [SM] Native "GetEntProp" reported: Property "m_iWeaponS
tate" not found (entity 246/tf_weapon_flaregun)
L 08/31/2014 - 192:12: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "bepygun.sm
x":
L 08/31/2014 - 192:12: [SM] [0] Line 347, bepygun.sp::OnPlayerRunCmd()
x":
x":
x":

This just happens when using the flare gun and it seems to happen with any weapon. When performing this command as the pyro, it still spams that in the server console and lags the server completely unless we change class or leave.

Last edited by awesome144; 08-31-2014 at 20:52.
Michalplyoutube
Veteran Member
Old 09-01-2014 , 07:31   Re: [TF2] Be The Giant Deflector Heavy
Reply With Quote #110

That would be awsome if you could add customization in config to make other giants and tutorial for configure it there should be

class
path to model
weapon attributes
health
speed
extra stuff...