Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[ANY] AFK Manager (Version 4.3.0 / Updated July 2nd 2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2012 , 10:22   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.4.3 / Updated June 3rd 2011)
Reply With Quote #1061

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixmark View Post
Ahh ok. I have just compiled with debug enabled and set it to log to file and will see how it goes for a bit... I probably can try setting myseld idle and see what happens. Will post back asap.

I have lately seen a large amount of players joining a game, playing for a few mins then they go idle/away for the rest of the map/campaign, unless someone vote kicks them. So need to no if it works etc.

Edit: On testing I cant see anything wrong with it as of yet... i let it manually set me idle and it kicked after my defined time and then I used the "take a break" option in the ESC menu and that also kicked me after defined time.

Tested also from spectate via spectate <player> command that also kicked me after my defined time so from what I can tell and have seen my end this works fine

Well as I said for 99% of people I don't believe there is an issue, however the few having issues that is why i'd need Debug outputs.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
matrixmark
Old 04-28-2012 , 14:29   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.4.3 / Updated June 3rd 2011)
Reply With Quote #1062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
Well as I said for 99% of people I don't believe there is an issue, however the few having issues that is why i'd need Debug outputs.
Yeah.. the only issue I could see was once people were moved to spec.. how they come out of spec and back into game... I couldnt find a way (pressing "M" does nothing) If I recall I know there was a console command that would make them rejoin the game but I cant remember what it was.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2012 , 18:48   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.4.3 / Updated June 3rd 2011)
Reply With Quote #1063

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixmark View Post
Yeah.. the only issue I could see was once people were moved to spec.. how they come out of spec and back into game... I couldnt find a way (pressing "M" does nothing) If I recall I know there was a console command that would make them rejoin the game but I cant remember what it was.
Which mod is this? The only mod that seemed to have a issue with this type of thing was TF2 in Arena mode where players are in effect "Spectators" most of the time but not classed as a "Spectator" in the sense they are on the Spectator team.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
moxie2020
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2012 , 15:51   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.4.3 / Updated June 3rd 2011)
Reply With Quote #1064

I am trying to use AFK manager in conjuction with Auto Despectate to move afk players to spectator and then de-spectate them onto the blue team on my idle server so there are always plenty of idling targets.

The problem it is not kicking them to AFK unless they leave spawn and sit outside of it. They are constantly getting blown up in spawn so it appears its resetting the timer even though they have not moved. I tried disabling the spawn timer in hopes the regular move timer would move them once it is reached but it is not triggering either.

I swore it was working at one point the only major change I made was removing the freeze cam time by using sm_cvar spec_freeze_time 0 . I thought maybe this acts as a client command? Thus restarting the timer on death?
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 05-17-2012 , 07:10   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.4.3 / Updated June 3rd 2011)
Reply With Quote #1065

You probably want the Spawn AFK Timer as it will speed up the process if it can detect the spawn location.

Sometimes the spawn location moves because of the fact you spawn above the ground or similar which is where the "threshold" value comes into effect. It allows a player to get bumped or similar and still be marked as AFK.
rowedahelicon
Old 05-25-2012 , 02:00   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.4.3 / Updated June 3rd 2011)
Reply With Quote #1066

I have this plugin on my server and occasionally it causes a huge backup of lag and causes it to slow down. I know it's this because I took it off and it had stopped. We NEED this plugin because of how it cleans gameplay.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2012 , 10:22   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.4.3 / Updated June 3rd 2011)
Reply With Quote #1067

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowedahelicon View Post
I have this plugin on my server and occasionally it causes a huge backup of lag and causes it to slow down. I know it's this because I took it off and it had stopped. We NEED this plugin because of how it cleans gameplay.
ok, any idea of when it happens like is there specific circumstances that cause the lag?
rowedahelicon
Old 05-27-2012 , 16:25   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.4.3 / Updated June 3rd 2011)
Reply With Quote #1068

Quote:
ok, any idea of when it happens like is there specific circumstances that cause the lag?
No clue, I'm guessing when a lot of people are afk. It's on a saxton hale server so meh tier players come by every day.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2012 , 18:38   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.4.3 / Updated June 3rd 2011)
Reply With Quote #1069

How many players on the server?
rowedahelicon
Old 05-29-2012 , 01:12   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.4.3 / Updated June 3rd 2011)
Reply With Quote #1070

Quote:
How many players on the server?
Usually full, 24 ish