Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.8)

Post New Thread Reply   

The CandyMan
Old 10-03-2013 , 21:30   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.8)
Reply With Quote #1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
Candyman, when I tried using the Quake sound plugin along with saysounds, the saysounds plugin either didn't work or was glitchy....just a FYI
Thought about that so I just now removed the quake sound plugin. No joy. Still no sound from the say sound file that is played on my computer.
The CandyMan
Old 10-03-2013 , 22:57   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.8)
Reply With Quote #1052

Since I removed Quake Sounds plugin the JoinSound plays just fine (add a welcome.wav file to the misc folder then changed it to another wav file and both worked fine) YET if you type any word in chat that is suppose to say a sound, it shows the message x played x(the file) BUT you only hear a click noise (notice this on a client computer connect to my server as well) The sound files (all wavs at the moment) are all in the same folder as the welcome.wav file. Even if I setup in the config file a say sound with the exact same wav as the welcome wav (in the exact same folder in this case misc/x.wav) IT still does not work. So I don't know if it narrows it down but any ideas or suggestion would be great. This is driving me nuts to be honest lol.

Last edited by The CandyMan; 10-03-2013 at 22:59.
The CandyMan
Old 10-06-2013 , 06:49   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.8)
Reply With Quote #1053

Well seems I found the issue or rather figured out what was going on. The plugin is working perfect. The problem is that when at the spawn point (for CT which usually my favorite team) in cs_office the sounds are so quiet that I wasn't hearing them at all until I approached the building on the map. The sounds are still very quiet but audible. Tried increase the gain/volume of some of the wav files which helped a bit but is there another way to increase the volume within the plugin? Great plugin though big thanks takes me back to when I owned a gaming cafe back in the 90's/00's and CS 1.6 was very popular there. Ran a mod/plugin similar to this with adminmod and everyone loved it. My boys (all 3) love this plugin! But any suggestions to increase the volume so the say sounds can be heard better?
Snack Patrol
Old 10-27-2013 , 21:28   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.8)
Reply With Quote #1054

Hey guys, so I'd been using this plug-in in TF2 for probably a year+ flawlessly. However, after the SteamPipe update I believe, it mysteriously stopped working completely. Here is the error I'm getting from the logs:

Quote:
[SM] Unable to load plugin "saysounds.smx": Required extension "Sound Info Library" file("soundlib.ext") not running
Now, the weird part is, I have another server, a Linux server (they're both Linux servers), with an almost identical configuration and yet the plug-in works fine on this 2nd server. It doesn't make any sense.

I started browsing around the Sound Info Library Extension thread trying to find some answers but I couldn't really find anything I found helpful. There was some stuff about installing libraries/packages/dependencies that I barely understood, and I would have pursued them further, but then I saw the date on those posts were from like many months before the SteamPipe update. So I assumed they wouldn't be helpful to me.

Can anyone help me get this plug-in working again? I'd be really really appreciative. I spent a lot of time on custom sounds, especially round end sounds. Thanks guys.

Last edited by Snack Patrol; 10-27-2013 at 21:28.
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2013 , 06:38   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.8)
Reply With Quote #1055

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snack Patrol View Post
Hey guys, so I'd been using this plug-in in TF2 for probably a year+ flawlessly. However, after the SteamPipe update I believe, it mysteriously stopped working completely. Here is the error I'm getting from the logs:

Now, the weird part is, I have another server, a Linux server (they're both Linux servers), with an almost identical configuration and yet the plug-in works fine on this 2nd server. It doesn't make any sense.

I started browsing around the Sound Info Library Extension thread trying to find some answers but I couldn't really find anything I found helpful. There was some stuff about installing libraries/packages/dependencies that I barely understood, and I would have pursued them further, but then I saw the date on those posts were from like many months before the SteamPipe update. So I assumed they wouldn't be helpful to me.

Can anyone help me get this plug-in working again? I'd be really really appreciative. I spent a lot of time on custom sounds, especially round end sounds. Thanks guys.
Did you install the Extension? It is provided in the zip file,so I assume you did. But is it working?

Type sm exts list in your Serverconsole and show output
Old 10-28-2013 , 10:54   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.8)
Reply With Quote #1056

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snack Patrol View Post

The mandatory requirements for an extension aren't going to change when TF2 does. Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) is still going to be required for Windows servers.

Likewise, 32-bit libz1 on Linux is still mandatory.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-28-2013 at 10:56.
Snack Patrol
Old 10-28-2013 , 18:18   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.8)
Reply With Quote #1057

Quote:
Originally Posted by micazoid View Post
Did you install the Extension? It is provided in the zip file,so I assume you did. But is it working?

Type sm exts list in your Serverconsole and show output
Yeah, it's installed. I'd even tried like a bunch of different versions of it to no avail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
The mandatory requirements for an extension aren't going to change when TF2 does. Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) is still going to be required for Windows servers.

Likewise, 32-bit libz1 on Linux is still mandatory.
Ah, ok. I don't think I have permissions to install libraries like that, since I go through a hosting company. Should I just tell them to install the "32-bit libz1 on Linux" library or something? And do you have a link? (Sorry if I'm getting the terminology incorrect, I barely know what it is I'm installing haha).
robotortoise
Old 11-16-2013 , 20:30   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.8)
Reply With Quote #1058

Can someone please reply to this and help me out? I've taken over Snack Patrol's duties as (a) server admin, and I need an answer.

Thanks.

-Robotortoise, who just wants his custom sounds back
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-18-2013 , 12:13   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.8)
Reply With Quote #1059

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotortoise View Post
Can someone please reply to this and help me out? I've taken over Snack Patrol's duties as (a) server admin, and I need an answer.

Thanks.

-Robotortoise, who just wants his custom sounds back
The installation instructions for 32-bit libz1 are going to vary depending on which Linux distribution the host is using.

For Ubuntu (and Debian?), it's something like

Code:
apt-get install libz1:i386
(this installs zlib1g:i386 instead on newer systems)

For Redhat/CentOS/Fedora, it's something like
Code:
yum install zlib.i686

Last edited by Powerlord; 11-18-2013 at 12:14.
robotortoise
Old 11-19-2013 , 20:37   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.8)
Reply With Quote #1060

So I just send this to my server host? We're hosting with gameservers.com