Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Hλlf-Life : Zombie Mod v0.0.2

Post New Thread Reply   

KylTRaQ
Old 06-03-2010 , 18:01   Re: Hλlf-Life : Zombie Mod
Reply With Quote #91

OK, I'm getting the same error as FeelMy[x]RhiThm. How did I setup the server:

1. Downloaded HLDSUpdateTool and through it donwloaded a clean valve server (also called HLDM). So as you can guess - I'm using the lastest version 4554 from March 8 2010.
2. Downloaded and installed amx mod x and metamod.
3. Added dproto so both p47/48 can enter and to have working steamid-s.
4. Added and configured the zombiemod plugin.
5. Added anti-egon plugin and a modification of the same plugin to remove the long jump item.
6. Added Anti_Self-Gauss and High Ping Kicker too.

I've tried leaving only Zombie Mod plugin, but the server is crashing with the same error. The crash occurs more often, when there are a lot of players (if I have 8 or more players online, I cannot even play a whole 20 min map). If there are 2-3 players it crashes every second map.

Using the server under Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit (I believe the user above with the same error is using XP 32Bit), with the following command line parameters:

-heapsize 500000 -console -autoupdate -num_edicts 4096 -pingboost 2 +mapchangecfgfile "mapchange.cfg" +maxplayers 12 +map stalkyard -port 27018 -sport 27035 +ip <MY IP HERE, BUT I DON'T WANT TO SHOW IT>

Please tell me what am I doing wrong. Thanks in advance!
Anggara_nothing
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2010 , 01:11   Re: Hλlf-Life : Zombie Mod
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylTRaQ View Post
OK, I'm getting the same error as FeelMy[x]RhiThm. How did I setup the server:

1. Downloaded HLDSUpdateTool and through it donwloaded a clean valve server (also called HLDM). So as you can guess - I'm using the lastest version 4554 from March 8 2010.
2. Downloaded and installed amx mod x and metamod.
3. Added dproto so both p47/48 can enter and to have working steamid-s.
4. Added and configured the zombiemod plugin.
5. Added anti-egon plugin and a modification of the same plugin to remove the long jump item.
6. Added Anti_Self-Gauss and High Ping Kicker too.

I've tried leaving only Zombie Mod plugin, but the server is crashing with the same error. The crash occurs more often, when there are a lot of players (if I have 8 or more players online, I cannot even play a whole 20 min map). If there are 2-3 players it crashes every second map.

Using the server under Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit (I believe the user above with the same error is using XP 32Bit), with the following command line parameters:

-heapsize 500000 -console -autoupdate -num_edicts 4096 -pingboost 2 +mapchangecfgfile "mapchange.cfg" +maxplayers 12 +map stalkyard -port 27018 -sport 27035 +ip <MY IP HERE, BUT I DON'T WANT TO SHOW IT>

Please tell me what am I doing wrong. Thanks in advance!
Try to remove -heapsize 500000 and tell me the result.
Edit: dproto is illegal.
KylTRaQ
Old 06-04-2010 , 03:03   Re: Hλlf-Life : Zombie Mod
Reply With Quote #93

I've put the -heapsize line cause it was crashing. The result is the same. So you are telling me, that dproto is the cause? I'm using in on another server, that is running clean hldm mod aka valve mod and there is no problem with it. Cause most of my friends are using non-steam version of HL Client and I want em to be able to play with me.

Last edited by KylTRaQ; 06-04-2010 at 04:05.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:25
Anggara_nothing
This message has been deleted by Anggara_nothing.
KylTRaQ
Old 06-04-2010 , 05:06   Re: Hλlf-Life : Zombie Mod
Reply With Quote #94

Tryied it. Same error.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:19
Anggara_nothing
This message has been deleted by Anggara_nothing.
KylTRaQ
Old 06-04-2010 , 05:30   Re: Hλlf-Life : Zombie Mod
Reply With Quote #95

Forgot to mention that I've started using the plugin since version 9.2. Just saying this, cause I'm not sure what are you changing in the source code. Waiting for more players to connect.

EDIT: OK, didn't work again. Same error with 12 ppl online. But this time ppl say it is not dark, they see with normal brightness. It is this way for me too, but after a few seconds of moving when I connect it becomes dark again.

Last edited by KylTRaQ; 06-04-2010 at 06:26.
yamani
Old 06-04-2010 , 07:42   Re: Hλlf-Life : Zombie Mod
Reply With Quote #96

thanks
Anggara_nothing
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2010 , 08:26   Re: Hλlf-Life : Zombie Mod
Reply With Quote #97

Quote:
Forgot to mention that I've started using the plugin since version 9.2. Just saying this, cause I'm not sure what are you changing in the source code. Waiting for more players to connect.

EDIT: OK, didn't work again. Same error with 12 ppl online. But this time ppl say it is not dark, they see with normal brightness. It is this way for me too, but after a few seconds of moving when I connect it becomes dark again.
I dont know what causes this problem. But, i will try to fix that.
I have optimize this plug-in. If still bugged, try to disable zombie nightvision. Tell me the result.

Edit : add -debug in the command line

Last edited by Anggara_nothing; 06-05-2010 at 21:05.
KylTRaQ
Old 06-05-2010 , 04:08   Re: Hλlf-Life : Zombie Mod
Reply With Quote #98

OK, sorry for the delay but I wasn't at home last night. So - tried the new source, but still the same error. Even with night vision off. Added the -debug command in the server shortcut, but in the log file is still the same:

L 06/04/2010 - 21:08:49: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Cache_TryAlloc: 281424 is greater then free hunk

I've noticed, that the server dir is full of steam mini-dump files if that is going to help. BTW do you have any idea what might be the cause of the problem? The caching system or? Dunno. The code seems correct.

EDIT: I've noticed, that with the last version of the source a bug appeared - when you are playing as Zombie and reconnect the server (console commands retry or reconnect) you spawn as a zombie, but holding a gun. You cannot pick anything, but you still have a 9mmHandgun equipped.

EDIT2: Can you leave only two sounds per state? Two for idle, two for spawn, two for pain and two for die. I think the sounds are messing the free hunk.

Last edited by KylTRaQ; 06-05-2010 at 13:42.
Anggara_nothing
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2010 , 21:12   Re: Hλlf-Life : Zombie Mod
Reply With Quote #99

Quote:
OK, sorry for the delay but I wasn't at home last night. So - tried the new source, but still the same error. Even with night vision off. Added the -debug command in the server shortcut, but in the log file is still the same:

L 06/04/2010 - 21:08:49: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Cache_TryAlloc: 281424 is greater then free hunk

I've noticed, that the server dir is full of steam mini-dump files if that is going to help. BTW do you have any idea what might be the cause of the problem? The caching system or? Dunno. The code seems correct.
Post the logs.

Quote:
EDIT: I've noticed, that with the last version of the source a bug appeared - when you are playing as Zombie and reconnect the server (console commands retry or reconnect) you spawn as a zombie, but holding a gun. You cannot pick anything, but you still have a 9mmHandgun equipped.
Okay, i reset my code.

Quote:
EDIT2: Can you leave only two sounds per state? Two for idle, two for spawn, two for pain and two for die. I think the sounds are messing the free hunk.
Maybe that sounds cause free hunk problem. you can decrease the sounds by yourself.

I post beta plug-in here. If error still show, try to disable zombie and human spawn sound, and human/zombie idle sound.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (zsm_hl.sma - 488 views - 23.3 KB)
KylTRaQ
Old 06-06-2010 , 03:06   Re: Hλlf-Life : Zombie Mod
Reply With Quote #100

OK. Downloaded entirely clean HLDS valve mod instalation and put only your plugin and zombie_damage plugin. Without disabled sounds it crashed with the same error again. I'm testing it with disabled custom and spawn sounds ATM. I'm attaching the generated after the crash valve log file and steam mini-dump file.

EDIT: OK. Just crashed with custom and spawn sounds turned off. It is not the sounds... Same error again. Uploaded the errors with no sounds.

EDIT2:
I've noticed something in common between the logs. Each time before a crash there is a line with new player connected or old one reconnected. And after 2-3 seconds - BAM... crash.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Errors.zip (14.5 KB, 87 views)
File Type: zip Errors-no-sound.zip (14.6 KB, 98 views)

Last edited by KylTRaQ; 06-06-2010 at 03:39.