Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

View Poll Results: What do you think of Mattie's MugMod?
Great/Brilliant 25 47.17%
Good 12 22.64%
Okay 5 9.43%
Boring 4 7.55%
Terrible/Stupid 7 13.21%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Mattie's MugMod, NewbieBoost, GrenadeFest - Updated Mar13

Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2005 , 12:20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoin
Thank you, works great now !
[...]
Thank you for your very rapid action and response - very appreciated =)
No problem-- thanks for reporting the problem! Sounds like there aren't a lot of people using NewbieBoost on Linux if the problem has been around since Mar11 or so. ;)

Let me know if you have any more problems.

Thanks,
-Mattie
Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2005 , 22:01   Mattie's Plugin Forum

If you were listening to this thread for updates from me, now you can get status for any individual plugin you care about. I will try to keep up with this old thread, but please try to use the new forum for getting updates or posting questions, bug reports, help, etc.

Mattie's Plugins forum:
http://mattie.info/cs/forums

Thanks!
-Mattie
Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2005 , 22:19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax
hey mattie great plug-ins. first here are some requests [it's a windows server btw]...

- [grenadefest] when used in conjunction with mugmod, a player who gets mugged doesn't get grenades the next round. is that by design?

- [grenadefest] i want to second that emotion for variables that restrict smoke or flash grenades. otherwise it's like ray charles playing CS. currently i use Beetle's weapon restrictions to solve the problem, but you should have your own.

- [grenadefest] another request for pistol removal or a workaround

- [grenadefest] another request to remove chat announcement

- [mugmod] another request to remove trash talk on mugs. the "OWNED" sound rocks though!

- [mugmod] minor request to mute the knife select [unsheath] sound... it gives away the surprise.

- [newbieboost] need a workaround for 0-1 players from getting boosted. basically almost everyone gets the boost in the first few rounds. maybe tie in a roundcount variable, like it doesn't start boosting until the 3rd or 5th round or something.

[edit] one more
- [grenadefest] suppression of "fire in the hole"?
[/edit]

anyway, good stuff. mugmod has had the greatest impact on our LAN games. we are all so eager to stick our buddies that we get greedy with the knife and often the tables get turned in seemingly easy-kill situations. i'm big on gameplay customizations are yours are nicely creative.
Ajax, thanks for all of the great suggestions and pleasant comments. I've added most of them to my feature lists over in my new forum:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=71

Check out the NewbieBoost bug list for a possible workaround to the NewbieBoost round-delay request. I haven't tried it, but it might be possible to manage this with EventScripts.

Thanks, again for the great suggestions. Sorry for the delays in responding.
-Mattie
Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 03-23-2005 , 23:27   Quick fix for latest Valve breakage on 3/23

Latest Valve update on 2005-03-23 broke MugMod, GrenadeFest, and NewbieBoost money handling. To fix them, just add the corresponding server variable to your autoexec.cfg file:

mugmod_cflags 870
grenadefest_cflags 870
newbie_cflags 870

Thanks,
-Mattie
Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2005 , 08:05   New forums

FYI-- due to the high volume of posts on my plugins (almost 5000), I've had to start organizing the discussion into many separate forums. I'll be happy to answer questions on this thread or the "Mattie's Plugins" forum on this site, but I recommend you post new questions here:

http://www.mattie.info/cs/forums

-Mattie