Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] MatchMod

Post New Thread Reply   

Hawkeye-
Old 02-14-2010 , 15:07   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #91

Not sure I 100% understand the issue on stopwatch, it play through both rounds, then continued in the match cycle?

As far as that command, yes they will be available shortly, the feature will become part of the Match Manager companion plugin. How that will function is a CVAR will be set to 1 if it's an actual match (league config) and not allow players to modify team names at all.

The rest of the Manager plugin will have a MySQL backup to authenticate players, and report match results to a DB. Fundamentally a league setup in a box. Which is more then most of you are likely needing, but the CVAR will be allowed to be modified as all it will fundamentally do is prevent the teamnames from changing and cause matchmod to through a custom event with the results.
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 02-14-2010 , 18:39   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameless View Post
We ran stopwatch mode which was great! However when the one team won the match and it ended there was still time left on the map. This made it so everyone was running around still able to kill each other but we had to wait til the normal maptime was finished. Is there anything I can do to change this? Can I make it so if a stopwatch match is won it considers it map end?
Thanks for helping me sort this out, Hawkeye. So other folks know it was that I neglected to add mp_tournament 0 in my server.cfg file and I also didn't turn off mapchooser. It wasn't the plugins fault but a fault of my own.
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-17-2010 , 18:33   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #93

Hawkeye --

Thanks for this plugin. It is well designed. I'm not a prevalent comp. player, but I'm looking to see if this may help me in a sort of PUG manner. Please excuse if some of my questions are already of common knowledge, but here goes:

1. I'd like to specify a set of maps and their order. Currently, I always have to edit maplist.txt. eg. 4 maps in the following order: cp_gravelpit, pl_badwater, ctf_impact2, avanti_b1

Does your plugin allow for this as I did not see such a switch?

2. Can non-standard league maps be used? eg. use CEVO.cfg but run pl_ maps and the example avanti_b1 map above. (I have a feeling you'll say no).

3. Lastly, would you be willing to put up a little Step by Step example of actual ingame usage? Such as upon starting the server, entering it and what the admin will need to execute. Not saying I don't understand your layout, but would help envision what is done. ie. Start the server, execute war mode, change to desired 1st map, perform !ready, play map 1, map 2, map 3, execute something to stop, ....?

Thanks in advance.
Hawkeye-
Old 02-18-2010 , 05:59   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #94

Hello MjrNut,

Let me take the questions one at a time, I think you'll be preasantly surprised :-)

Quote:
1. I'd like to specify a set of maps and their order. Currently, I always have to edit maplist.txt. eg. 4 maps in the following order: cp_gravelpit, pl_badwater, ctf_impact2, avanti_b1
One MP_tournament 1 is enabled, the maplist really isn't processed, typically after a PUG, I use the !map chat trigger to jump maps.

Quote:
2. Can non-standard league maps be used? eg. use CEVO.cfg but run pl_ maps and the example avanti_b1 map above. (I have a feeling you'll say no).
Yes, all Payload maps will default to Stopwatch, avanti_b1 since it does not use the common prefix (cp, pl, plr, etc) will default to the push config (like Badlands/Granary).

As a note PLR_ will default to Push scoring at the moment, I only played it once honestly so not sure how the scoring even works.

Quote:
3. Lastly, would you be willing to put up a little Step by Step example of actual ingame usage? Such as upon starting the server, entering it and what the admin will need to execute. Not saying I don't understand your layout, but would help envision what is done. ie. Start the server, execute war mode, change to desired 1st map, perform !ready, play map 1, map 2, map 3, execute something to stop, ....?
Yes, I have a partially completed video post, but my most recent updated made a bit of outdated, so I will be re-recording this today now that I am over my cold. I will post something here once it is released.

As far as PUG go, the default configs will be the Pug setup (designed around 6v6), this is defined my the matchmod_league CVAR which defaults to pug.

Also, you will want a mp_tournament undo config for the idle config. I will include an example in the next release, but it may require a bit of editing for each individual configuration.
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-18-2010 , 18:22   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #95

I am very please with your response. Thanks for your time.

1. So would it be too much a challenge to request a feature for a file to be designated as the map rotation?

I understand your use of !map. For me, I'd probably use !setnextmap (iirc) as early as possible so I don't have to remember near the end, and then get buggered.

2. Awesome. I will have to test a PL_ map for how the scoring works.

3. That would be a great asset for you to provide, a video tutorial. I'm also getting over a head cold. Green Phlegm FTW! (not)

Since tournament cvars are being used to set class limits, is it possible to disable that? I guess, would removing any value for a tf_tournament_class like the following

Quote:
tf_tournament_classlimit_scout ""
mean no class limit?

I have to study up more on your undo config. I'm not sure I get it just yet.

Thanks very much for your reply.
Hawkeye-
Old 02-18-2010 , 20:51   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #96

tf_tournament_classlimit_scout "-1" will disable the class limit.

basically the idle config takes most of the CVARs of the league config and drops them back to the default values for your servers normal operation. So I set mp_tournament "0" and so forth.

Payload maps score at Gravelpit so the stopwatch is active.
Pacmaney
Old 02-20-2010 , 22:55   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #97

I've been having some issues with this lately, alltalk isn't automatically disabled when the match goes live and sometimes it freezes at the end of the first half.
Old 02-21-2010 , 07:50   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacmaney View Post
I've been having some issues with this lately, alltalk isn't automatically disabled when the match goes live and sometimes it freezes at the end of the first half.
Can you toss up a list of plugins "sm plugins list"

Can you be more specific then freezes, the entire game locks for all players, or a client?
Pacmaney
Old 02-21-2010 , 11:39   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #99

Sure,

sm plugins list
adminhelp
adminmenu
adminflatfile
basebans
basecommands
matchmod

At the end of the first half we were tied 3-3 and when the timer hit zero everyone froze in place and the half didn't reset. It was like someone had stopped the timer and used sm_freeze on everyone.
Old 02-21-2010 , 12:35   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #100

What version of Sourcemod are you running, I compiled the latest release under 1.3, so make sure your either at 1.3 or recompile the mod under 1.2.

Plugins shouldn't be causing an issue based on that list. Does this happen repeatedly?