Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Bane:The Anti-Cheat(Formerly known as AMXXGuard):dev thread:

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Neo-Vortex
Old 09-09-2004 , 08:01  

Quote:
Originally Posted by |2ob
plz get back on topic. keep up the good work Blood :+) VAC does do a ok job, just handed out another mass ban :+)

gotta love it, why dont u ask valve for a list too so those insecure servers can use your pluggie
or even better, some way of sending the steamid to them and them telling you if its banned or not (like whenever someone joins) cause downloading the entire vac banlist would take awhile also it does get updated you know
narcussist
Old 09-09-2004 , 15:12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Vortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcussist
i would prefer to use linux as my server os, but amxx 0.2 is not stable quite yet on it, plus i am renting my server, so i am just using what they give me

but yes i think it is because it is on win xp pro, but hey didnt update it to sp2 so that may be a prob too
he he, sp2 causes more problems than it fixes...

also, why use 0.20 then? use 0.16, also, i would have to say on linux it would be more stable than windows just for the fact that everything on linux is more stable especially since the actual os is stable... unlike windows...
Myself i prefer nix, but he wont put it on the box, and for the price i have it at i cant afford to go elseware for a server
Veteran Member
Old 09-10-2004 , 14:23  

I've had few to no problems with SP2, when it comes to servers it's just annoying because it enables the windows firewall by default and automatic updates by default. Automatic update should be scheduled for server hosting during non-peak hours, like 2-3 AM, and windows firewall should actually be enabled however should allow game server ports to communicate.
[vito] ASS |2APE|2 |PSK|
Old 09-12-2004 , 17:38  

just got 2 more hackers on my server today (wasnt in server) so my clan member were yelling at me that there was a hacker... (dont let members have admin because servers arnt free and there admin wont be so that explain why they couldnt do anything) i put HL guard on server to hopefully get rid of some hackers!!! back to my question 30 posts ago lol... is there a website that we can look at to see progress of the project.

BTW: i wouldnt mind hosting this project on my server if yall need a test server to run this plugin off of (server is in dallas from www.texasgameservers.com) so it is a awsome server

AIM me at: TexasRushin

I wouldnt mind at all :-D
www.vitoland.com Home Of Many Awesome Servers
Send a message via AIM to [vito] ASS |2APE|2 |PSK|
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2004 , 21:29  

As of right now, there is no web site for the project, we decided that until at least a beta is released for the very reason of that question, we don't need 300 posts about "when will this be done" before we even have a beta, or even alpha. But rest assured, there WILL be one, forum, website and all. There's no point in posting problems about something that doesn't exist completely yet. But again rest assured, the plugin is being worked on constantly. The plugin does have small preliminary portions that are tested every so often on small private servers. However are not going to be released yet due to the fact that they're not done yet.
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2004 , 23:11  

Well...since I apparently have an uncanny ability to attract irony into my life, JRBLOODMIST (Lead Programmer), recently PM'd me saying the first Alpha is nearing completion. Now with that note, we politely ask a Moderator or Administrator to please lock this thread. This also means that we will be working on a new forum and website for the development of Bane. These will be posted at a later date, until them the site and forum that will be done will be closed to testers and developers only. Once a public beta is released the forums and website will be released to the public, but only then. This info will be posted at a later date.

Again, moderators or administrators PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD.
Closed Thread