Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported

Post New Thread Reply   

AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2009 , 10:34   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #351

Is someone capable of signature scanning aboard? I've managed to compile this for Metamod 1.8 and L4D2 but the L4D signatures (= SDK Calls) dont match

EDIT:

And dont give me the "Virtual Adresses" link, i know that, we need the stuff in the gamedata file for left4dead2

Last edited by AtomicStryker; 11-18-2009 at 10:43.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2009 , 19:47   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #352

Just wanted to let everyone know that a certain someone (will keep his name anonymous so people don't PM him with requests for now) has informed me he was able to update the sigs for Linux and that the extension will work (at least for getting >8 players) in L4D2. We might not see that until SM is "publically" released though. I know I haven't even seen it yet myself .

Wouldn't mind if someone did the work for Windows though . Will try and see if I can fix a few outstanding issues on this before releasing an L4D2 compatibility.
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-19-2009 , 05:38   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #353

Windows is already done. See: L4DToolz
Can you ask him to modify this extension so that it reports 7/8 players to the master server while the server is not MAXPLAYERS/MAXPLAYERS.
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-19-2009 , 12:39   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #354

Once you have this "detail" ironed out, I'm in a position to test Linux ASAP. The only error I get is:

"vstdlib_i486.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Last edited by Boogieman; 11-19-2009 at 13:04.
Lömmels
Old 11-22-2009 , 06:51   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #355

SM 1.3 has L4D2 Support now^^
Pls release the updatet extension
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 11-22-2009 , 19:37   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR Khat View Post
Windows is already done. See: L4DToolz
Can you ask him to modify this extension so that it reports 7/8 players to the master server while the server is not MAXPLAYERS/MAXPLAYERS.
Ah, cool... too bad there's two separate projects to do the same thing.
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 11-23-2009 , 02:07   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
Ah, cool... too bad there's two separate projects to do the same thing.
It isn't needed. As Lömmels said, sourcemod is now released to the public. Why not release the new linux version?
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 11-23-2009 , 03:18   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that a certain someone (will keep his name anonymous so people don't PM him with requests for now) has informed me he was able to update the sigs for Linux and that the extension will work (at least for getting >8 players) in L4D2. We might not see that until SM is "publically" released though. I know I haven't even seen it yet myself .
From what i could tell the linux Signatures don't need updating
Sherb^Mo
Old 11-23-2009 , 07:08   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogieman View Post
Once you have this "detail" ironed out, I'm in a position to test Linux ASAP. The only error I get is:

"vstdlib_i486.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
Same yeah I'll be up for testing on linux srcds, but just give these nice people some time and we'll be on our way
[X]BetaAlpha
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-23-2009 , 12:04   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #360

Updated Left4Downtown L4D2 Extension (Linux only)

Compiled against Sourcemod 1.3 and Metamod 1.8.

Usage:

As per L4D1 Extension, set "l4d_maxplayers" to your desired value in server.cfg and ensure "sv_visiblemaxplayers" is set to -1.

Source Changes:

* Makefile (hl2sdk-l4d2, mmsource-central, sourcemod-1-3, vstdlib_linux.so and tier0_linux.so)
* Makefile (mkdir detours/codepatch/sdk)
* player_slots.cpp (comment out jz patch, move GameConf->GetMemSig (ConnectClientLobbyCheck) to PatchSlotCheckOnly())
* natives.cpp (zero out scoreA/B, prevent crash.)
* extension.h (enable DEBUG.)
* extension.cpp (GameFolderName = left4dead2.)
* detours/clear_team_scores.cpp (Including bool parameter.)
* detours/clear_team_scores.h (typedef including bool.)
* gamedata/left4downtown.txt (Sigs/Offsets changed.)
* scripting/l4d2_unreserve.sp (for testing lobby reservation removal.)

Working:

1) Unlocked player slots (Max: 18 - Working for Ingame & Server Browser)
2) Detours/Spawn & Campaign Natives working (Exception: L4D_GetCampaignScores)
3) Unreserve is working - Use included l4d2_unreserve.smx/sp

KNOWN ISSUES:

1) Campaign scores in versus are not being reset if a new versus campaign is chosen while in game (Appears to be Valve Bug)
2) L4D_GetCampaignScores currently does not work due to offset changes (asm is very different - probably to reflect new Scavenge Mode)
3) When unreserved, the lobby reports that user is not in a joinable game. This was apparent in L4D1.
4) MaxUsers in Group Server Lobby (No doubt the cause for no steam group joins > 8 Users) - UPDATE: FOUND (in development)

I have identified the Steam Group/Lobby Max players problem - this has been moved to the matchmaking_ds_linux binary. Unfortunately at present Sourcemod does not have the ability to read signatures beyond engine & server libraries, thus being the reason this cannot be fixed easily. (This is currently being looked into where time permits - be patient as I have little time)

Remember this is BETA, and currently only supports Left 4 Dead 2. This has been undergoing testing before the L4D2 release, however didn't seem wise to release anything until the release of SourceMod Stable. There will be an official release sooner or later.

Archive contains both source and binaries - easiest installation method is to place it under left4dead2 and extract it recursively, all files will be extracted into their relevant folders.

-XBetaAlpha 16-18/11/2009.
Attached Files
File Type: gz left4downtown-l4d2-23112009.tar.gz (123.5 KB, 2185 views)