A player zombie can release their victim by using the MELEE button. Supported zombies are the Hunter, Charger, and Jockey.
Updated the gamedata file 08/07/2017 Thanks spirit!
There is a 3 second delay (configurable) on attacks when you jump off, or let go of someone. It just blocks your attack1 and attack2 commands. However, you may see the animations stutter, but after that, it should be normal. V10
provided the gamedata file which calls the game's functions for releasing someone! This is the cleanest way to do it. Thanks so much V10!!
Copy the l4d2_infected_release.txt into your gamedata folder.
Other plugins using this one
The hidden abilities hints plugin has been updated to take advantage of v1.2+: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=96250
- Used AskPluginLoad2 to fail plugin if not L4D2 instead of OnPluginStart.
- Added cvars to adjust the ATTACK1 and 2 delay time. Delete your cfg file so it is recreated.
- When charger lets go, his attack timer is reset to whatever the built in cvar, z_charge_interval, is set to. Thanks V10!
- Fixed logging error. Thanks Skorpion1976!
- Updated 4d2_infected_release.txt
- Adjusted charger attack delay from 3 seconds to 5.
- Fixed and working!!! Thanks V10!
- Doesn't load plugin if not running l4d2 server
- Checks the victim index for 0 before releasing.
- Fixed jockey so he works now
- Charger doesn't get his ability back when he releases. Turn him off for now.
- Renamed plugin
- Added support for hunter and charger
- Added on\off cvar so other plugins can react off this setting
l4d2_infected_release_ver - version of plugin.
l4d2_jockey_dismount_on - Allow jockey to release victim - 1 = on
l4d2_hunter_release_on - Allow hunter to release victim - 1 = on
l4d2_charger_release_on - Allow charger to release victim - 1 = on
l4d2_jockey_attackdelay - After dismounting with the jockey, how long can the player not use attack1 and attack2
l4d2_charger_attackdelay - After dismounting with the charger, how long can the player not use attack1 and attack2
l4d2_hunter_attackdelay - After dismounting with the hunter, how long can the player not use attack1 and attack2