Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

surf_icebob2 plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Server Management        Approver:   Exolent[jNr] (178)
Firippu
Old 11-01-2009 , 23:43   surf_icebob2 plugin
Reply With Quote #1

Description
  1. This plugin makes surf_icebob2 fully playable on any server. The map was made broken on purpose so only a server that had the special made plugin(which is kept private) could serve it.

Fixes
  1. The shootable crosshair target that opens the jail doors
  2. All teleports, also with safe ranged dynamic destinations
  3. Player spawns
  4. Weapons

installation - This plugin is designed to use the map specific plugin method.
  1. Create a new file with shown structure and naming
    PHP Code:
    addons/amxmodx/configs/maps/plugins-surf_icebob2.ini 
  2. Write the plugin file name within the newly created .ini file as shown and save it
    PHP Code:
    surf_icebob2.amxx 

Cvars
  1. sib2_deathmatch <0|1> // Toggles deathmatch -- 0 off -- 1 on // default off
  2. sib2_armoury_delay <#> // Amount of seconds weapon reset will occur, deathmatch must be activated // default 180
  3. sib2_player_delay <#> // Amount of seconds player respawn delays, deathmatch must be activated // default 3

These cvars could be used in conjunction of the map specific config method. Steps are..
  1. Create a new file with shown structure and naming
    PHP Code:
    addons/amxmodx/configs/maps/surf_icebob2.cfg 
  2. Write the cvars and their variables within the newly created .cfg file as shown and save it
    PHP Code:
    sib2_deathmatch 0
    sib2_armoury_delay 180
    sib2_player_delay 3 

Required Modules
  1. hamsandwich
  2. engine
  3. fun

Recommended Addon Plugins
  1. MultiJump

Changelog
Code:
11-01-09 -Initial release.
11-23-09 -Improved weapon code efficiency.
11-29-09 -Spawn points are now moved, instead of moving players after they spawn.
12-01-09 -Misc rearrangements and changes.
01-24-10 -A lot of minor changes. Added weapon reset stats, and double spawn for the neat effect ^^.
01-28-10 -Adjusted a few teleport destination ranges. Added cvar for spawn method. Added a small cooldown for touching weapon models(to prevent some useless cpu usage).
03-18-10 -Removed double spawn and cooldown. Added player respawn wait cvar. Made more optimizations.
07-06-14 -Fixed players getting stuck at teleport destination of moveback2.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (surf_icebob2.sma - 157 views - 9.2 KB)

Last edited by Firippu; 08-12-2021 at 03:35.
KadiR
Unnecessary Member
Old 11-02-2009 , 00:55   Re: surf_icebob2 fix by Firippu
Reply With Quote #2

Cool
Jon
Veteran Member
Old 11-02-2009 , 06:52   Re: surf_icebob2 fix by Firippu
Reply With Quote #3

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=640249
DarkGod
SourceMod DarkCrab
Old 11-02-2009 , 06:54   Re: surf_icebob2 fix by Firippu
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firippu View Post
Before anyone says it...
Yes, I know a fix for this map has already been made by GHW_Chronic, but it is very incomplete and some of his long methods aren't needed. My version is complete and it uses the strings that are associated with the entities as it is made for. In result, no PreThink is used and it's really lite on resources.
Veteran Member
Old 11-02-2009 , 06:58   Re: surf_icebob2 fix by Firippu
Reply With Quote #5

I guess I'm blind.
xPaw
Retired AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 11-02-2009 , 11:59   Re: surf_icebob2 fix by Firippu
Reply With Quote #6

hooking trigger_teleport touch is a bad idea IMO. you can create info_teleport_destination, on origin you want, give it a targetname, and set the target on teleport, that would be good, same for those cycler's teleports, create trigger_teleport's in them

EDIT: I see there is 1 gay spawn, you can hook its spawn and move it to new origin, so you wont need to always reset player's origin, also i think auto respawn doesnt fit into "map fix" plugins.
Old 11-02-2009 , 13:36   Re: surf_icebob2 fix by Firippu
Reply With Quote #7

@Jon,
It's from taking too many PEELS.

@xPaw,
I didn't want to hardcode the teleports because when you enter one it'll face you in one direction only no matter how you entered it, it won't have random destinations either. With my method, how you go in is how you come out, as it is in the xxl servers. Also, this method is a must for moveback and moveback2 or else it would be retarded walking through them and then flying out with a trigger_push trying to emulate how it's supposed to work.

As for the spawns, I suppose there's a better method, although it really won't make a noticeable difference.

I can see why auto respawn doesn't fit under a "map fix", but it's optional so I don't think it's a big deal.
Old 11-03-2009 , 07:11   Re: surf_icebob2 fix by Firippu
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
I didn't want to hardcode the teleports because when you enter one it'll face you in one direction only no matter how you entered it, it won't have random destinations either. With my method, how you go in is how you come out, as it is in the xxl servers. Also, this method is a must for moveback and moveback2 or else it would be retarded walking through them and then flying out with a trigger_push trying to emulate how it's supposed to work.
If you know how to work with entities, it will be easy to fix. I'll take a look on that map later.
Old 11-03-2009 , 12:56   Re: surf_icebob2 fix by Firippu
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPaw View Post
If you know how to work with entities, it will be easy to fix. I'll take a look on that map later.
I'm very good at working with entities. While knowing nothing about amxx scripting, I figured out how the map worked in 2007 and hardcoded a fix into the bsp. In 2008, I made a plugin that had the same method, but I was unhappy with it because the gameplay didn't feel right because the teleports were hardcoded. Then in 2009 I finally figured out how to make the teleports feel like they do in the xxl servers using touch with the atm models. And it seems impossible to spawn a deagle with amxx, so I used touch for the guns, and I believe that the xxl servers uses the same method, I know that they use touch because when you try to pick up a weapon while already carrying one it'll print in chat that you already have a primary weapon and so on. There is very little game play difference with my version and the original one that the xxl servers have.
Old 01-08-2010 , 12:46   Re: surf_icebob2 fix
Reply With Quote #10

nice job! i <3 the map :S