Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[BUG] Admin-only class assigned to regular players on infection

Post New Thread Reply   

usla
Old 08-23-2009 , 06:24   [BUG] Admin-only class assigned to regular players on infection
Reply With Quote #1

I have to report a bug its kind of random bug im using the newest beta 2 sometimes after map change the first zombie is not the usual mother zombie but mother zombie admin wich is strange and everyone who gets infected by the mother zombie admin turns into admin zombie witch is :O

Edit: the classic default zombie was replaced by the mother zombie admin class... version b2-dev , i don't ask for supports just look into it before releasing it

Last edited by usla; 08-23-2009 at 06:54.
usla
Old 08-26-2009 , 07:46   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
// Player is assigned a random class every spawn. [Override: zr_classes_default_*]
// Default: "0"
zr_classes_random "0"

// Admin class assigned to admins on connect. ["random" = Random admin class | "" = Class config default]
// Default: "random"
zr_classes_default_admin "random"

// Human class assigned to players on connect. ["random" = Random human class | "" = Class config default]
zr_classes_default_human "random"

// Zombie class assigned to players on connect. ["random" = Random zombie class | "" = Class config default]
zr_classes_default_zombie "random"
this few commands are useless ?

And if i set it ( zr_classes_default_zombie "" )it should not be random right ?

Last edited by usla; 08-26-2009 at 07:49.
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 08-26-2009 , 08:38   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #3

The default class cvars is for specifying a class name, or predefined settings and is very useful.

If you want a spesific default class on a map you can use a class name. If you leave it blank it will use the first class marked as default in the class config. Note that zombie and human classes are separated.

Of course, if you turn on zr_classes_random there's no point having default classes, so other settings are overridden.

Have a look in the manual at Class Console Variables (3.7.4).

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
usla
Old 08-26-2009 , 09:55   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #4

ok thx
usla
Old 08-27-2009 , 08:20   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #5

This need to be set to 0
Code:
// Save players' class selections in server cookies and restore when connecting. [Override: zr_classes_default_*]
// Default: "1"
zr_classes_save "1"
cause from some reason when its 1 classes get mixed like vip classe admin classes and all other even if u have
zr_classes_default_human "default"
zr_classes_default_zombie "default"

they will still get mixed with other admin/vip/public classes and this causes that bug when zombie mother is a human class and so on so its better to have it turned off
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2009 , 10:34   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #6

There's a conflict where I decided that saved classes has higher priority than default classes. I thought of making that desicion into a cvar. Don't remember if I already did that in a beta 2 snapshot.

You're mentioning a bug where classes get mixed. I'm pretty sure class teams (zombies and humans) aren't mixed, but I know there are some wierd issues about special classes (classes with flags). Haven't had any time to debug those yet.

(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)

Last edited by rhelgeby; 08-27-2009 at 10:44.
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 10-30-2009 , 09:07   Re: [BUG] Admin-only class assigned to regular players on infection
Reply With Quote #7

Update: This bug is fixed and will be released with beta 2 when it's ready. There was a off-by-one class index bug when getting saved cookie values. The class system seems to work 100% now.