automates the process of detecting and punishing players who excessively playback prerecorded audio over in-game VOIP such as with HLSS or HLDJ. The detection technique is derived from an AMX Mod plugin
but extends the basic functionality significantly.
All credit for this plugin goes to the original creator FLOOR_MASTER
. I only added a few new features.
Original Plugin: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=633905
- sm_micspam_threshold default: 3
- How long (in seconds) should I allow transmitting pre-recorded audio before punishment? For example, if you set this value to 0, any micspam will trigger punishment (as long as it's long enough to be caught by the plugin - half a second or so). Setting it higher allows players to play short sounds without punishment.
- sm_micspam_immunity default: 0
- What is the minimum immunity level to bypass being punished for micspamming?
- sm_micspam_punishment default: 0
- What should I do with micspammers? (0 = Mute, 1 = Kick, 2 = Ban)
- sm_micspam_mutemsg default: "was muted due to excessive micspam."
- Message to display to the server when a player is muted for micspam.
- sm_micspam_kickmsg default: "You were kicked due to excessive micspam."
- If sm_micspam_punishment is 1, this specifies the message to show to the kicked player.
- sm_micspam_banmsg default: "Excessive Micspam Violation"
- If sm_micspam_punishment is 2, this specifies the message to show to the banned player.
- sm_micspam_bantime default: 5
- How long should a player be banned for mic spam? (0 = Permanent Ban)
- sm_sourceban_integration default: 0
- Do you want to use SourceBan integration for banning process? (1 = Yes, 0 = No)
- 2008-06-03 - v0.1
- 2008-06-03 - v0.2
- Changed tracking method slightly
- Added sm_micspam_mutemsg
- 2008-06-11 - v0.3
- Added ability to automatically ban as punishment
- 2009-10-22 - v0.4
- Added support for SourceBan banning
- Added ability to auto-generate the cfg file.
- 2010-01-22 - v0.5
- Added proper cvar to track plugin usage.
- Adjusted cfg file, must use the new one and delete old.
- Adjusted mute message to show to entire server.
Notes from Original Author:
- Copy micspam.smx to addons/sourcemod/plugins
- Copy sm_micspambg.cfg to cfg/sourcemod
I have tested this with TF2 and it should work with all Source games, but I am not certain. If you select muting as a punishment and you want to unmute the player, you must first mute the player manually before unmuting the player. This is because basecomm maintains an internal "muted clients" list and thinks that the player Anti-Micspam muted is not actually muted.