Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

TFC skills rank with speed run timer

Post New Thread Reply   

White Bishop
Old 10-08-2009 , 02:48   Re: TFC skills rank with speed run timer
Reply With Quote #71

FYI, I made some small modifications to the way the ranks are calculated basically using the same recorded statistics. The modified plugin is attached.

You can see the associated website at
http://churchofconc.servehalflife.com/stats.html

Below is the description of the skill ranks

1. Uber Concers (Highest Difficulty)

• Uber Concers are ranked by averaging a player's 10 hardest maps. You must complete at least 10 different maps to be considered for Uber status. Each map only counts once, regardless of how many times you finish it. The top Uber Concers are listed with the Elite Concers.
2. Master Concers (Most Maps Finished)
  • Master Concers are ranked by the number of different maps completed. Each map only counts once, regardless of how many times you finish it. The top Master Concers are listed with the Elite Concers..
3. Supreme Concers (Most Points)
  • Completing maps gives you points based on the map difficulty. You can earn points multiple times from the same map. However, points are awarded to each player only once per round to prevent point hoarding on easy maps. The top Supreme Concers are listed with the Elite Concers.
4. Speedruns
  • The fastest Speedrun Records for each map are recorded. In addition, all speedruns are recorded and listed under individual player statistics. Multiple speedruns can be saved for a loaded map. This allows you to continue to lower your speedrun times while others finish the current map.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (skillsrank.sma - 575 views - 81.8 KB)

Last edited by White Bishop; 10-23-2009 at 05:30.
Lt Llama
Old 10-08-2009 , 08:09   Re: TFC skills rank with speed run timer
Reply With Quote #72

That looks like a very accurate description of the differant stats types. FYI i changed the uber count to 100 instead of 10. It was very easy for anyone to just jump in, do 10 hard maps, and be uber for the rest of his life. Having to do 100 is hard, but much better for fair stats. I will spend some time on Skillsrank this weekend, so I hope I can have some juicy updates coming up .

But what did you actually change in how the stats are calculated?

I also noticed you added posme, which I think is good. People have been asking for it.

Last edited by Lt Llama; 10-08-2009 at 08:15.
White Bishop
Old 10-09-2009 , 04:25   Re: TFC skills rank with speed run timer
Reply With Quote #73

Basically the changes include:

1)
No stats are recorded if you use a teleport command (posme posme2 /p etc...) no stats are recorded

2) No stats are recorded if you use noclip to get a new position (although you can use noclip to look around as long as you use the command that returns you to your original starting point)

(Items 1 & 2 are specific to the plugins I use for teleport and noclip but the code can be easily modified for whatever commands you want to prevent. If the user touches the start orb, stats are re-enabled)

3) Modified the Uber Rank so that it is based on the top X hardest maps (10 for now) as oppose to average difficulty of all completed maps. This is so you can play easy maps without hurting your Uber rank as long as you have completed X harder maps. After stats have been recorded for a bit I will likely up X to a larger number. This number is the same as the minimum number of maps required to reach this status.

4) Modified the way the statistic for "number of maps completed". Each map is counted only once regardless of how many times you complete it. Previously each map run was counted as a completed map even if it is the same map as long as it was a different round.

5) Modified the Speedrun so it can be recorded multiple times per round. This allows you to lower your run times while others finish the map.

6) As a result of #5, I added a column 'earnedPoints' 'in the 'skillmaps' table of the database indicating if the map run earned points (you can still only get points once per round). This is really only necessary if you want to be able to show how many points have been earned for each map separately. Also I added a column 'nMap' in the 'skillrank' database the tracks the number of maps completed (where each map counts only once regardless of how many times you beat it). The original column 'nFinnished' tracks the number of map runs (where maps can count more than once but only once per round) but is not reported in my version.

7) Whenever someone joins the server they will now get a message telling them stats are recorded (if they dont use teleport or noclip) and where on the web they can see their stats (my url is hard-coded so you would have to change that as well).

I also had to make changes to the php files as I stated in an earlier post. After those changes they worked great and I just
customized the php files for my site and added a few more.

Awesome plugin Lt Lama. I know you put in a lot of hard work. Thank you and Great Job!

Last edited by White Bishop; 10-23-2009 at 20:16. Reason: added a few changes I forgot about
TYRONE
Old 10-17-2009 , 19:50   Re: TFC skills rank with speed run timer
Reply With Quote #74

me and a few others made a list of suggestions.

- ability to see the time of the person you're spectating.
- on /mapstats show the top 5 or 10 times.
- no need to restart map to update the fastest time.
- a speed run scoreboard, for top speed runners with best times.
- ability to add checkpoints to avoid cheating.
- seperate speed runs for scout/med from soldier/demo.
- no delay from amx_stoptimer.
- slay if you try to use /p or any /posme command while in a speed run.
- ability to add 2 or more sets of speed run balls for maps with multiple courses.
Lt Llama
Old 10-18-2009 , 10:55   Re: TFC skills rank with speed run timer
Reply With Quote #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYRONE View Post
- ability to see the time of the person you're spectating.
I have the code for this. Tested but it was some isssue with it lag-wise. I can take a look at it again.

Quote:
The top5 or 10 of your times or the overall records?

Quote:
Should be added.

Quote:
- seperate speed runs for scout/med from soldier/demo.
This is added.

Quote:
How is /posme cheatable? Isnt it just a matter of blocking speedrunning if you use it?

Quote:
What delay? You mean the 2 seconds you have to wait until you can start a new speedrun?

Quote:
I think it is enough with a block of the command while speedrunning.

Quote:
- ability to add 2 or more sets of speed run balls for maps with multiple courses.
I'm afraid it is to much work to do this for so few maps that it actually would be suitable for. But I could be wrong.

As usual, rl keeps putting out tripmines of stuff to do, so this work got delayed.
Old 10-18-2009 , 19:20   Re: TFC skills rank with speed run timer
Reply With Quote #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Llama View Post
The top5 or 10 of your times or the overall records?
overall records.

Quote:
How is /posme cheatable? Isnt it just a matter of blocking speedrunning if you use it?
there are maps (such as concmap_exist) where there are secrets and such to teleport you further in the map without actually doing the jumps.

Quote:
What delay? You mean the 2 seconds you have to wait until you can start a new speedrun?
yeah, I don't see it as much of an issue but people complain about it.

Quote:
I'm afraid it is to much work to do this for so few maps that it actually would be suitable for. But I could be wrong.
yeah I also thought it would be too much work too, but just thought I'd write down all of the ideas people have come up with while playing this mod.

also I tried White Bishop's version and all the / commands stopped working, /top5, /skillme, /mapstats, none work. and when someone finishes the server will lag a lot and play the sound file very loud. also it seems that if you try to /p or /s it'll tell you stats wont be recorded, and then not pos you, regardless of weather or not you're speed running.

Last edited by TYRONE; 10-18-2009 at 20:01.
White Bishop
Old 10-23-2009 , 05:22   Re: TFC skills rank with speed run timer
Reply With Quote #77

I made some more changes to my version to address Tyrone's suggestions.

Quote:
me and a few others made a list of suggestions.
done

Quote:
no change required
Quote:
I did this on the webpage via the php files. To see how it looks go to http://ChurchOfConc.servehalflife.com/stats.html
Click Speedruns for fastest times for each map. If you click a mapname, you get the scoreboard for that map.

Quote:
You can now add one checkpoint. I think that is enough on most maps to prevent cheap points. You could add more fairly easily by modifying the code. To see this in action the server ip is <98.210.4.113:27015> and concmap_exist and skeeconc are two maps that use the checkpoint feature.

Quote:
- separate speed runs for scout/med from soldier/demo.
This is already tracked. In the php pages I added this detail if you click on a mapname. It shows the overall top 10 and the top 10 for each class.

Quote:
Reduced delay to 1 sec. You hardly notice it now and it still prevents one from spamming the start orb.

Quote:
This is already protected in my version. Instead of slaying the player, their stats just won't be recorded. If they touch the start orb, they are good to go again for stats as long as they don't tele again.

Quote:
I agree its not worth the trouble for so few maps.

Quote:
I tried White Bishop's version and all the / commands stopped working, /top5, /skillme, /mapstats, none work and when someone finishes the server will lag a lot and play the sound file very loud
I didn't not change these commands and they work fine on my server.

Remember my version tracks different stats and has a few extra columns in the database compared to the original version (see the explanation in my earlier post). So if you are using my version with an existing database created with the original plugin you have to add the 'earnedPoints' column to 'skillmaps' table and the 'nMap' column to the 'skillrank' table. This is likely the cause to those problems. Because the stats that are tracked are slightly different, you probably would want to start a new database so the stats have consistent meaning. If you don't want to restart your stat database, you could also copy and paste specific features into your existing code.

Quote:
also it seems that if you try to /p or /s it'll tell you stats wont be recorded, and then not pos you, regardless of weather or not you're speed running.
Theplugin does not prevent you from using those commmands, it just won't record your stats if you do. If you touch the start orb it resets and will track your stats since we know your at the begining.

As I noted in an earlier post, my version of the skillsrank plugin does not have a teleport or noclip plugin built-in and that this function is used with my specifc plugins for noclip and teleport. What I did was registered a subfunction that disables statistics recording for any player who uses one of those 'forbidden' commands (like /p). To use that functionality with your plugin modify the code to register the commands your server uses and that you want to prevent. You may have to also mod those plugins so they don't capture the command preventing the skillrank plugin from "seeing" it (this involves change PLUGIN_RETURN to PLUGIN_CONTINUE.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (skillsrank.sma - 711 views - 81.8 KB)

Last edited by White Bishop; 04-24-2011 at 06:50.
[T4E]Demon
Old 05-29-2011 , 04:47   Re: TFC skills rank with speed run timer
Reply With Quote #78

hi, we have some issues regarding this plugin, our admins can be added and read from the sql, but all stats from this plugin, wont be read and written after a short while in the map.

heres two screenshots from phpmyadmin:

Skillmaps
Skillranks

and heres a bit from the amxx log:
Quote:
L 05/29/2011 - 072:08: [admin_sql.amxx] Login: "[T4E] Demon#<6><STEAM_0:0:5670555><>" became an admin (account "STEAM_0:0:5670555") (access "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu") (address "188.114.156.174")
L 05/29/2011 - 07:40:24: [admin_sql.amxx] Login: "mute<7><STEAM_0:0367759><>" became an admin (account "STEAM_0:0367759") (access "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu") (address "86.180.75.102")
L 05/29/2011 - 07:44:04: [skillsrank1_4_4d.amxx] [AMXX: skillranks] Couldnt do the search in the database
L 05/29/2011 - 07:44:04: [skillsrank1_4_4d.amxx] [AMXX: skillranks] Couldnt insert to table skillmaps
L 05/29/2011 - 07:44:49: [skillsrank1_4_4d.amxx] [AMXX: skillranks] Couldnt search for nickNames, primaryRank,nFinnished in table skillranks. Plugin cancelled.

Send a message via MSN to [T4E]Demon Send a message via Skype™ to [T4E]Demon
White Bishop
Old 09-21-2011 , 04:50   Re: TFC skills rank with speed run timer
Reply With Quote #79

I've had some questions recently about this plugin so I'll post my most recent version. All the basic functionality is the same but I cleaned a lot of the code. See my prior posts for details of these upgrades. Please remember

1) This version of the plugin tracks stats slightly different than the original plugin, so only use this if your starting from scratch or were already using the version I posted earlier.

2) The anti cheat options are customized to the other plugins on my server, but it should be easy to mod the code to recognize the text which will disallow stat tracking.

If you want help from me you can post here or try to reach me on IRC,
server: GameSurge
channel: #Church_of_Conc
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (skillsrank.sma - 576 views - 78.8 KB)

Last edited by White Bishop; 10-07-2011 at 04:13.
RoboCop
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-10-2015 , 17:48   Re: TFC skills rank with speed run timer
Reply With Quote #80

Hello I've been trying to check if the skillsrank 1.5.0 works on the latest AMXX Beta 1.8.3-dev+4934 Build with MM v1.21.1-am and it gave me this error on GDB:-

Code:
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0xf2b2b5fd in SourceMod::MysqlDriver::_Connect(SourceMod::DatabaseInfo*, int*, char*, unsigned int, bool) () from tfc/addons/amxmodx/modules/mysql_amxx_i386.so
(gdb) bt
#0  0xf2b2b5fd in SourceMod::MysqlDriver::_Connect(SourceMod::DatabaseInfo*, int*, char*, unsigned int, bool) ()
   from tfc/addons/amxmodx/modules/mysql_amxx_i386.so
#1  0x00000000 in ?? ()
"SourceMod" Error? I mean that doesn't quite make sense, if SourceMod is only involved for SRCDS not HLDS...I did some amxx and meta list for you to see if there any issues involving certain plugins, but when I fully setup MySQL and loaded the sql.cfg linked to the database it appears to hate it and crash it from my point of view. I did disable the skillsrank.amxx and it seems to run fine... Here is a list of addons and plugins I used:-

Code:
22:42:38 meta list
22:42:38 Currently loaded plugins:
               description      stat pend  file              vers      src  load  unlod
          [ 1] AMX Mod X        RUN   -    amxmodx_mm_i386.  v1.8.3-d  ini  Start ANY  
          [ 2] FoxBot           RUN   -    foxbot_MM_i386.s  v0.77     ini  Start Start
          [ 3] MySQL            RUN   -    mysql_amxx_i386.  v1.8.3-d  pl1  ANY   ANY  
          [ 4] TfcX             RUN   -    tfcx_amxx_i386.s  v1.8.3-d  pl1  ANY   ANY  
          [ 5] FakeMeta         RUN   -    fakemeta_amxx_i3  v1.8.3-d  pl1  ANY   ANY  
          [ 6] GeoIP            RUN   -    geoip_amxx_i386.  v1.8.3-d  pl1  ANY   ANY  
          [ 7] Engine           RUN   -    engine_amxx_i386  v1.8.3-d  pl1  ANY   ANY  
          [ 8] Fun              RUN   -    fun_amxx_i386.so  v1.8.3-d  pl1  ANY   ANY  
          [ 9] Ham Sandwich     RUN   -    hamsandwich_amxx  v1.8.3-d  pl1  ANY   ANY  
         9 plugins, 9 running
22:42:44 amxx plugins
22:42:44 Currently loaded plugins:
                name                    version     author            file             status   
          [  1] Admin Base (SQL)        1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     admin_sql.amxx   running  
          [  2] Admin Commands          1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     admincmd.amxx    running  
          [  3] Admin Help              1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     adminhelp.amxx   running  
          [  4] Slots Reservation       1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     adminslots.amxx  running  
          [  5] Multi-Lingual System    1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     multilingual.am  running  
          [  6] Menus Front-End         1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     menufront.amxx   running  
          [  7] Commands Menu           1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     cmdmenu.amxx     running  
          [  8] Players Menu            1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     plmenu.amxx      running  
          [  9] Teleport Menu           1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     telemenu.amxx    running  
          [ 10] Maps Menu               1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     mapsmenu.amxx    running  
          [ 11] Admin Chat              1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     adminchat.amxx   running  
          [ 12] Anti Flood              1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     antiflood.amxx   running  
          [ 13] Scrolling Message       1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     scrollmsg.amxx   running  
          [ 14] Info. Messages          1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     imessage.amxx    running  
22:42:44  [ 15] Admin Votes             1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     adminvote.amxx   running  
          [ 16] TimeLeft                1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     timeleft.amxx    running  
          [ 17] show motd               v1.0        RoboCop           robo_motd.amxx   running  
          [ 18] Auto Set Langauge       1.5.02      FALUCO/teame06    autolang.amxx    running  
          [ 19] Swear Replacement       1.5         kaboomkazoom      swear_replaceme  running  
          [ 20] Clipon                  0.9         Lt Llama          clipon.amxx      running  
          [ 21] Railgun Blast           2.1         hlstriker         railgunblast.am  running  
          [ 22] Concussion blocker      1.2.0       Ramon&EKS         block_con_Ramon  running  
          [ 23] No Drown                1.0.4       tuty              no_drown.amxx    running  
          [ 24] plugin_teleport         1.8         Bahrmanou         plugin_teleport  running  
          [ 25] /VoteKick               1.3         NL)Ramon(NL       votekick.amxx    running  
          [ 26] DeagsMapManager         3.25Beta    Deags/AMXX Commu  deagsmapmanager  running  
          [ 27] HLSS Blocker            0.1         Ian Cammarata     hlss_blocker.am  running  
          [ 28] High Ping Kicker        1.2.0       DynAstY           hpk.amxx         running  
          [ 29] Speedometer             1.2         AciD              speedometer.amx  running  
22:42:44  [ 30] Spray ID                1.12        Cheesy Peteza     sprayid.amxx     running  
          [ 31] HATS                    1.8         SgtBane           Hats_fixed.amxx  running  
         31 plugins, 31 running
22:42:49 amxx modules
22:42:49 Currently loaded modules:
               name                    version     author               status     
          [ 1] MySQL                   1.8.3-dev+  AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
          [ 2] TfcX                    1.8.3-dev+  AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
          [ 3] FakeMeta                1.8.3-dev+  AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
          [ 4] GeoIP                   1.8.3-dev+  AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
          [ 5] Engine                  1.8.3-dev+  AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
          [ 6] Fun                     1.8.3-dev+  AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
          [ 7] Ham Sandwich            1.8.3-dev+  AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
         7 modules, 7 correct
22:42:57 amxx list
22:42:57 Currently loaded plugins:
                name                    version     author            file             status   
          [  1] Admin Base (SQL)        1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     admin_sql.amxx   running  
          [  2] Admin Commands          1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     admincmd.amxx    running  
          [  3] Admin Help              1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     adminhelp.amxx   running  
          [  4] Slots Reservation       1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     adminslots.amxx  running  
          [  5] Multi-Lingual System    1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     multilingual.am  running  
          [  6] Menus Front-End         1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     menufront.amxx   running  
          [  7] Commands Menu           1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     cmdmenu.amxx     running  
          [  8] Players Menu            1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     plmenu.amxx      running  
          [  9] Teleport Menu           1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     telemenu.amxx    running  
          [ 10] Maps Menu               1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     mapsmenu.amxx    running  
          [ 11] Admin Chat              1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     adminchat.amxx   running  
          [ 12] Anti Flood              1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     antiflood.amxx   running  
          [ 13] Scrolling Message       1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     scrollmsg.amxx   running  
          [ 14] Info. Messages          1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     imessage.amxx    running  
22:42:57  [ 15] Admin Votes             1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     adminvote.amxx   running  
          [ 16] TimeLeft                1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     timeleft.amxx    running  
          [ 17] show motd               v1.0        RoboCop           robo_motd.amxx   running  
          [ 18] Auto Set Langauge       1.5.02      FALUCO/teame06    autolang.amxx    running  
          [ 19] Swear Replacement       1.5         kaboomkazoom      swear_replaceme  running  
          [ 20] Clipon                  0.9         Lt Llama          clipon.amxx      running  
          [ 21] Railgun Blast           2.1         hlstriker         railgunblast.am  running  
          [ 22] Concussion blocker      1.2.0       Ramon&EKS         block_con_Ramon  running  
          [ 23] No Drown                1.0.4       tuty              no_drown.amxx    running  
          [ 24] plugin_teleport         1.8         Bahrmanou         plugin_teleport  running  
          [ 25] /VoteKick               1.3         NL)Ramon(NL       votekick.amxx    running  
          [ 26] DeagsMapManager         3.25Beta    Deags/AMXX Commu  deagsmapmanager  running  
          [ 27] HLSS Blocker            0.1         Ian Cammarata     hlss_blocker.am  running  
          [ 28] High Ping Kicker        1.2.0       DynAstY           hpk.amxx         running  
          [ 29] Speedometer             1.2         AciD              speedometer.amx  running  
22:42:57  [ 30] Spray ID                1.12        Cheesy Peteza     sprayid.amxx     running  
          [ 31] HATS                    1.8         SgtBane           Hats_fixed.amxx  running  
         31 plugins, 31 running
22:43:07 amxx version
22:43:07 AMX Mod X 1.8.3-dev+4934 (http://www.amxmodx.org)
         Authors:
         <TAB>David "BAILOPAN" Anderson, Pavol "PM OnoTo" Marko
         <TAB>Felix "SniperBeamer" Geyer, Jonny "Got His Gun" Bergstrom
         <TAB>Lukasz "SidLuke" Wlasinski, Christian "Basic-Master" Hammacher
         <TAB>Borja "faluco" Ferrer, Scott "DS" Ehlert
         Compiled: Nov  6 2015 03:53:52
         Built from: https://github.com/alliedmodders/amxmodx/commit/4abeac1
         Build ID: 4934:4abeac1
         Core mode: JIT+ASM32

Last edited by RoboCop; 11-10-2015 at 18:54.
Send a message via Skype™ to RoboCop