This is my first plugin.
I wanted some way to keep pummeling survivors with special infected while making some special infected spawn more often than others (since I loved killing lots of boomers, I wanted boomers to spawn much more often than smokers and hunters). I decided to make this plugin when other plugins and built-in cvars didn't spawn infected exactly how I wanted.
Manages its own system of automatic infected spawning. Change a specific special infected's chance of spawn by changing its weight. The higher the weight, the higher the chance it spawns, vice versa.
- The probability of a special infected spawning is (its weight)/(sum of all weights)
- The plugin for now can spawn upto 14
special infected (excluding witch) at once.
can have an exception of having -1
weight, which isn't factored into the weight sum. Instead, the director manages the spawning of the tanks (i.e. lottery system at each checkpoint).
aren't considered in these weights since they're the only non-playable special infected. Witches have their own spawning system. A setting of -1
on the witch limit cvar is director handled.
spawn time mode: random spawn time between min and max spawn time
spawn time mode: spawn time slows down as there are more special infected on the map at once; speeds up when there are less special infected
spawn time mode: spawn time speeds up as there are more special infected; slows down when there are less special infected
witch spawn time mode: one witch spawns at the end of a witch spawn time interval
witch spawn time mode: one witch spawns anytime within a witch spawn time interval
If you don't want the settings to reset every map change, edit the cvars in the automatically generated l4d_autoSI.cfg
at the cfg/sourcemod
- Auto Infected Spawner Version
- "1" - Disable/Enable functionality of the plugin
- "1" - Automatically disable plugin in versus mode
- "0" - Disable/Enable faster special infected response
- "0" - Disable/Enable faster special infected spawn (Enable when SI spawn rate is high)
- "0" - Disable/Enable special infected spawning while survivors are in safe room
- "100" - The weight for a boomer spawning
- "100" - The weight for a hunter spawning
- "100" - The weight for a smoker spawning
t - "-1" - The weight for a tank spawning [-1 = Director spawns tanks]
t - "-1" - The max amount of witches present at once (independant of l4d_ais_limit) [-1 = Director spawns witches]
- "300.0" - The time (seconds) interval in which exactly one witch will spawn
- "1" - The witch spawn rate consistency [0 = CONSTANT | 1 = VARIABLE]
- "3" - The max amount of special infected at once
- "1" - The amount of special infected spawned at each spawn interval
- "1" - The spawn time mode [0 = RANDOMIZED | 1 = INCREMENTAL | 2 = DECREMENTAL]
- "0.0" - The minimum auto spawn time (seconds) for infected
- "60.0" - The maximum auto spawn time (seconds) for infected
- Reset by slaying all special infected and restarting the timer
- Manually start the spawn timer
- Set a constant spawn time (seconds) by setting l4d_ais_time_min and l4d_ais_time_max to the same value
- Set spawn weights to given presets <default|none|boomer|smoker|hunter|tank>
- It might conflict with other spawn plugins, such as infectedbots. I put a cvar that automatically disables the plugin in versus.
- Possible conflict with Kigen's anticheat since this plugin uses the z_spawn cheat
for laying the foundation of the infected bots plugin.
for letting me use some code from his infectedbots plugin.
FuzzOne and TacKLER for porting this plugin to L4D2.
1.0.0 - Initial release (l4d_autoIS)
L4D1 version: l4d_autoIS
L4D2 version: l4d2_autoIS