This plugin will provide servers with basic friendly fire protection. Right now this only works with CS:S, but if there is enough interest I would like to extend it to all Source MP games. I created this plugin because I needed it to replace the Mani Admin option of slapping when a user commits friendly fire. I know there are many FF/TK controllers out there but I did not find one to suit my needs. This is why the plugin is very simple to start out with and will hopefully flesh out.
Download the css_ff_manager.zip
package and extract all files to your server. Alternately, you can download each file individually and compile the plugin yourself.
Note: The css_ff_manager.zip package was compiled against SourceMod 1.3. If you are using 1.2 please download the file individually and compile them yourself.
This plugin will create a config file in the cfg/sourcemod directory on your server. There you can configure the plugin to your liking.
Below are CVAR's specific to FF Manager and their descriptions.
- The player who commited FF is slapped with the total FF damage amount.
- FF damage done to a teammate is reflected back onto the player who did it.
- If FF type slap is on, how much damage to slap the user with?
- If FF type slap is on, should we play a sound when the user is slapped?
- Log friendly fire incidents? (Logged to addons/sourcemod/logs/css_ff_manager.log)
- Announces FF incidents only to those involved.
- Announces FF incidents to everyone.
- Moved FF check to OnConfigsExecuted to prevent first run error
- Added check for self inflicted damage
- Changed URL to point to its own page
- Added check for warmup.smx plugin to prevent fail state being triggered
- Plugin should now check if a warmup round is active before checking mp_friendlyfire
- Modified check for Warmup Round Plugin to be every round instead of just once
- Plugin now announces if it is enabled or not
- Removed mp_friendlyfire check
- Added translation support
- Added seperate CVAR's for FF type and announcements
- Added CVAR to enable/disable slap sound
- Overall optimization
- Note: This version contains changes to the css_ff_manager.cfg file. If you have modified this file please back it up before overwriting it with the new version.