8% 

[TF2] MatchMod

Post New Thread Reply   

jclay06
Old 09-21-2009 , 22:15   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsco View Post
Nice work. One problem I have come across is that it never actually starts recording a demo when both teams ready up. I had a look through your code and the recording part seems to be set up properly but on my server I'm not even getting a 'PrintToChatAll' that it has started recording when the first half starts.
I was using an earlier version you put up and it recorded demos fine. I update to the most recent and realized that it wasn't recording demos automatically anymore. Maybe part of the recent TF2 updates?
Hawkeye-
Old 09-22-2009 , 03:31   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #12

I have a check to ensure that tv_enable == 1, I am not having issues on my server right now, i'll take a peek and let you know if I see anything.
Hawkeye-
Old 09-22-2009 , 03:38   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #13

Details on the check..

SourceTV must be active when the plugin loads the way I have it written currently.

PHP Code:
public OnPluginStart()
{

mm_recording GetConVarInt(g_cvar_tvenable);

I suspect your enabling SourceTV after the plugin is loading, so what you can do is move the above line to InitializeVariables() private function which is checked at game time as opposed to plugin load. This is just off the top of my head, so mileage may vary a bit.

Next release I will move the check to make sure its a gametime check like all the other variables.

Also, I will be handling the config files a bit differently to accomodate the whitelist feature valve just dropped in. Since mp_tournament needs to be enabled at map load, the way I have things setup, it will never parse the whitelist. So I will be temporarily changing the servercfgfile cvar until the match is completed so a map change can be done during the sequence.

Last edited by Hawkeye-; 09-22-2009 at 04:00.
robsco
Old 09-22-2009 , 05:56   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoHawkeye View Post
Details on the check..

SourceTV must be active when the plugin loads the way I have it written currently.

PHP Code:
public OnPluginStart()
{

mm_recording GetConVarInt(g_cvar_tvenable);

I suspect your enabling SourceTV after the plugin is loading, so what you can do is move the above line to InitializeVariables() private function which is checked at game time as opposed to plugin load. This is just off the top of my head, so mileage may vary a bit.

Next release I will move the check to make sure its a gametime check like all the other variables.

Also, I will be handling the config files a bit differently to accomodate the whitelist feature valve just dropped in. Since mp_tournament needs to be enabled at map load, the way I have things setup, it will never parse the whitelist. So I will be temporarily changing the servercfgfile cvar until the match is completed so a map change can be done during the sequence.
Ah, yeah, that looks like my problem. I'll give it another go tonight when I have time. I am hopefully going to be using this plugin for a South African league that I am helping in setting up as our clan servers are already running sourcemod and this plugin does basically everything that we need.

EDIT: It's working perfectly. Like you said I was enabling the stv too late.

Also another thing; is it possible to somehow hide the server cvar changes in the ingame chat (I know how to do it on the client side) so that they are disabled for everyone? This is what I am talking about:
Quote:
Server cvar 'mp_tournament' changed to 1
Server cvar 'mp_match_end_at_timelimit' changed to 1
Server cvar 'mp_timelimit' changed to 30
Server cvar 'mp_winlimit' changed to 4
They are basically just annoying when trying to read the comments from this plugin as the game starts, goes into half time and after the game.

Last edited by robsco; 09-22-2009 at 17:37.
Hawkeye-
Old 09-23-2009 , 01:24   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #15

More then possible, I already doing it with sv_alltalk, I have a pile of recordings I can look over for details..

If you have custom .cfg files you are using, can you post them here so I can make sure I hit everything that is spamming the console.
Hawkeye-
Old 09-23-2009 , 14:35   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #16

Quick update,
  • Moved SourceTV Check to gametime sequence as opposed to plugin load
  • Removed Notify flag from some variables to clean up console spam
  • It now saves the servercfgfile variable and changes it during sequence to allow for usage of whitelist feature
  • Code Optimizations
Updated code and .ZIP package is above. .CFGs did not change, this is only a .SMX drop in for existing servers.
scream_xx
Old 09-23-2009 , 17:16   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #17

Great plugin dude .. i was wating , the functions ReadyUp
but u still not finish it.

I've tried to make ReadyUp .. so I've upgrate ur plugin by adding ReadyUp Ability . it sames code i got from L4D ReadyUP by Drawing PLayer's Stats in Panel READY / NOT READY

it works and I'm using it now

i hope u test it and u might get better an idea from funtction I've used

there is cmd(mini_players 8 ) by Default change it to 0 then test it

I'm just Beginner ... i spend time to read how it works X_X ... anyway looking for ur reply
Attached Files
File Type: smx MatchMod.smx (13.6 KB, 159 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (MatchMod.sp - 524 views - 39.3 KB)

Last edited by scream_xx; 09-24-2009 at 06:41.
robsco
Old 09-24-2009 , 10:20   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by scream_xx View Post
Great plugin dude .. i was wating , the functions ReadyUp
but u still not finish it.

I've tried to make ReadyUp .. so I've upgrate ur plugin by adding ReadyUp Ability . it sames code i got from L4D ReadyUP by Drawing PLayer's Stats in Panel READY / NOT READY

it works and I'm using it now

i hope u test it and u might get better an idea from funtction I've used

there is cmd(mini_players 8 ) by Default change it to 0 then test it

I'm just Beginner ... i spend time to read how it works X_X ... anyway looking for ur reply
I cant really get the ready-up part of your version working on my server. I have set the 'mini_players' to 0 and compiled and uploaded but it still tells me that there are not enough players connected in order to start when I type in .ready. I also tried getting another player on the server and it still didn't work. Also for some reason if you end the 'ready-up' stage using 'sm_stop_readyup' the timer that shows the message about redying up does not get killed and if you start the 'ready-up' stage again using 'sm_start_readyup' another timer is created and multiple messages show every 20 seconds. The display also seems to stay after a map change even before sm_matchmod_begin has been sent to the server.

I don't know if I'm doing things wrong but yeah, it ain't working for me.
robsco
Old 09-24-2009 , 10:24   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoHawkeye View Post
Quick update,
  • Moved SourceTV Check to gametime sequence as opposed to plugin load
  • Removed Notify flag from some variables to clean up console spam
  • It now saves the servercfgfile variable and changes it during sequence to allow for usage of whitelist feature
  • Code Optimizations
Updated code and .ZIP package is above. .CFGs did not change, this is only a .SMX drop in for existing servers.
Nice, I'll give it a go now, any chance you could merge this version with a working version of scream_xx's ready-up functions?
Hawkeye-
Old 09-24-2009 , 15:33   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #20

The ReadyUp code is the next thing and will be included in the next release. I am doing a few things a bit differently then his code so it should be a bit more seamless when running a match.

What the "plan" is for readyup, is something like this:
  • A CVAR to either have ready up or the existing F4 version.
  • If ReadyUp is enabled, block the F4 option from doing anything until teams have readied up proper.
  • Define minimum team size to ready up and standard size via CVAR
  • Commands !ready, !notready, !unready, !start in chat
I am hoping this weekend, but we'll see how it goes. Formally, "When it's done!" would be the appropriate answer.

Also, the next release (1.0.0) will also include the autoupdate feature off the google code project. This should make updating things a LOT easier for those that want this feature. As of 0.9.7 it is in there, but waiting for readyup before the next release.