Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[REQ] Config Switcher (voteconfig) for L4D?

Post New Thread Reply   

bakentake
Old 09-18-2009 , 19:45   [REQ] Config Switcher (voteconfig) for L4D?
Reply With Quote #1

Well this is just pure speculation but, perhaps its possible?

I run a l4d server and I'm considering opening another but I'd rather put it off if I can... the second server would be a cevo configuration for my clan.

However what i'm hoping for is a plugin that will let me switch between configurations via a majority vote etc.

The configurations I would like to switch between are "vanilla" (unmodded), Cevo config, and our own Intense Play configuration. Which I imagine would just be a matter of having seperate folders for each.

So anybody think they'd be able to do it?
olj
Veteran Member
Old 09-18-2009 , 20:14   Re: [REQ] Config Switcher (voteconfig) for L4D?
Reply With Quote #2

I think sourcemod already have custom votes support. Am i wrong?
Old 09-18-2009 , 21:39   Re: [REQ] Config Switcher (voteconfig) for L4D?
Reply With Quote #3

You can make your own vote yes. But I mean where the vote effects config files. As Cevo config uses different plugins and configs than our custom config, and vanilla would have nothing changing gameplay. I Imagine the plugin would have to tell the server what folder to choose from for that configuration seems to me it would be the easiest way.
InflatableSoulmate
Old 09-18-2009 , 22:15   Re: [REQ] Config Switcher (voteconfig) for L4D?
Reply With Quote #4

I believe it would be possible, and possibly easy enough, but only if the server was *always* able to run sourcemod and the cfg-switch plugin. I'm not sure what CEVO's stance would be on having sourcemod and an unapproved plugin running during a CEVO match. Obviously, if the plugin had to unload itself (or worse, itself *and* SM), it wouldn't be able to cause itself to load again...

I think the best direction for you to go with this would be to give the people who need to use the server for the purpose of CEVO matches the ability to run configs via RCON that would load and unload the plugin before and after the matches.

If, however, the server isn't going to be used for actual matches, then having the plugin running while the CEVO config is in use shouldn't matter.
http://www.brothersofchaos.com/
bakentake
Old 09-18-2009 , 22:40   Re: [REQ] Config Switcher (voteconfig) for L4D?
Reply With Quote #5

Server is going to be used for inter-clan scrims doesn't CEVO's config already make use of sourcemod?