Category: Fun Stuff
Approver: Hawk552 (427)
aka Unreal Tournament Sounds plugin by Lev.
This is an event announcer plugin.Features:
- first spawn;
- first kill;
- kill from specific weapon;
- multikill ladder (each next kill within defined time interval);
- killing spree ladder (each level at defined number of kills);
- selfkill when on killing spree;
- end of killing spree.
- announcements can be made via:
- hud (for initiator);
- chat (for all players except initiator);
- sound (for killer, victim and other players separately);
- fully customizable announcements via ini file;
- per map ini files supported (place these ini files in config\utsounds folder);
- per map prefix ini files supported (place these ini files in config\utsounds folder);
- unlimited number of announces, so any number of levels for multikill and killing streak ladders;
- furthermore unlimited killing spree levels support by using last announce (it will be repeated each count of frags specified for it);
- any number of announces for an event, announce will be selected by random;
- each player can change these settings via configuration menu (they will be stored in user info field "_utsounds" in his config, so they will be taken in the account on each server with this plugin):
- switch all announcements off or on;
- switch particular announcement off or on;
- enable/disable announce destinations: hud, chat, sounds;
- hud announcement position: center, left, right, top, bottom.
/utsounds - display info about plugin and opens configuration menu.Console command:
/utsounds on - enable announcements for this player (this setting is stored in user info field "_utsounds").
/utsounds off - disable announcements for this player (this setting is stored in user info field "_utsounds").
ut_menu - opens player's configuration menu.CVARs:
ut_enable <0|1> (default=1) // Enable/Disable whole plugin.INI file:
ut_on <0|1> (default=1) // On/Off for new players by default. They can use chat command /utsounds <on|off> to switch.
ut_hudx <0|1|2> (default=1) // Default X position of hud announce (0 - left, 1 - center, 2 - right).
ut_hudy <0|1|2> (default=1) // Default Y position of hud announce (0 - top, 1 - center, 2 - bottom).
ut_test <0|1> (default=0) // Enable output in chat name of weapon used to kill. Use this to get weapon name to set in "kill from specific weapon" event.
There are 4 types of lines.Installation:
Vertical line '|' is a splitter for different parts.
Format for first spawn, first kill, headshot and killing spree over events:
<identifier p|f|h|t|k|e>|<text for hud>|<message for chat>|<sound for initiator>[|<sound for victim>|<sound for all>]Format for multikill levels:
<identifier m>|<number of kills>|<wait interval>|<text for hud>|<message for chat>|<sound for initiator>[|<sound for victim>|<sound for all>]Format for killing spree levels:
<identifier s>|<number of kills>|<text for hud>|<message for chat>|<sound for initiator>[|<sound for victim>|<sound for all>]Format for kill from specific weapon:
<identifier w>|<weapon name>|<text for hud>|<message for chat>|<sound for initiator>[|<sound for victim>|<sound for all>]Identifier:
Number of kills:
- p - first spawn;
- f - first kill;
- h - headshot;
- t - teamkill;
- w - kill from specific weapon;
- m - level for multikill;
- s - level for killing spree;
- k - selfkill when on killing spree;
- e - for ending of killing spree.
- number length in chars is limited to 4;
- this is number of kills for this level to be triggered for multikill and killing spree (integer, i.e. 10).
- seconds that given to get each next kill from previous multikill level up to this level (float, i.e. 3.1).
Text for hud:
- weapon name for example: crowbar, gauss;
- this name is game internal and can distinct from commonly known weapon name;
- to get weapon name use ut_test CVAR.
- it will be displayed for player who is activated an event (for killing spree over it will be displayed to victim).
- Message for chat:
- it will be displayed for all players except player to whom hud announce was shown;
- for messages for chat and texts for hud you can use tags to substitute players' names, frag count and weapon name;
-  are imprescriptible part of a tag;
- only first occurence will be replaced (i.e. you can use each tag once);
- [UTS_K] will be replaced with killer name (for first spawn event this is used to substitute player name);
- [UTS_V] will be replaced with victim name;
- [UTS_W] will be replaced with weapon name;
- [UTS_C] will be replaced with number of frags (total for killing spree, and last contiguous for multikill);
- for killing spree end event when selfkill or teamkill [UTS_V] will be a name of player whose spree ended and [UTS_K] will be "himself".
- <mod dir>\sound relative path (i.e. file <mod dir>\sound\custom\example.wav should be specified as custom/example.wav);
- you can specify three different files for each announcements one for initiator, one for victim and one for other players;
- if you wish use same files for them then use * to do that (i.e. custom/example.wav|*|*) or you can just do not put splitters and * (i.e. simply specify custom/example.wav);
- you can use * only for third file then it will be assumed the same as second sound;
- if you wish that no sound would be for a player(s) then leave field empty (example custom/example.wav||).
Selfkill event triggered only if player is on killing spree.
For multikill last level will be repeated each next frag made within interval specified for last level.
For killing spree last level will be repeated each next <number> frags.
For example you set 30 for last killing spree level. Then this announcement will be done at 30, 60, 90, etc frags.
Don't want particular announcement? Comment it out.
Don't want chat or hud messages? Leave them empty "||". Same for the sound.
If you want to use plugin defaults for all announcements delete this ini file.
- put utsounds.amxx to plugins folder;
- add utsounds.amxx to config\plugins.ini file;
- put utsounds.ini in config folder (edit it if you want to customize announcements);
- put utsounds.txt in data\lang folder;
- extract sound.zip into your <mod dir>\sound folder.
User info field "_utsounds" is used to store user's settings.Credits:
Freejam for arousing my interest to write this plugin, beta testing and good suggestions.Change Log:
Preset KillStreak by Simon Logic for the settings system.
Unreal Tournament Sounds by hleV for event handling.
crazyeffect for help with MultiLanguage.
xD_1991 for Turkish translation.
v1.0 [2009.09.09] (downloaded 2 times)
Initial release.v1.1 [2009.09.09] (downloaded 1 time)
! Fixed: ut_on CVAR behavior corrected;v1.2 [2009.09.09] (downloaded 26 times)
! Fixed: ut_enable CVAR behavior corrected;
! Fixed: killing spree over event in case of selfkill: chat message corrected.
! Fixed: ut_on CVAR behavior corrected a little bit more. Finally .v1.3 [2009.09.10] (downloaded 4 times)
! Changed: small code optimizations.v1.4 [2009.09.10] (downloaded 1 time)
! Fixed: now multikill intervals works as they should be (time is counted to reach this level, not next);v1.5 [2009.09.10] (downloaded 31 times)
! Changed: removed CVARs to disable announces (if you don't wish particular announcement then comment it out in the ini file);
! Changed: now defaults will be loaded only if ini file is not found (before defaults were loaded per event).
! Changed: chat announces will be no longer displayed to whom hud announce was shown.
! Changed: changed version cvar to "utsounds_version" (forget to change it before).v1.6 [2009.09.18] (downloaded 724 times, sounds 1054 xDDD)
! Changed: added MultiLanguage to info and status messages. ("Thanks" to crazyeffect))v1.7 [2009.11.26] (downloaded 0 times)
! Fixed: bug with multilanguage fixed (for example miscstats work now will not be interfered).v1.8 [2009.11.26] (downloaded 40 times)
! Fixed: player enumeration fixed.
! Changed: small code optimizations.
! Changed: dynamic arrays are used to store announcements.
! Changed: multiple announces for an event selected by random are supported.
! Changed: unlimited number of announces are supported.
! Changed: ability to specify different sounds for killer, victim and others players.
! Changed: fully custom messages for hud and chat (used tags instead of % arguments).
! Changed: number of kill for each multikill level specified in config file.
! Changed: ut_multikill CVAR deleted.
! Added: new event type: kill with specific weapon.
! Added: new settings are saved for user: hud position and enable/disable of specific events.
! Changed: added few sounds.
! Changed: ini file format.
! Changed: multilanguage dictionary file.
! Added: configuration menu.v1.9 [2009.11.28] (downloaded 15 times)
! Changed: texts corrections.v2.0 [2009.11.29] (downloaded 63 times)
! Fixed: crash when announce count was zero.v2.1 [2009.12.04]
! Added: new settings are saved for user: enable/disable announce destinations: hud, chat and sounds.
! Changed: multilanguage dictionary file.
! Fixed: weapon name detection in CS.
! Added: new announce type: team kill.
! Changed: multilanguage dictionary file.
! Changed: how announce types are stored for user.
! Fixed: bug with tags replacements when player name is too long.
Last edited by Flasher; 01-06-2010 at 19:35.