Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D1+2] Perkmod

Post New Thread Reply   

slier
Old 09-05-2009 , 20:01   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #191

hi there ..i just want to know why i cant display the menu by typing !perks in chat window..

i try multiple time but the perk menu dosent seems to appear..

hope u can enlighten me
GrossKopf
Old 09-06-2009 , 19:17   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by slier View Post
hi there ..i just want to know why i cant display the menu by typing !perks in chat window..

i try multiple time but the perk menu dosent seems to appear..

hope u can enlighten me
Must be something on your server. !perks works for me.
tPoncho
Old 09-06-2009 , 21:04   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #193

@ Jackbhoy: Haven't heard of that problem specifically before, although Grosskopf has found that some plugins do have problems with finale events... this plugin shouldn't have any, though =P are you using any other plugins? using the latest l4d version on steam and all?

@ slier: The plugin is installed correctly on your server? And you're using a dedicated server? On a local server Sourcemod might be returning errors when trying to display the menu. Do you even get the "Welcome to Perkmod, yadda yadda" message in the chat area when you load a map? If you don't get that, then Perkmod's most likely not installed or running at all.
olj
Veteran Member
Old 09-07-2009 , 03:59   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbhoy View Post
Hey, does anyone else get the bug where on the no mercy rooftop finale in versus you can only click the radio once or sometimes not even at all to set off the event?
How the hell is it related to Perkmod?
Old 09-11-2009 , 15:58   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #195

Right, I tested this several times. Merge Speed demon with oldschool and remove the faster jumping and it should be legit.

Server is using Perkmod and we are in love with the Grasshopper, Toungetwister and other things.

We are also currently recruiting (EU) people only. Going to merge with another clan soon and change from Eternal Silence.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2009 , 08:58   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #196

With some ridiculous effort i have altered my derivation to support different language files, and added a german translation - i dont think a latin one is needed, and im not safe enough in any of my other languages to translate for them

The .txt needs to be put into your sourcemod/translations folder.

By all means feel free to add languages to it, you should see how its done by looking at it.

EDIT:
A friend of mine, Amonchakad, did an italian translation. Its included now.

EDIT2:
Another friend, Forsaken, did a danish translation. Added to the file.

EDIT3:
Thank olj for the now appended russian translation!

I've split the translations into files and folders, like the newer SM guideline demands. But if you prefer a single file instead, delete everything but the "all langs" file and rename it plugin.perkmod.txt
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (Perkmod_Atomic.sp - 2713 views - 210.7 KB)
File Type: zip translations.zip (18.0 KB, 1228 views)

Last edited by AtomicStryker; 09-21-2009 at 13:01.
olj
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2009 , 09:00   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
With some ridiculous effort i have altered my derivation to support different language files, and added a german translation - i dont think a latin one is needed, and im not safe enough in any of my other languages to translate for them

By all means feel free to add languages to it, you should see how its done by looking at it.
Thats a good start. I can add russian one in the evening.
Old 09-12-2009 , 15:19   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post

Thx, this is really great, i had to translate the source --'. I add the portuguese later.
Edhmelus
Old 09-14-2009 , 00:42   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #199

<.< Nice effort.. BUt I prefer english (and I am german) Let's force the fuckfaces who cannot be bothered to read english, read english IMO!

Server is using Perkmod and we are in love with the Grasshopper, Toungetwister and other things.

We are also currently recruiting (EU) people only. Going to merge with another clan soon and change from Eternal Silence.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2009 , 07:34   [L4D] Perkmod 1.4db and 2.2.2db
Reply With Quote #200

I made small modifications for the Perkmod so that it now saves the player selected custom values to a database. Next time the same player drops by the previously selected Perks will be set as default.

New ConVars
l4d_perkmod_db_enabled (default="0")
If set to 1, player custom perk choices will be stored to database and used as default values next time.
l4d_perkmod_db_conf_name (default="default")
The DB connection configuration read from databases.cfg.

Installation
Modify databases.cfg to have a configuration for the Perkmod and then update the plugin. For the modified databases.cfg to come into operation, the game server may require a restart? Add new convars with correct values to perkmod2.cfg or alternatively delete the perkmod2.cfg file and load the plugin to create new config file. Attention! Perkmod.smx and the original Perkmod2.smx uses perkmod.cfg for configurations while the modified Perkmod2.smx uses perkmod2.cfg.
Code:
    "perkmod"
    {
        "driver"              "mysql"
        "host"                "YOUR_DB_SERVER_ADDRESS"
        "database"            "YOUR_DB_NAME"
        "user"                "YOUR_DB_USERNAME"
        "pass"                "YOUR_DB_PASSWORD"
    }
EDIT1: It seems to work as specified. I should probably include a way to disable the database functionality. As it is, it should work without the database like the original does, but it will write some error log every time the plugin loads up. That's every time the map changes?
EDIT2: Added ConVars.
EDIT3: Hupsistakeikkaa (translation to English: oops.) After the ConVar update the DB did not always connect. Now it should work as specified.
EDIT4: Uploaded a modified version from 2.0.10. This version compiles but is still completely untested.
EDIT5: Uploaded a modified version from 2.0.11. This version is tested to at least store data. It should be fully working.
EDIT6: Couple of edits and bugfixes to the database code. Tested to work.
EDIT7: Should now work for the team infected also.
EDIT8: Uploaded a modified version from 2.1.0.
EDIT9: Uploaded a modified version from 2.1.1.
EDIT10: Uploaded a modified version from 2.1.2.
EDIT11: Uploaded a modified version from 2.1.3.
EDIT12: Uploaded a modified version from 2.1.4.
EDIT13: Uploaded a modified version from 2.1.5.
EDIT14: Uploaded a modified version from 2.2.2.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (Perkmod.sp - 3210 views - 261.8 KB)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (perkmod2.sp - 2854 views - 375.8 KB)

Last edited by muukis; 11-12-2013 at 09:44. Reason: Perkmod2 upload