Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Disables friendly fire while survivors is still in safehouse, also includes other features such as auto pick up of medkits.
    Old 08-20-2009 , 12:01   [L4D] Friendly House
    Reply With Quote #1

Friendly House

Plugin Description:

Disables friendly fire while survivors is still in safehouse, also includes other features such as auto pick up of medkits.

Plugin Features:
    • No Friendly Fire in Safe house
      Besides of the victim not taking any damage it also prevents:
      1. Trigger of the "attacker hurt victim" message.
      2. Play blood animation of the victim.
      3. Play hurt sound of the victim.
      4. Affecting steam stats of the attacker and victim.
    • Auto pick up
      Never forget that medkit or 2nd pistol again. Upon round start survivors will auto pick up medkits and 2nd pistol (if available).

To do:

Remember last used primary gun and restore it if available.

Cvars:
    A configuration file will be automaticly created for you upon first run, in /cfg/sourcemod/ called FriendlyHouse.cfg
    Code:
    // This file was auto-generated by SourceMod (v1.2.3)
    // ConVars for plugin "FriendlyHouse v0.92.smx"

// Sets whether the plugin will make the survivors automaticly pick up medkits in safe house (only working in versus).
    // -
    // Default: "1"
    l4d_fh_autopickupkit "1"

// Sets whether the plugin will make the survivors automaticly pick up a 2nd pistol in safe house, if available (only working in versus).
    // -
    l4d_fh_autopickuppistol "1"

// Sets whether the plugin is active.
    // -
    l4d_fh_enable "1"

// Friendly House Version
    // -
    // Default: "0.92"
    l4d_fh_version "0.92"

// Sets whether its only in Versus the plugin is active. If 0 then it will also be active in Coop.
    // -
    l4d_fh_versusonly "1"
    Changelog:
    Code:
    Version 0.92
    + Auto pick up of Medkits and 2nd pistol if available (only working in versus)
    ~ Changed l4d_friendlyhouse_* to l4d_fh_*

Version 0.91
    + Code improvement

Version 0.9
    Released
    v0.9 - 60 views
    v0.91 - 274 views
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (FriendlyHouse v0.92.sp - 3980 views - 6.1 KB)

Last edited by Mr. Zero; 10-03-2009 at 10:36.
    olj
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-20-2009 , 12:51   Re: [L4D] Friendly House
    Reply With Quote #2

Nice, i really wanted such plugin WITHOUT any other features. Simple and effective. Ill give it a try when return from party (if i would be able to see my keyboard, lolz)
    EDIT:Looked at code, can you add a check if the door opened was a checkpoint one? So the event callback wont trigger on ANY door.

Last edited by olj; 08-20-2009 at 12:57.
    Mr. Zero
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-20-2009 , 13:32   Re: [L4D] Friendly House
    Reply With Quote #3

Oops.

Posting old versions >.<

Updated first post with the right one.

Was think about maybe adding "medkit lock" as I call it.
    Simply lock medkits in safehouses, so each survivors have ensured at least a medkit each. On expert its really annoying having someone to use first his own medkit and then a another persons medkit.

Last edited by Mr. Zero; 08-20-2009 at 13:37.
    olj
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-20-2009 , 19:36   Re: [L4D] Friendly House
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
    Oops.

Posting old versions >.<

Updated first post with the right one.

Was think about maybe adding "medkit lock" as I call it.
    Simply lock medkits in safehouses, so each survivors have ensured at least a medkit each. On expert its really annoying having someone to use first his own medkit and then a another persons medkit.
    You mean forbid using medkits in safe houses? Try slapping when someone healing in checkpoint (i suggested this in thread about preventing bots form healing you), and allow healing when they left the safehouse.
    Old 08-21-2009 , 00:24   Re: [L4D] Friendly House
    Reply With Quote #5

Na more like locking them from being picked up other then the owner of the medkit.
    So a medkit, in safe house, is tied to Zoey and if Francis then rushes to the safehouse to get an extra medkit, he won't be able to pick the medkit up. It will just say it is not his medkit.

If Zoey then want to give her medkit to Francis, she can type !givekit Francis to allow Francis to pickup the medkit.
    olj
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-21-2009 , 04:51   Re: [L4D] Friendly House
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
    Na more like locking them from being picked up other then the owner of the medkit.
    So a medkit, in safe house, is tied to Zoey and if Francis then rushes to the safehouse to get an extra medkit, he won't be able to pick the medkit up. It will just say it is not his medkit.

If Zoey then want to give her medkit to Francis, she can type !givekit Francis to allow Francis to pickup the medkit.
    Well, that would be quite advanced coding, i cant handle such stuff yet. And i dont know how to bind item to someone, even dont know if its possible.
    P.S. You can block USE command with SM 1.3. Consider this if you will try to do such stuff.
    Old 08-22-2009 , 05:27   Re: [L4D] Friendly House
    Reply With Quote #7

There's already a mod that does this: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=85515

That one adds additional features, which lets an admin set a limit to the amount of FF damage someone can do outside the safehouse and can ban the players when the exceed the limit.

Last edited by GrossKopf; 08-22-2009 at 05:32.
    olj
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-22-2009 , 08:11   Re: [L4D] Friendly House
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GrossKopf View Post
    There's already a mod that does this: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=85515

That one adds additional features, which lets an admin set a limit to the amount of FF damage someone can do outside the safehouse and can ban the players when the exceed the limit.
    If i want only disable damage in safe house, i would rather use this, than flood memory and cpu with unnecessary cvar handles, hooks, and variables. If i would need extra features, i will install the one from link you gave (its really good plugin too). But unless there are preprocessor directives in that plugin, as in KrX Upgrades , i will rather use Friendly house because it will be less resource taking and i want only safe house FF removal.

P.S. He wants to add extra functionality here also, like binding medkits or something like that. So its definetely not dublicate.

Last edited by olj; 08-22-2009 at 08:15.
    Mr. Zero
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-22-2009 , 09:32   Re: [L4D] Friendly House
    Reply With Quote #9

And to continue of what olj said; if you look through the friendly fire limit source code, you will see it hooks the "player_hurt" event and revert the damage done.

My plugin just changes a cvar as l4d has a build-in friendly fire limiter.

This means 2 things:
    1. Easier processing for the server.
    2. Player stats (as anyone cares about those steam stats anyway, heh) won't reflect the damage done as it doesn't even register the shot.

Also players won't see the blood effect, hear the "argg" sound of the player they were aim for and the message in top left corner saying they hit somebody.
    Just by changing a cvar .

Edit: rewrote the first post to be a bit more clear. Hope it helps making my posts a bit more understandable :S

Last edited by Mr. Zero; 08-22-2009 at 09:53.
    DaNi0
    Old 08-26-2009 , 14:48   Re: [L4D] Friendly House
    Reply With Quote #10

The posts in the Friendly Fire Limit topic say the plugin doesn't work anymore anyway. Anyway thanks for this plugin!