Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] Brutal hunter mod 1.5.2 (now with bonus dmg for burning hunts in vs)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
olj
Veteran Member
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Allows hunters to perform deadly pounces, killing survivors at once and adds bonus damage for burning hunters.
    Old 08-18-2009 , 14:40   [L4D] Brutal hunter mod 1.5.2 (now with bonus dmg for burning hunts in vs)
    Reply With Quote #1

This plugin for Left 4 Dead allows you to set a "Deadly pounce distance". If someone got pounced from this distance (or longer one) victim will die immediately (for hunter broke their weak human bones ) Also added bonus dmg if hunter is burning. IMPORTANT: THis will only add dmg when you tearing apart victim after pounce. Usual claw attacks wont be modified.

Config

It will create cfg file named l4d_brutal_hunter_mod.cfg in your left4dead\cfg\sourcemod folder.

CVARS

// "Survivors will never get up after being pounced from this distance."
    // -
    // Default: "1000"
    l4d_hunter_fatal_distance "1000"

// "Should we apply bonus damage to incapped survivors? Set 0 to turn off, 1 to turn on."
    // -
    // Default: "0"
    l4d_hunter_bonusdmg_applytoincapped "0"

// "Bonus damage to hardhp and incapped hp."
    // -
    // Default: "1"
    l4d_hunter_bonusdmg_hardhp "1"

// "Bonus damage to temp. hp."
    // -
    // Default: "1.0"
    l4d_hunter_bonusdmg_temphp "1.0"

l4d_bh_mod_version Plugin Version

Notes on mechanic

Tried using this with damage key from player_hurt event, but the problem is once they are incapacitated - player hurt event doesnt fire for pounce damage and thus, deadly pounce impossible if you incapping target on pouncing. EDIT: Used n0limits code for distance checking, now working PRECISELY.

You can try different values, test it with bots, and set optimal value.

Be careful, setting this too low will make survivors cry and rage quit

Anyway the most skillfull hunter should be rewarded somehow, shouldn't he?
    Credits
    Everyone on the alliedmods.net.
    Valve for great game.
    n0limit for his Pounce Announce plugin, from which i took code for precise distance calculation (Great plugin btw, be sure to grab it too, will be even nicer with deadly strike ).
    Theme97 for good advice.

Things to do
    Add gamemode checks (we don't want bonus dmg part for coop, since its already present in coop)

Changelog
    18.08.2009 / initial release
    /changed distance checking code
    20.08.2009/1.1 Added bonus damage for burning hunters, works nice for me, need to add cvars though.
    21.08.2009/1.2 Changed timer disable mechanism , shouldnt produce invalud timer handle errors now.
    21.08.2009/1.3 Added cvar to control if bonus dmg should be applied to incapped survivors.
    21.08.2009/1.4 Added cvars to control bonus dmg value for diffrent hp types (temp hp and usual/incapped hp), added all cvars to topic.
    22.08.2009/1.5 Hopefully fixed errors spamming from invalid timers, added message how much bonus damage was done.
    23.08.2009/1.5.1 Added some colors to bonus dmg messages and fixed typo in text.
    26.08.2009/1.5.2 Message of bonus dmg done should now display correct values. (Didnt tested it myself though).
    12.09.2009/ Changed version CVAR to be more short.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_brutal_hunter_mod 1.5.1 .sp - 3763 views - 8.0 KB)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_brutal_hunter_mod 1.5.2 .sp - 6804 views - 8.5 KB)

Last edited by olj; 09-12-2009 at 08:28.
    Theme97
    Old 08-18-2009 , 14:48   Re: [L4D] Brutal hunter mod 1.0
    Reply With Quote #2

The "distance" in lunge_pounce only reflects horizontal distance and not vertical distance. If I were to pounce straight down for 1,000 units, "distance" would return a number close to 0.

Consider calculating the distance from the current position to the Hunter's "m_pounceStartPosition" instead.

[ALL] Karaoke
    [TF2] Intel Timer | Crabmod | Randomizer | Stopwatch | Crits 4 All
    olj
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-18-2009 , 15:03   Re: [L4D] Brutal hunter mod 1.0
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Theme97 View Post
    The "distance" in lunge_pounce only reflects horizontal distance and not vertical distance. If I were to pounce straight down for 1,000 units, "distance" would return a number close to 0.

Consider calculating the distance from the current position to the Hunter's "m_pounceStartPosition" instead.
    Hm, i will test this.

Well, i think this is true - BUT since 0 distance will occur only for straigth vertical jumping, its not a huge problem. I will give more feedback when i test this with Printing out distance for different jumps.

EDIT: OK, thank you for the tip, this is very useful. I will remake this to calculate distance more precisely, i think there was a thread about pounce distance.

Last edited by olj; 08-18-2009 at 15:28.
    olj
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-18-2009 , 15:51   Re: [L4D] Brutal hunter mod 1.0
    Reply With Quote #4

OK, i changed the distance checking code, took example from n0limits pounce announce. You can be sure its all precise now. Have fun, breaking survivors' bones
    Old 08-20-2009 , 12:38   Re: [L4D] Brutal hunter mod 1.1
    Reply With Quote #5

New version out, whoever wanted bonus fire dmg for versus can grab it now.
    Old 08-20-2009 , 16:02   Re: [L4D] Brutal hunter mod 1.1 (now with burning dmg bonus)
    Reply With Quote #6

Hi olj,

Your "burning hunter extra damage" part is what I liked so much in the out-of-the-box game BEFORE valve "fixed" it by lowering the damage dramatically. Actually I am not aware of the value of the additional damage a hunter is doing when he is on fire( I mean without your plugin, the default "burn damage"). Do you know that by chance ? Itīs only fair for hunters on fire to do extra damage as they even sacrifice themselves . You like to create plugins doing sinister stuff . The feelingīs mutual

Looking at your code you call the "public Action:BonusDmgTimerFunction" every 0.7 seconds after the pounce event and subtract 1 HP (the line containing "HP-1")from the victim every time the action is called ?

temphp/mhealthbuffer.... is this the HP a surv initially has when being incap(the hp that usually starts with 300)? I want to make sure that I only change the hp you subtract from not_incapped survivors to do more damage.

thank you in advance! Skorpion1976

Last edited by Skorpion1976; 08-20-2009 at 16:05.
    olj
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-20-2009 , 18:43   Re: [L4D] Brutal hunter mod 1.1 (now with burning dmg bonus)
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skorpion1976 View Post
    Hi olj,

Your "burning hunter extra damage" part is what I liked so much in the out-of-the-box game BEFORE valve "fixed" it by lowering the damage dramatically. Actually I am not aware of the value of the additional damage a hunter is doing when he is on fire( I mean without your plugin, the default "burn damage"). Do you know that by chance ? Itīs only fair for hunters on fire to do extra damage as they even sacrifice themselves . You like to create plugins doing sinister stuff . The feelingīs mutual

Looking at your code you call the "public Action:BonusDmgTimerFunction" every 0.7 seconds after the pounce event and subtract 1 HP (the line containing "HP-1")from the victim every time the action is called ?

temphp/mhealthbuffer.... is this the HP a surv initially has when being incap(the hp that usually starts with 300)? I want to make sure that I only change the hp you subtract from not_incapped survivors to do more damage.

thank you in advance! Skorpion1976
    1 This action is repeateble timer which created each time a victim is pounced with non-lethal pounce by burning hunter.

2 Incapped hp is counted as hp before incapatitaion. Thus "hardhp". Temp hp applied after first reviving of survivor, this is that flashing red hp. Damage to both hardhp and temphp is dealed accurately (at least for me). Im not sure but i believe that incapped hp is affected also, cause when survivors is incapped hardhp changes to incapacitaded hp value. I will add cvar for that too, dont worry. As for now you can test new version which hopefully fixed some errors produced when trying to kill non existent timer.

As for default bonus damage - i believe its only 1 or 2 point of damage too, and its works in coop only. So you shouldnt use it in coop unless i add a gamemode check.

EDIT: Ok, i added cvar for enabling/disabling this for incapped survivors, check 1.3 version.

Last edited by olj; 08-20-2009 at 19:09.
    Skorpion1976
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-20-2009 , 19:13   Re: [L4D] Brutal hunter mod 1.1 (now with burning dmg bonus)
    Reply With Quote #8

erm... so the burning extra damage IS working in vs, but not the other stuff ? All I want is to have the extra damage when a hunter is on fire

Last edited by Skorpion1976; 08-20-2009 at 19:28.
    olj
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-20-2009 , 19:28   Re: [L4D] Brutal hunter mod 1.1 (now with burning dmg bonus)
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skorpion1976 View Post
    oh, you mean additional damage done when a hunter is burning is NOT working in versus ? then I have to remove it as I thought its generic and working for vs. too.
    You misread it. There is no bonus damage in vs. THATS WHY I MADE THIS, to add bonus dmg to versus.
    Default damage i meant is bonus damage which applies in coop mode, this is built ingame feature, which was removed in versus, so i returned it back. So, dont worry it is INTENDED to work in versus. Its also why i wont advice to use this in coop mode - default coop bonus damage will add to bonus dmg from this plugin.

Short answer - it works in versus (and should only be working in versus, thats why i will add gamemode check later).
    Old 08-20-2009 , 19:40   Re: [L4D] Brutal hunter mod 1.1 (now with burning dmg bonus)
    Reply With Quote #10

hm... I am tired... long day in office...
    I changed my post while you wrote your answer...so I have to ask again XDD (final question, believe me): A player as a hunter which is burning does extra damage to the victim, in versus, . Right or not ?