Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release

Post New Thread Reply   

SirLamer
Old 08-15-2009 , 13:58   Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #1

Notice: This thread has been depreciated.
Please refer to the official Jukebox thread for all future discussions and updates.

Jukebox for Source is a fully featured music streaming plugin for SoruceMod. It is designed to offer a complete solution for server admins who want to enrich their server's character and overall experience and places heavy value on social play. Jukebox uniquely offers a searchable and dynamic interface similar to those of many other music players, such as iTunes and WinAmp.

Jukebox is compatible with all Source engine mods on both Linux and Windows. For admins, Jukebox also includes a web-based suite of tools for uploading and managing your music library.

Features

Jukebox Features
  • Intuitive, dynamically generated menu-based interface.
    • Browse tracks by genre, artist, album or title.
    • Look up and select from the newest or most popular tracks.
  • Command-line interface, including full search capability, for more familiar users.
  • Customizable playback behavior available to each client, with automatically saved and restored settings.
  • Easily listen to an entire genre, album or any search result using convenient playlist generation and playback.
  • Easy-to-read display of track info in synchronization with playlist tracks.
  • Admin-reserved ability to play music for everyone on the server.

Administrative Features
  • Easily integrate MP3 tracks from any folder on your website.
    • Currently designed for separate FTP upload prior to track integration.
  • Supports batch processing of new tracks. Upload several albums at once!
  • Minimizes work in populating track metadata.
    • Automatic ID3 extraction.
    • Make batch changes to album, artist and genre info.
  • Browse, preview, edit and delete tracks using the provided library browser.
  • Optionally host MP3 files on a low-cost remote server.
    • Intended for rental packages which do not include enough bandwidth and storage spaces for Jukebox.
    • Remote file server is automatically managed via FTP.
  • Access is controlled and secure.
    • Create user accounts for people you wish to have uploading or administrative access.
    • Identify who is uploading which tracks.
    • Non-administrative users may edit and delete their own additions.
  • No risk of leeching.
    • Playback URLs expire due to encrypted timestamp.
    • Stored files have randomized file names, making direct browsing impractical.

Requirements
  • Website Server
    • PHP 5 or later
    • MySQL 5 or later
  • Source Engine Game Server
    • SourceMod 1.2 or later
    • Access to same MySQL database as Website Server
  • Remote File Server (optional)
    • FTP server

Version Info

Current Version: 0.3.6.0

This release is an early beta release. It is NOT yet being submitted for official inclusion in the SourceMod plugin library until known bugs are closed and the SourcePawn code is cleaned up.

Changes:
  • Revised configuration file system to conform with system more commonly used by other plugins.
    • Config file is now stored at mod_folder/cfg/sourcemod/jukebox.cfg.
    • If the config file is not found when Jukebox is started, it will automatically be created. Similarly, future cvars added to Jukebox will automatically be edited into your custom config file.
    • The old config file, found at mod_folder/addons/sourcemod/configs/jukebox.cfg, is no longer in use. It can be deleted but it safe to leave there.
    • Existing Jukebox users should update jukebox.smx to the latest version and restart it. Then, go to the created config file and update base_url and leech_password with the correct values for your server.
  • Fixed significant playback stability error which prevented playback if anyone is in the process of connecting to the server or if a non-player bot (such as SourceTV) is occupying a client slot.
  • Corrected error in Eavesdrop function which prevented it from working the majority of the time.
  • (query.php) Removed track info (title, artist, album) from playlist generation, as it is not being put to use.

Known bugs:
  • An undiagnosed disruptive behavior where Jukebox will repeatedly go in and out of functionality. This bug is known to be sensitive to the number of players on the server; as more players join the server, it is more likely Jukebox is not working.
    • This bug has been very troublesome. I appreciate any tips or observations you may have. Please see “Feedback” at the end of this document.
  • Cannot search for hyphenated words like “g-man” because the hyphen is interpreted as a new command.

Reporting Bugs

The purpose of this beta release is to gather bug-reporting feedback from multiple servers. Progress on Jukebox depends on bug reports.

When reporting a bug, provide an appropriately detailed description of the symptoms and the sequence of events that led to it. Specify if the problem is being experience on the game server, the web server or both. Also check the console for errors when attempting to invoke Jukebox commands.

Include details on the server machine displaying the bug, such as your SourceMod version, game server OS, web server OS, PHP and MySQL version, etc.

Submit bug reports via Private Message to SirLamer on the Allied Modders forum (the official SourceMod community board) at http://forums.alliedmods.net. Understand that all or part of your message may be copied or paraphrased into a public forum thread for record keeping purposes.

Acknowledgements

Attachments note: Jukebox.sp will not compile in the forum, as it depends on some custom include files. The zip file includes everything you'll need.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (jukebox.sp - 385 views - 119.9 KB)
File Type: zip Jukebox for Source v0.3.6.0.zip (358.4 KB, 404 views)
File Type: zip Jukebox for Source - UPGRADE 0.3.2.0 to 0.3.6.0.zip (255.7 KB, 211 views)

Plugins: Jukebox for Source

Last edited by SirLamer; 09-28-2009 at 00:48. Reason: Updated to version 0.3.6.0
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2009 , 16:40   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #2

When I get home tonight, I'll be installing this and working on it till i go to sleep. Hopefully we can find the source of your problems.
Edit: I'm working on installing it, and I'd be more than willing to design you a user interface for the web side of things.

Last edited by Sexual Harassment Panda; 08-16-2009 at 23:33.
raydan
Old 08-17-2009 , 00:56   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #3

i just try the web interface,
Anyone like this interface design in here?

[IMG]http://img90.**************/img90/223/suckb.jpg[/IMG]
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2009 , 00:59   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #4

I don't really understand what you're saying.
Also, I'm having trouble making new users for the jukebox system, but I think that's because hostgator is dumb with chmodding. Is there a way to see what the error is, whether it's chmod on the folders, or the sql or anything like that?
Old 08-17-2009 , 01:20   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #5

i can't register a user too,
may be the problem in
Code:
if(!html_head_secure("Jukebox - HTTP post", "OpenBrWindow"))
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2009 , 01:36   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #6

Installing on my game-server, i got this error:
Code:
22:35:39 L 08/16/2009 - 22:35:39: [SM] Native "CloseHandle" reported: Handle 0 is invalid (error 4)
22:35:39 L 08/16/2009 - 22:35:39: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "jukebox.smx":
22:35:39 L 08/16/2009 - 22:35:39: [SM]   [0]  Line 170, W:\server script\sourcemod121\scripting\jukebox.sp::OnPluginStart()
Old 08-17-2009 , 01:40   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #7

bad web interface & bug script
SirLamer
Old 08-17-2009 , 01:58   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #8

I'm having trouble registering a new user, too. It worked before, but I will review the code and see what the issue is. In the meantime, you can just rename the default "admin" user in your database to whatever you'd like, and then change the password using the Edit Account link.

Raydan, I agree that the web interface is very bare right now - it's purely functional. I didn't spend time on making it pretty yet. However, it works plenty well enough for administrative purposes, as that's all who will be using it. I have used it to upload over 1000 tracks. However, if you have any specific functional criticisms or comments please share them - I cannot act on vague statements. ;) Remember that I put this script here and labelled it "beta" for a reason - I know it has bugs. However, since it's very likely the largest and most complicated SourceMod plugin to date, I hope you can extend me some patience. ;) After all, how many other plugins come with a web-based administrative panel at all?

Panda, that error comes from the first SQL query in the program, so that tells me that the query failed, possibly because your MySQL user credentials are incorrect. Please review them in the jukebox.cfg file founds in addons/sourcemod/configs/. This particular query doesn't even read from any tables or anything, it just gets a timestamp, and is only sensitive to your database username and password. For some reason I didn't think to put error catching there because it's so simple, but I should have because it's the first query!

Plugins: Jukebox for Source
raydan
Old 08-17-2009 , 02:13   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #9

Code:
in upload.php
function get_meta_data($full_path, $do_md5 = FALSE) {
 require_once "include/getid3/getid3.php";
where is the "getid3" file in the zip file
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2009 , 02:45   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLamer View Post
I'm having trouble registering a new user, too. It worked before, but I will review the code and see what the issue is. In the meantime, you can just rename the default "admin" user in your database to whatever you'd like, and then change the password using the Edit Account link.

Raydan, I agree that the web interface is very bare right now - it's purely functional. I didn't spend time on making it pretty yet. However, it works plenty well enough for administrative purposes, as that's all who will be using it. I have used it to upload over 1000 tracks. However, if you have any specific functional criticisms or comments please share them - I cannot act on vague statements. ;) Remember that I put this script here and labelled it "beta" for a reason - I know it has bugs. However, since it's very likely the largest and most complicated SourceMod plugin to date, I hope you can extend me some patience. ;) After all, how many other plugins come with a web-based administrative panel at all?

Panda, that error comes from the first SQL query in the program, so that tells me that the query failed, possibly because your MySQL user credentials are incorrect. Please review them in the jukebox.cfg file founds in addons/sourcemod/configs/. This particular query doesn't even read from any tables or anything, it just gets a timestamp, and is only sensitive to your database username and password. For some reason I didn't think to put error catching there because it's so simple, but I should have because it's the first query!
I checked jukebox.cfg in addons/sourcemod/config and all the tables are named properly in there. Also, the back to main button does not work as it tries to go to main.php, but in fact it should be going to index.php

Also, I'm sorry but there's more bad news, assuming i'm doing things correctly: When i upload a file and try to add it, it gives me this error. it can browse the file structure, but it doesn't see the file, and gives me an error wherever there are files -
Code:
Fatal error:  require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'include/getid3/getid3.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/doering/public_html/parlourroomjesters.com/jukebox/upload.php on line 354

Last edited by Sexual Harassment Panda; 08-17-2009 at 03:42.