Don't connect and spawn, look and ask around first!
This plugin sends everyone into the spectator team after they connected.Requirements:
Type "!jointeam [teamnumber]" into the chat to join a team or leave [teamnumber] blank to get a menu.
Ragdolls are removed when a player dies because he changed a team.
This plugin may not fully work with special teams like in L4D or L4D2.
- 2012-08-23 - v3.1
- Removed hl2dm deathmatch support (still should work with team death match)
- Added cvar connectspectate_playerlimit setting it to 4 will block players joining a match with more than 4 players (example: 2 players TERRORISTS, 2 players CT)
- 2012-08-22 - v3.0
- Rewritten most parts of the plugin to work with the latest pluginmanager (can be found as feature in smlib on github.com - is also in the .zip included)
- 2011-02-08 - v2.10.22
- Fixed problems with +1 score and -1 death.
- Added compatibility for fix_hl2dm_teamscore plugin.
- 2011-01-18 - v2.8.20
- Added: +1 score and -1 death on scoreboard when joining into the game to prevent -1 score and 1 death.
- 2011-01-17 - v2.7.20
- Fixed problem where jointeam would sometimes move you into the red team (rebels, terrorists, etc.)
- Fixed the removed dalay, when a player is in spectator and wants to join the game.
- 2011-01-16 - v2.7.18
- Fixed issue with mp_forcerespawn.
- Fixed wrong team names in teamplay 0 (its not rebels, combine but unassigned!
- Removed delay when a player is in spectator and wants to join the game.
- 2011-01-15 - v2.6.14
- Fixed issue were weapons stay after team change.
- Fixed problems with mp_teamplay 0 in hl2dm
- 2011-01-13 - v2.5.12
- Added 5 second delay to avoid abusing the jointeam command. Thank you Maxtasy for posting the issue.
- Added chat message, when a player is changing team.
- Added chat message, when a player is already in that team he selected.
- Fixed looping the jointeam command which caused kac (if installed) to kick players.
- HL2DM: Fixed the problem with mp_teamplay 0.
- Added team "Spectator" within the team menu.
- Complete recode with smlib
- Just drop the content of the zip into your mod dir (ex: cstrike,hl2mp,...).
The following can be changed in <moddir>/cfg/sourcemod/connectspectate.cfg
// Defines when to show the menu, 0=never, 1=when a wrong team index was entered, 2=on connect, 3=1+2 means the menu shows when entered a wrong team index and on connect
// Default: "3"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Enables or disables this plugin
// Default: "1"
// Only send players into spectate if there are already playing more players than this value
// Default: "2"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
- BE SURE TO OVERRIDE THE OLD CONFIG FILE (connectspectate.cfg in your <moddir>/cfg/sorucemod/ folder)!
- Updating to v3.0 and higher, delete plugin.connectspectate.cfg in your <moddir>/cfg/sorucemod/ folder.
The provided connectspectate.cfg file is configured to enable this plugin by default and only is activated if there are more than 2 players on the server.
connectspectate.zip is always the latest version of this plugin. Older versions are attached with their version number.